Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I,m not sure vote would be so different
that would depend on the question or questions put in front of the voters.
If you repeat the same old question, then instead of 52/48, you may get 48/52, what then?
The logical solution would be a new GE where parties will have to set their store by not just that old question but also how they relate to the negotiated deal (or no deal).

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
That's the one, hopefully it covers all bases.

If not and you still get bothered, hover over your name again and choose in turn both "Preferences" and "Alert Preferences" on the left, then uncheck the email items as required.
The first option didn't work, I received two emails again to let me know that you had responded.

I've tried your second suggestion, so if you wouldn't mind posting a quick test reply, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The first option didn't work, I received two emails again to let me know that you had responded.

I've tried your second suggestion, so if you wouldn't mind posting a quick test reply, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Hopefully it will be ok this time.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Hopefully it will be ok this time.
Two emails again.

I have an email address which I use for things like insurance quotes and free offers. It catches all the spam, so I’ll try and register that address.

I don’t understand why this has suddenly started happening. I haven’t changed any settings.

Thanks for trying.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Two emails again.

I have an email address which I use for things like insurance quotes and free offers. It catches all the spam, so I’ll try and register that address.

I don’t understand why this has suddenly started happening. I haven’t changed any settings.

Thanks for trying.
Very strange. If no luck with the new registration, try emailing Russell and Helen in website admin:

webmaster@pedelecs.co.uk

Reactions: tillson and robdon

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
They often vote for the slowest,most dim witted.
Yes, the area where I live had a reactionary moron who decided we needed represented at local council meetings and to control such serious matters as where wheelie bins should be left and at what times they should be placed for collection, so we all voted him into the position, and then gave him plenty of work; save the phone box, squirrel crossing signs, get the village hall painted, better road gritting service etc etc. Never made one bit of difference other than shutting him up, which was a bonus.

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
A check on the IPSO rulings over the last year has revealed that the Daily Mail is the most dishonest of the tory propaganda rags. This paints the picture but you can read the full article on the AAV website:

Daily Mail dishonest 2017.png

Nobody should be surprised at that given the sort of rubbish these instruments of tory propaganda publish because they know their lies will be believed by the simpletons who purchase their evil message.

By way of example, this recent item is just the tip of the iceberg but it gives a flavour of what the British media is about:

Gove Tory Plastic Bag EU.png

The despicable, self-serving piece of hist, Gove, claiming credit for the plastic bag reduction policy, is nothing less than a blatant lie and once again, the full story can be read in the AAV blog.

Tom

Attachments

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The despicable, self-serving piece of hist, Gove, claiming credit for the plastic bag reduction policy, is nothing less than a blatant lie and once again, the full story can be read in the AAV blog.
Banned in France since July 2016, fruit and veg ones have to be majority made of cornstarch (or other biodegradable) since January 2017.

Les Anglais ont opté pour une taxe d’environ 6 centimes d’euro, après avoir voulu stopper la réglementation européenne en faveur d’une réduction des sacs plastiques.

Apparently the English voted against the EU ban and have been taxing you for their use instead - 5p a bag times several hundreds of millions of bags = nice little earner... :D

The punchline of the organic plastic bag story is they can't be made in Asia! They don't last long enough to make the journey by container :p French bag manufacturers are thrilled. Oh and they only use 0.72% of the non food vegetable starch production.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
This sketch may seem funny but it isn't. It reveals exactly what life in our hospitals has become under the starvation policy by the tory scum against the NHS and the ordinary man in the street.

26731238_10213636313653760_1163964712300469744_n.jpg

James O'Brien, the well-known journalist and radio presenter, tweeted this and it exemplifies how ruthless the tory scum really are by starving the NHS of funds in their quest to destroy the NHS and put it in the hands of private healthcare providers with their sole motive of profit-making for the already staggeringly wealthy.

26196069_683626005358579_8639111023410568761_n.jpg

It is nothing less than an act of treason against the British people who have being buying national insurance provision since 1948 to pay for everyone's cradle-to-grave, comprehensive health care. Only those people whose tax matters are outside of their own control, dealt with by employers under the PAYE scheme have ever actually paid into the system, others treated differently and indeed more favourably.

Tom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The punchline of the organic plastic bag story is they can't be made in Asia! They don't last long enough to make the journey by container :p French bag manufacturers are thrilled. Oh and they only use 0.72% of the non food vegetable starch production.
The odd thing is that a long time ago, well over a decade, many UK supermarkets did have free organic cornstarch plastic bags, but they were abandoned after a while. I've no idea why, the ones I got from Somerfield supermarket always seemed to last well in my experience.

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The never-ending lies by tory politicians coupled with the fact that the nasty, self-serving idiots who vote for them simply accept their lies, indeed applaud and encourage the liars both inside and outside parliament is proof enough for me that all tories really are evil creatures.

Here we have yet another blatant lie disseminated by a tory minister and the mainstream media cannot even be honest enough to challenge the liar or his party leader or print the truth of the matter he lied about:

Dominic Raab is a liar.png

If you want to read the article, it is contained in this edition of the Yorkshire blogger, Thomas G Clark's web page here:

dominic-raab-is-liar.html

Tom

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
All the things that are wrong in the UK will be exacerbated by 'Brexit', not improved or eradicated.

The meek are not going to suddenly inherit the Earth and the poor will simply go hungry and die as a direct result of the diabolical, tory slash-and-burn policy of ridding the country of poor people, sick and disabled not to mention all those on any form of state benefit.

One senior police officer has decided the time has come to tell the real story why shoplifting, food stealing and other minor crime have all soared. It doesn't take a genius to find the answer to the question of why this has happened:

police-van-770x441.jpg

senior-police-officer-admits-universal-credit-driving-people-crime

Tom

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Things will have to get so disastrously bad, before anything is done to improve the situation. Its the British way.

The only problem is you can't get trained NHS staff if you don't train them. Same as all skilled trades.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Things will have to get so disastrously bad, before anything is done to improve the situation. Its the British way.
You're right 'SHAN' but the nation has been so dumbed down and inured to the awful things that have been made to happen by the tory scum at Westminster, that we seem as a people, no longer concerned about the present; about the disparity that has been deliberately created within our society or about the future to which we are condemning our children and grandchildren.

This video clip describes one of the curses of the many that have blighted the population's ability to see what is important:

Tom

SHAN

De-registered
Oct 13, 2017
Scotland
Superb.

Boris Johnson, previously on Trump.

“clearly out of his mind”, accused him of “quite stupefying ignorance” that makes him “unfit for office” and said he would not visit New York because of the “real risk of meeting Donald Trump"

And now, referring to Sadiq Khan for not approving of Trump.

"a puffed up pompous popinjay'

Boris dear chap, you've just given the most accurate description of yourself.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Boris dear chap, you've just given the most accurate description of yourself.
BJ's comment illustrates why so many Americans agree with Mr Trump.
He is seen (by many) as telling unpleasant things as they are.
I am not making excuses for Mr Trump's racist comments though.

Advertisers