Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It would be unprecedented for the Queen to withdraw her invitation. To not open the door when he arrives. To kick him down the stairs.

Trump likes disruption.

(Perhaps the diplomatic version, were that required, for Lizzie to be too ill to attend?)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Trump appears to blame Sadiq Khan for terrorism in London. Number dead this year? I think it is zero.

Would you blame Trump for the school shootings in the USA? Numbers dead, this year:
Stoneman Douglas High School shooting Feb 14 2018 - 17 dead
Santa Fe High School shooting May 18 2018 - 10 dead
Marshall County High School shooting Jan 23 2018 - 2 dead

If Khan were responsible, wouldn't you expect the number to be greater than zero?
Trump has been POTUS long enough to actually be culpable for failing to act to stop these deaths.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008

Dear
Today, we announced our detailed plan for Brexit. We’re taking back control of our borders, our money, and our laws.
This plan delivers on the result of the referendum:
  • Ending the free movement of people – so we control our borders.
  • Ending the huge annual payments we make to the EU – so we control our money.
  • Ending the rule of the European Court of Justice – so we control our laws.
We will cease to be a member of the European Union on 29 March next year.
Our Brexit plan means we can make our own trade deals. So we can protect British jobs – while creating new ones.
We will leave the EU’s Customs Union and Single Market – free to make our own trade deals with old friends and new allies around the world.
At the same time, we’re proposing a new free-trade area with the EU for goods, based on a common rulebook and a business-friendly customs model – so British business can continue to trade with our nearest neighbours in Europe.
But the decision whether to apply new rules on goods will be made in our Parliament, by the people you elect.
We’re also taking back control of our rural communities and our fishing waters – leaving the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy so our farmers and our fishermen can take decisions that are best for them.
Our plan will deliver on the result of the referendum. Taking back control – while protecting British jobs. So if you support our plan, then help us share the facts about it.
Yours sincerely,

The Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP
Prime Minister & Leader of the Conservative Party

Whether people voted leave or remain, Theresa May actually does believe that the public are stupid. She will cement her place in history as the most useless, incompetent, hated and damaging Prime Minister this country has ever seen. It is precisely this kind of thinly disguised bull €h!t which does so much damage to the reputation of Parliament, and in turn breeds mistrust.

In time she will be disposed of, but not before she has exceeded Blair in the public hatetred stakes.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Dear
Today, we announced our detailed plan for Brexit. We’re taking back control of our borders, our money, and our laws.
Our Brexit plan means we can make our own trade deals. So we can protect British jobs – while creating new ones.
We will leave the EU’s Customs Union and Single Market – free to make our own trade deals with old friends and new allies around the world.
At the same time, we’re proposing a new free-trade area with the EU for goods, based on a common rulebook and a business-friendly customs model – so British business can continue to trade with our nearest neighbours in Europe.
But the decision whether to apply new rules on goods will be made in our Parliament, by the people you elect.
We’re also taking back control of our rural communities and our fishing waters – leaving the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common Fisheries Policy so our farmers and our fishermen can take decisions that are best for them.
Our plan will deliver on the result of the referendum. Taking back control – while protecting British jobs. So if you support our plan, then help us share the facts about it.
Yours sincerely,

Whether people voted leave or remain, Theresa May actually does believe that the public are stupid. She will cement her place in history as the most useless, incompetent, hated and damaging Prime Minister this country has ever seen. It is precisely this kind of thinly disguised bull €h!t which does so much damage to the reputation of Parliament, and in turn breeds mistrust.

In time she will be disposed of, but not before she has exceeded Blair in the public hatetred stakes.
There are lies, damned lies, and Conservatives

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The idiot has spoken again in the Sun
"
MIGRANTS 'HARM UK'
Donald Trump says Britain is ‘losing its culture’ because of immigration

The US President says the wave of migrants from the Middle East and Africa is permanently changing Europe for the worse

The notion that an American, from a land built on immigration can say this shows what a hypocrite he is, though there does exist a group in the USA that will heartily agree

The First Nation American Indians
And they have every reason to hold that belief.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
While the UK flounders in the boglands of 'Brexit', its government unable to convince either leavers or remainers that it knows what it is doing, the Irish government has taken a step towards divesting their country of reliance on fossil-based fuels.

That seems to me like a very brave decision although perhaps a rather long-term plan as the pace of change away from fossil fuels globally remains desperately slow.

I hope the Irish people don't run out of patience while waiting for the benefits of that planning.......
images.jpeg

As for the incompetent May, this little infographic is more appropriate:

images-1.jpeg

Tom

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hatti told me this joke she heard on R4:

dring..dring..

'Hello. This is Theresa May. I'm sorry I can't come to the phone right now but please leave your resignation after the tone....'

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The idiot has spoken again in the Sun
"
MIGRANTS 'HARM UK'
Donald Trump says Britain is ‘losing its culture’ because of immigration

The US President says the wave of migrants from the Middle East and Africa is permanently changing Europe for the worse

The notion that an American, from a land built on immigration can say this shows what a hypocrite he is, though there does exist a group in the USA that will heartily agree

The First Nation American Indians
And they have every reason to hold that belief.
Trump does have an unenviable ability to make a fool of himself. I have mixed feelings about him. His ambition to make the welfare of The USA a high priority is sound. His methods, I question.

What is unacceptable is for that filthy pig Khan to allow the insulting Donald Trump blimp to be flown over London. As much as I despise Theresa May and Khan himself, such a childish and inappropriate display as the blimp would be unacceptable. A blimp of a pig with Khan’s head grafted onto it would be equally childish, insulting and unacceptable. I would say that the Trump blimp contravenes Section 5 of The Public Order Act, so why aren’t those responsible being prosecuted?

Khan is a national disgrace for allowing this to happen and the police chiefs are demonstrating that their ranks are filled with people who have attained senior positions without the need for any sort of ability at all.

Last edited:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Tilson, you do need to moderate your language. Mr Kahn is the elected leader of a major city.. note elected not appointed. To call such a person a pig, and particularly , considering his ethnic background is double offensive. Mr Trump has sought to make the play, if the Sun interview can be believed, that as the elected representative of the USA he should be welcomed. What goes around ,comes around.
The major is the first citizen of a city, and if anybody has the right to call a city" their " city, it is the mayor pro tempore.
For the last 18 months Mr Trump has insulted the Mayor of London, on dubious grounds ,and by extension all the people of London.
If the mayor has in his or her wisdom, allowed or banned an activity, that has the force of law, so prosecutions by definition cannot occur.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Tilson, you do need to moderate your language. Mr Kahn is the elected leader of a major city.. note elected not appointed. To call such a person a pig, and particularly , considering his ethnic background is double offensive. Mr Trump has sought to make the play, if the Sun interview can be believed, that as the elected representative of the USA he should be welcomed. What goes around ,comes around.
The major is the first citizen of a city, and if anybody has the right to call a city" their " city, it is the mayor pro tempore.
For the last 18 months Mr Trump has insulted the Mayor of London, on dubious grounds ,and by extension all the people of London.
If the mayor has in his or her wisdom, allowed or banned an activity, that has the force of law, so prosecutions by definition cannot occur.
The blimp is a childish stunt orchestrated by a group of simpletons and sanctioned by Khan. Following a recent visit to London, I can see why he represents the people who currently occupy the city.

The blimp is a visual representation which is abusive and will be in sight of someone likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress. The Section 5 Public Order Act offence is complete, Kahn should be prosecuted along with those operating it.

You seem to suggest that if a mayor sanctions an activity which contravenes the law, the mayor’s sanction overrides law. That’s not correct. The law applies regardless.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The blimp is a childish stunt orchestrated by a group of simpletons and sanctioned by Khan. Following a recent visit to London, I can see why he represents the people who currently occupy the city.

The blimp is a visual representation which is abusive and will be in sight of someone likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress. The Section 5 Public Order Act offence is complete, Kahn should be prosecuted along with those operating it.
.. so no apology for the intemperate language then ?.

Reactions: flecc and robdon
The blimp is a childish stunt orchestrated by a group of simpletons and sanctioned by Khan.
I helped fund it... so you're calling me a simpleton? I think its hilarious and will target Trump in exactly the way he will least like. Its prefect.

We have the right to protest, and mocking politicians is important.

Especially ones like Trump.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com

You seem to suggest that if a mayor sanctions an activity which contravenes the law, the mayor’s sanction overrides law. That’s not correct. The law applies regardless.
i thought it was very funny,I suspect so did Trumps's wife.
It got a lot of publicity so it was probably money well spent.
As Emily Thornberry said 'Trump should have listened to his Mum,when you are invited into someones house you dont criticise the host,its rude'
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Trump does have an unenviable ability to make a fool of himself. I have mixed feelings about him. His ambition to make the welfare of The USA a high priority is sound. His methods, I question.

What is unacceptable is for that filthy pig Khan to allow the insulting Donald Trump blimp to be flown over London. As much as I despise Theresa May and Khan himself, such a childish and inappropriate display as the blimp would be unacceptable. A blimp of a pig with Khan’s head grafted onto it would be equally childish, insulting and unacceptable. I would say that the Trump blimp contravenes Section 5 of The Public Order Act, so why aren’t those responsible being prosecuted?

Khan is a national disgrace for allowing this to happen and the police chiefs are demonstrating that their ranks are filled with people who have attained senior positions without the need for any sort of ability at all.
Nothing racist there then!!!!
KudosDave

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Personally I think it's a sign of how liberal we are that we restrict our reaction to right wing lunatic politicians to harmless jokes rather than tarring and feathering the blighters, as they richly deserve [emoji41]

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I helped fund it... so you're calling me a simpleton? I think its hilarious and will target Trump in exactly the way he will least like. Its prefect.

We have the right to protest, and mocking politicians is important.

Especially ones like Trump.
Nothing within the above come as any surprise to me and it confirms my thoughts on the matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
i thought it was very funny,I suspect so did Trumps's wife.
It got a lot of publicity so it was probably money well spent.
As Emily Thornberry said 'Trump should have listened to his Mum,when you are invited into someones house you dont criticise the host,its rude'
KudosDave
Quoting Emily Thornberry. Oh dear. No need to say anymore.

• Dislike

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com

Dear
Yours sincerely,

Dont worry Tillson,her plan will not become reality,the customs arrangement just wont work. As Barnier said its 80% right ,the other 20% will move us into the single market and the customs union and allow freedom of movement for EU-UK people and we will pay billiions to stay in the agencies....BRINO,hehe.
What a waste of time Brexit was,note 'was' because it is finished already.
But how does that leave the Tory party....actually no change there,the 60 bastards are still moaning and the old hunting pink will stay in the robe for a few more years.
Commonsense has prevailed.
KudosDave

Advertisers