Brexit, for once some facts.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Cancel Brexit
They have fiddled and tinkered with all sorts of ways and means by which they might eventually find an acceptable solution to this misadventure. It hasn't worked and the best solution is starkly obvious - just look for the best deal in town and every alternative suggested since the referendum has failed to offer anything nearly as good as the status quo.

The way forward for the British people is, as you have suggested, to cancel 'Brexit'. It also happens to be the best for Europe too.

Tom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
TM talks about extending the transitions 'for a few months' on BBC1 just now.

Of course it does not solve the NI square peg and round hole problem until there is a fresh GE.

Reactions: robdon and oyster

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
LET’S SUBJUGATE IRELAND AGAIN

If you’ve occupied Planet Leave too long and not realised that it’s ruled by delusional morons who should have been politically sectioned to a Never-To-Be-Heard-Or-Seen-Again LaLaLand, ultra-Brexit fanatic Kate Hoey pops up to remind you that idiocy is not a preclusion to elected office.

Think I'm kidding? Read on………

upload_2018-10-18_8-58-58.png

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
TM talks about extending the transitions 'for a few months' on BBC1 just now.

Of course it does not solve the NI square peg and round hole problem until there is a fresh GE.
how does a fresh GE solve the problem. It would still exist, so all you can mean is that the vote of millions of people would become irrelevant and Brexit cancelled. Or is that a wrong interpretation

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
how does a fresh GE solve the problem.
the problem is parliamentary arithmetic whatever the deal. To solve that, we need a new GE.
The question of a second referendum will be prominent in a fresh general election - polls say that not just Labour voters would want Labour to support a second referendum, a lot of tory voters would too.
If Labour wins then they will either get a better deal (customs union) that would win in the HoC or offer a second referendum if they think brexit is likely to be reversed by a clear margin (60/40)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
how does a fresh GE solve the problem. It would still exist, so all you can mean is that the vote of millions of people would become irrelevant and Brexit cancelled. Or is that a wrong interpretation
Haven't you realised yet?
The votes for and against Brexit have been irrelevent from day one !
All that is relevent is protecting offshore Tax Havens
For goodness sake wise up to the reality of the situation
Your vote to leave achieved nothing you desired, just trouble then, now, and in future.

Brexit will happen almost certainly

That it will not be what you imagined you were voting for, should have penetrated even the densest individual by now.
For how can you have any faith in the Clowns we have allegedly negotiating on your behalf (they are not negotiating on mine by the way and can and will achieve nothing whatsoever I agree with)

The only winners will be
Those with offshore Tax Haven assets
The EU
Vladimir Putin.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

If you’ve occupied Planet Leave too long and not realised that it’s ruled by delusional morons who should have been politically sectioned to a Never-To-Be-Heard-Or-Seen-Again LaLaLand, ultra-Brexit fanatic Kate Hoey pops up to remind you that idiocy is not a preclusion to elected office.

View attachment 27289

Tom
She's Irish of course. Never understood why the Vauxhall electorate keep voting her back in.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I’m just watching May on Sky news. How does extending the transition period solve anything? We have a situation where a problem exists for which no solution has been identified. What does putting off reckoning day achieve? Reckoning day will still arrive.

This “putting off” tactic is a disease affecting Britain. I saw it happening regularly when I was working. Incompetent & clueless individuals endlessly talking decisions and necessary actions into oblivion because they lack the talent to act on a decision and motivate people to follow them. This is precisely what we are witnessing from the government. I hate it and all the BS is making me increasingly angry.

I really think we need another referendum because the Brexit landscape has changed beyond all recognition. Hopefully people will now see what a waste of useful blood and vital organs or parliament is. If we have another referendum, we all need to get behind the result, even if it’s not what we voted for.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How does extending the transition period solve anything?
it's just an increased bribe paid to the EU to maintain frictionless trade until Labour wins the next GE then brexit will be Labour's problem.
If Labour does not deliver 'real' brexit or reverse brexit, then the brexiteers can blame them and promise yet another referendum if they win the following GE.
brexit won't go away until either we have experienced some real brexit effects or the margin is better than 60/40.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As a certain Arthur Wellesely, who was born in Dublin and went to secondary school in Drogheda , used to say ... ,being born in a stable,does not make one a horse.
My reference to being Irish was in respect of her interest in Irish affairs, as shown above.

My lack of understanding why her electorate re-elect her isn't connected with that but with her performance and poor judgement in London affairs. Apart from other criticisms of her eccentric views, she's a rabid Brexiter, putting her at odds with both predominantly Remain London and her native Ireland.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

View attachment 27289

Tom
Why stop at the Irish border?

Let the whole EU join the UK. The United Kingdom of Great Britain, both bits of Ireland and the rest of the EU. Sounds good, doesn't it?

(Does it solve Gibraltar as well?)

Otherwise we will become the Untied [sic] Kingdom of Great Britain.

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Otherwise we will become the Untied [sic] Kingdom of Great Britain.
The best solution has long been getting rid of the Irish political connection, thus doing away with the peculiarity of the United Kingdom, leaving the rest back as Great Britain

If the Scots then vote for independence eventually that will get rid of the always incorrect Great, leaving us back as Britain, a federation of England and Wales.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I’m just watching May on Sky news. How does extending the transition period solve anything? We have a situation where a problem exists for which no solution has been identified. What does putting off reckoning day achieve? Reckoning day will still arrive.

This “putting off” tactic is a disease affecting Britain. I saw it happening regularly when I was working. Incompetent & clueless individuals endlessly talking decisions and necessary actions into oblivion because they lack the talent to act on a decision and motivate people to follow them. This is precisely what we are witnessing from the government. I hate it and all the BS is making me increasingly angry.

I really think we need another referendum because the Brexit landscape has changed beyond all recognition. Hopefully people will now see what a waste of useful blood and vital organs or parliament is. If we have another referendum, we all need to get behind the result, even if it’s not what we voted for.
To Hell with that! when a thing is plainly an insane idea a mass vote doesn't turn it into a good one.
Thats like saying
Eat Human Faeces on the basis that millions of house flies can't be wrong
However, I agree with the main part of your post.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The best solutionj has long been getting rid of the Irish political connection, thus doing away with the peculiarity of the United Kingdom, leaving the rest back as Great Britain

If the Scots then vote for independence eventually that will get rid of the always incorrect Great, leaving us back as Britain, a federation of England and Wales.
And we rebuild Hadrian's wall, bung up the tunnel and mine the Irish sea, relax have a cup of tea safe from all those nasty people who didn't understand the greatness of it all...

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The best solutionj has long been getting rid of the Irish political connection, thus doing away with the peculiarity of the United Kingdom, leaving the rest back as Great Britain

Is Great not pefectly acceptable for the largest of the British Isles? That is, as a purely physical geography term.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Does anyone know why all the Tory prime ministers are so frightened of the ERG (Rees-Mogg and Co). Cameron only called the referendum because of pressure from this right wing group,he hoped it would eliminate them but what happened was they expanded into the electorate.
Theresa May also seems fearful of them.
I just dont know why she just doesn't make up her own mind,she must see that the only way forward is to stay in a form of the single market and customs union and ignore the ERG. They wont win a leadership no confidence vote ,I am sure the rest of the Tories will support her.
Also such a deal would be supported by many labour voters.
I am becoming sick of Brexit,it appears to be going nowhere,the last thing we want is an extension to the integration period....that will just delay the inevitable at a cost of £10 bn. An expensive way of May staying in office for another year!!!
KudosDave

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Does anyone know why all the Tory prime ministers are so frightened of the ERG (Rees-Mogg and Co).
3 out of 4 tory members support their policy 'make GB strong again' through tax cuts, partial privatisation of the NHS, slim down the benefit system and of course deregulation for small businesses.
If you have a proper leadership constest, JRM or BJ would win if it comes to members vote.

Advertisers