May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
TM made the announcement on BBC News:
cabinet backed TM's plan.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What staggers me is that a special situation has been negotiated that grants advantages to Northern Ireland, without anyone even for a moment thinking of how this will be received in Scotland and Wales?
It doesn't bode well for how much thought went into the rest of the 500 pages does it?

And the other questions are
  1. How many of those present in the cabinet meeting is a Speed Reader that actually read the whole of it?
  2. How many actually understood all or any of it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I bow to your clairvoyance OG:D

Tom
Many thanks, and here is something very interesting
Watch the video, May's lips were so far out of synch with the voice that at the end of the speech she closed her mouth and continued speaking!

And this was supposed to be a live broadcast!

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Who were the noisy ones off-camera? I couldn't make out from the snippet fed through the Guardian.
I only saw the BBC clip of TM in front of No 10.
Apparently, civil servants are told not to include the DUP in their email distribution list. Maybe they want another bung and TM said no.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I bow to your clairvoyance OG:D

Tom
To misquote Darth Vader

"I felt a disturbance in the Farce":cool:

And that I think qualifies as my thought for the Day

What happened this afternoon is reminiscent of the following.

Shades of Margaret Thatcher at a dinner with the Cabinet where she was asked which Meat dish she would like, made a choice and was then asked "and the vegetables, Madam?"

And famously replied "They'll have the same too!" :D

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
TM has got the backing of her cabinet.
Next step: would the ERG start a motion of no confidence?
I don't think they would.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And who will will resign tomorrow?
After all you may be able to get vegetables to agree, but they have a very poor attention span.:cool:

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
And Trump somehow forgot the impact of the Soviet Union on WWII. Obviously we do not know what would have happened without direct USA involvement, but I would not be at all surprised if instead of stopping, more or less, at Berlin, they might have carried on to Paris.

Trump taunts Macron over European army with world war jibe: 'They were learning German in Paris before US came along'

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And Trump somehow forgot the impact of the Soviet Union on WWII. Obviously we do not know what would have happened without direct USA involvement, but I would be at all surprised if instead of stopping, more or less, at Berlin, they might have carried on to Paris.

Trump taunts Macron over European army with world war jibe: 'They were learning German in Paris before US came along'
Macron should have replied unless the USA improves on it's previously appalling performance of galloping to the rescue several years too late every time, there's a war, and only then when it thinks it won't be able to get the money back it loaned to it's allies to profit from the arms it sold them don't bother coming!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fascinating! have just speed read the first 100 pages and naturally only achieved a "gloss"on the contents, but what screams out at you is that it will be every bit as complicated to disconnect ourselves at the end of the transition period as I expected, taking us back literally to square one.
There are two reasons for this
  1. It is written to make that pretty damn near certain
  2. The EU know that our Government will not take the necessary steps to be ready when the time comes.
Control has indeed been taken back, but not by us.

And another little detail
Where in the Referendum did it say we would be leaving this?
The European Atomic Energy Community?

Last edited:

Advertisers