Brexit, for once some facts.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
We have to be careful about boring others about boat talk.
I sailed a Contest 49.
KudosDave
I disagree.
Boat talk or repetitive arguments laced with personal insults.
Let's relax and talk 6 knots on a beam reach.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Even the Daily Mail is "at it"
"
Finally an EU deal on immigration! Plan to offer Britain a seven-year migration opt-out which would still give UK access to Europe's single market
  • Senior British officials say plans for emergency brake are 'on the table'
  • Could keep UK in lucrative single market and access to 500m Europeans
  • Dutch and Italian officials say their governments would back the move
  • Boris Johnson confident of keeping Britain in single market and curbing freedom of movement "
But the readers comments are very Hostile.
However, no doubt with the right amount of propaganda they wuff and wag their tails like good little dogs as usual when the powers that be spoil their Brexit dreams.
(Or knowing the Mail and Express only supporting reader responses will get past the moderators)
Lets face it it's all turning into a big let down.
(As was intended all along)
OG....is that Daily Mail EU deal if we stay in or Brexit?
If we got a 7 year deal controlling immigration that surely would answer what a large percentage of Leave voters wanted. If that is true it just says that Cameron wasn't brave enough what he asked for and we could have avoided all this as the Remain voters would have easily won.
However,if such a deal could only be achieved after we voted Leave,then Boris was probably right when he suggested that was the only way we would get what we wanted.
But it is the Daily Mail,first rule of creative journalism,don't let the truth get in the way of a good story,hehe!
KudosDave

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
If we got a 7 year deal controlling immigration that surely would answer what a large percentage of Leave voters wanted. If that is true it just says that Cameron wasn't brave enough what he asked for and we could have avoided all this as the Remain voters would have easily won.
However,if such a deal could only be achieved after we voted Leave,then Boris was probably right when he suggested that was the only way we would get what we wanted.
But it is the Daily Mail,first rule of creative journalism,don't let the truth get in the way of a good story,hehe!
KudosDave
It seems to indicate that the 7 year deal would be if we left the EU. But it is a Daily Fail report, so place as much credibility on that as you feel able.

Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
KudosDave
My reading is that this is an exit deal, but Boris wants more than that, and to keep us in from the tone of his words.

Mar 9, 2016
The German Volkswagen Group is the largest automaker in the world as of 2015. As of February 2010 it had 61 production plants and factories in fifteen European countries, along with six countries in the Americas, plus Asia, and Africa. The Group employs nearly 370,000 people around the world who produce motor vehicles and related major components for sale in over 150 countries around the globe.

They seem to have set their sights far higher than just Albania!
Fair point bit you get mine ...offering escape routes to get a living is hardly a solution. Going in and sorting, helping,investing , creating would be more beneficial...but would create competition ???
But don't forget their little disgrace ...lying about emmisions...think they had to stop many projects and sell off parts of commercial organisation to offset costs.. They aren't philanthropic flecc. Its to make cash...which is fine..

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It seems to indicate that the 7 year deal would be if we left the EU. But it is a Daily Fail report, so place as much credibility on that as you feel able.
I'm with you all the way on this Tillson that's pretty much how it struck me, but remember is is in both Sunday Express.
This is the Guardian's take on it
"
While the plan will prove highly controversial in many member states, including France, Poland and other central and eastern European nations, the attraction is that it would limit the economic shock to the EU economy from Brexit by keeping the UK in the single market, and lessen the political damage to the European project that would result from complete divorce.
High-ranking UK officials said that while it was “very early days”, some form of extended emergency brake was “certainly one of the ideas now on the table”.
Any such agreement would, however, mean the UK would still have to pay a substantial contribution into the EU budget, although probably at a lower rate, and would lose its seat at the negotiating table when rules on the single market were determined, because it would not be a full member of the union."

The last paragraph is interesting...
Possibly we will have a general election as I don't thing the Government would be enchanted with another referendum on "Brinout"?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Even the Daily Mail is "at it"
"
Finally an EU deal on immigration! Plan to offer Britain a seven-year migration opt-out which would still give UK access to Europe's single market
  • Senior British officials say plans for emergency brake are 'on the table'
  • Could keep UK in lucrative single market and access to 500m Europeans
  • Dutch and Italian officials say their governments would back the move
  • Boris Johnson confident of keeping Britain in single market and curbing freedom of movement "
But the readers comments are very Hostile.
However, no doubt with the right amount of propaganda they wuff and wag their tails like good little dogs as usual when the powers that be spoil their Brexit dreams.
(Or knowing the Mail and Express only supporting reader responses will get past the moderators)
Lets face it it's all turning into a big let down.
(As was intended all along)
Was that a deal in or Brexit?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Fair point bit you get mine ...offering escape routes to get a living is hardly a solution. Going in and sorting, helping,investing , creating would be more beneficial...but would create competition ???
But don't forget their little disgrace ...lying about emmisions...think they had to stop many projects and sell off parts of commercial organisation to offset costs.. They aren't philanthropic flecc. Its to make cash...which is fine..
I fully agree all points Flud, indeed I wondered if you couldn't see why pristine Albania should escape all the pollution and considered VW to be a quick fix to correct that. :D

Mar 9, 2016
I fully agree all points Flud, indeed I wondered if you couldn't see why pristine Albania should escape all the pollution and considered VW to be a quick fix to correct that. :D
Very clever Flecc...nice one.

But perhaps when central Europe is clogged with smoke and Albania empty...we could move over there...??? Could be eu's long term.plan.. Keep Albania and Greece free from mucky old industry for the future..??

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Reactions: oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I strongly suspect a vindictive element is present though.
I'm sure there is an element of that in it flecc and I suspect if we formally instigate our exit intention through Article 50, the future for travellers heading to the French and possibly the other easily accessible ports may be quite unpleasant.

The surprise for me is that so many wish to take their British-plated vehicles into France at the present time, given the long-standing turmoil in Calais and to a large degree elsewhere in France. I firmly believe, sadly, that those travellers are putting themselves in harm's way but it is their choice.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm sure there is an element of that in it flecc and I suspect if we formally instigate our exit intention through Article 50, the future for travellers heading to the French and possibly the other easily accessible ports may be quite unpleasant.

The surprise for me is that so many wish to take their British-plated vehicles into France at the present time, given the long-standing turmoil in Calais and to a large degree elsewhere in France. I firmly believe, sadly, that those travellers are putting themselves in harm's way but it is their choice.

Tom
I suspect that they, like the Americans, are unaware that the rest of the world for some unknown reason, doesn't hold the same warm feeling we have for our own superiority, and right to dump long standing alliances and snub our friends for nonsensical and selfish reasons.
Why would anyone resent that?
All they had to do was agree to our demands after all.
Disgraceful!

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and trex

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And here is another disaster about to be implemented
"
Chancellor Philip Hammond has begun discussions with China on an ambitious free trade deal which could see greater access for major Chinese banks and businesses to the UK economy.
The Chancellor told the BBC it was time to explore "new opportunities" across the world, including with China, one of the UK's biggest inward investors.
That is despite a short term economic shock from leaving the European Union."
Time to learn Mandarin and learn to KowTow to your new masters, has this country utterly taken leave of it's senses?
We pretend the EU dictates to us to become willing slaves of the Chinese?
Pretty soon we will own NOTHING WHATSOEVER.

And what has Teresa May said about China in the past?
25th April 2016"
But this is all about trade with Europe. What about trade with the rest of the world? It is tempting to look at developing countries’ economies, with their high growth rates, and see them as an alternative to trade with Europe. But just look at the reality of our trading relationship with China - with its dumping policies, protective tariffs and industrial-scale industrial espionage. And look at the figures. We export more to Ireland than we do to China, almost twice as much to Belgium as we do to India, and nearly 3 times as much to Sweden as we do to Brazil. It is not realistic to think we could just replace European trade with these new markets."

She was right then, can she be right now with the opposite point of view? how many more lies before people realise what is going on?

Last edited:
Reactions: oldtom and flecc

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
We have to be careful about boring others about boat talk. I was once storm bound in Port-Vendres,waiting for the wind to subside before going south,it never did subside we just had to go for it,the Pyrenees funnel the wind to the coast,you are in a windy corner there.
I loved the South of France but finding a berth that is reasonable price is impossible,I berthed in marina Port Vell in Barcelona,mainly sailing to the Balearics or went up to Italy,marina Aragai near St Remo.
In the end I got fed up with being ripped off in Antibes, or Baie des Anges so I moved to the Ionian Islands in Greece,I don't regret it,the Greeks are so much friendlier than the French, 50 lovely anchorages in the islands and most harbours are free.
I sailed a Contest 49.
KudosDave
At risk of derailing thread,what was the contest like? It seems much a long passage cruiser,like a rival?

Mar 9, 2016
Thanks yes,now we just have to find a way to agree about the way UK has been responsible for the flood of refugees by destabilising the middle East.
That's so true but would never have happened without Blair or with a referendum.
I,d bet under 20% of population wanted that war...but we got it.!

Not sure what you are asking above derf? Sorry..

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The Goodness is Flowing
"Rolls-Royce will suffer a £2bn writedown this week as a result of the fall in sterling since the EU referendum result, according to analysts.
Rolls-Royce booked a £1bn charge on those forex contracts when the pound fell 8 cents against the dollar. Sterling has now fallen 16 cents compared with last year, leading analysts to expect a £2bn charge.
The company, which employs 23,000 workers in the UK, said last month that it expected underlying profit for the first six months of 2016 to be close to breakeven.
Analysts expect the charge will drag the FTSE 100 firm to a loss when it reports first-half results on Thursday."
Fortunately none of this is real money.........is it?

• Agree
Reactions: derf

Advertisers