Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
one possible solution for faster than light travel is to use 'stargate' devices.
Consider what sub-atomic particles are made of. They are excitations of various space quantum fields such as the Hick field.
So if the stargate device re-creates the Hick field at the destination from the pattern of the Hick field at the origin, you in fact have faster than light travel.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
The nearest earth like planet, Proxima B is 4 lightyears away.
There is no hope for human to travel there and back.
We may send a device but not humans.
Faster than light communications may be possible one day but not sending a breathing human at faster than light speed.
When we think and talk about other life forms it usually conjures up a vision of small creatures with large heads because of the equally large brain contained within, no ears as they won't be needed and no hair so slapheads are ahead of their time.
Extra-terrestrial life could take on many forms and exist in many places, not just an Earth like planet.
I used to be into Astronomy big time many years ago but my interest drifted to Exobiology main through studying the writings of the late Carl Sagan and others . Life on other worlds is imv extensive probably existing in numerous forms, we evolved the way we are by pure coincidence as all life forms would and I believe have.
There is a theory going around the scientific world that life only began here on Earth because it arrived from another world, possibly through a meteorite intervention.

Woosh did you mean to write Higgs Field as in Higgs Boson ?

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes, the Hick boson is experimentally confirmed so we can build on that.
We know that we can assemble DNA molecules by machines and the molecules will self re-produce. So we can create life from patterns.
We also are close to understand memory, I assume we should be able to upload ourselves into a memory device one day.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
So your evidence is:

a) It’s well known.

b) A book.

Please take my advice and stop, I’m starting to feel sorry for you and that will never do.
Since I had to cycle back across the city of Dublin 2 hrs after these Bombs, ..and going very close to where they had gone off,.. not being sure whether there was going to be more on other roads.. such things were known to happen..It is not hearsay. So cop on.
Your advice is as valuable as your surname.

Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It is extremely well known, . And no I do not have their names, nor do I have the name of the assassin of Pat. Finuchane , which incidentally had a public inquiry REFUSED last week. .. You see you have this odd piece of legislation called the Defense of the Realm Act , and it includes a document called the Official Secrets Act. , so that dirty secrets get filed away, for 100 years, .
There is a book called the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings, a copy of which I once had. in that the operatives within the UVF are identified, and reference made to their handlers . the British state were well aware of this book, and curiously never bothered to defend themselves from what would be considered as libel .. .
Just in case the circumstances of the Dublin Bombings escape you, .. the Irish parliament our Dail, had brought in an Emergency Powers Act , allowing the state to remove Habeus Corpus. , for specific acts. It was of limited duration only. when it was coming up for renewal, or cancellation, . The Taoiseach, a higher moral and scrupulous lawyer, considered it an affront,on the grounds that trial s were the way to deal with crime, including political crime. This was known to the British Embassy, so in the HOUR before the vote was to be taken, and the Act repealed, there was a COORDINATED set of bombs in Dublin , Dundalk and monaghan, with the greatest single fatalities , up to the Enniskillen bombing 20 years later. of course the Taoiseach, did not repeal the legislation the hour later.
So cutting through all of the above waffle its just Hearsay, or Rumour, or a republican/sinnfein narrative to bad-mouth the Brits, nothing whatsoever that would stand up in a Court of Law.
[/QUOTE]
Which perhaps is why the British Crown never took a libel action against any of the newspaper reports, and the book ..You see they would be REQUIRED to refute the allegations. The salient fact was that the UVF were not competent to handle explosives at that time, let alone synchronise them in multiple locations. They needed professional assistance . We had 30 years of a dirty war war here, ..and British Army operatives were part of it. Methods of dealing with the Miners in England in the 1980s were practiced earlier here in the 1970s .

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Which perhaps is why the British Crown never took a libel action against any of the newspaper reports, and the book ..You see they would be REQUIRED to refute the allegations. The salient fact was that the UVF were not competent to handle explosives at that time, let alone synchronise them in multiple locations. They needed professional assistance . We had 30 years of a dirty war war here, ..and British Army operatives were part of it. Methods of dealing with the Miners in England in the 1980s were practiced earlier here in the 1970s .
I understand your suspicion Danidl and circumstances conspire to back up your thoughts. However, none of it has been tested in a court and no one has been prosecuted, so you can’t present British Army officers being complicit in civilian bombings in Ireland as fact.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
When we think and talk about other life forms it usually conjures up a vision of small creatures with large heads because of the equally large brain contained within, no ears as they won't be needed and no hair so slapheads are ahead of their time.
Extra-terrestrial life could take on many forms and exist in many places, not just an Earth like planet.
I used to be into Astronomy big time many years ago but my interest drifted to Exobiology main through studying the writings of the late Carl Sagan and others . Life on other worlds is imv extensive probably existing in numerous forms, we evolved the way we are by pure coincidence as all life forms would and I believe have.
There is a theory going around the scientific world that life only began here on Earth because it arrived from another world, possibly through a meteorite intervention.

Woosh did you mean to write Higgs Field as in Higgs Boson ?
Life was created on Earth as a result of God’s say so.

I don’t think we like to think of ourselves alone, adrift, vulnerable in the infinite universe. But that’s the deal.

• Disagree
Reactions: daveboy and flecc

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Faster than light communications may be possible one day but not sending a breathing human at faster than light speed.
You may be able to send one ... just not to receive one at the other end.

Reactions: Woosh

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
All so utterly predictable. To the extent it was widely predicted.

Brexit: Northern Ireland firms will have to fill out forms to send goods to Britain
Boris Johnson makes climbdown a year after saying companies could throw paperwork in the bin​
Businesses in Northern Ireland will be required to fill out Brexit paperwork when sending their goods across the Irish Sea to Britain, Boris Johnson has conceded, a year after he told them they could put export forms in the bin.​

His phone might become rather busy:

Johnson said any business asked to fill in such paperwork should telephone him “and I will direct them to throw that form in the bin”, he told them in an exchange caught on video.​

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc and Nev

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine appears to have caused two cases of allergic reaction.

Not surprising that there might be some, but it is not good news. Hopefully only a few cases.

1h ago 10:02
Prof Stephen Powis, national medical director for the NHS in England, has issued this statement about the advice that people with a significant history of allergic reaction should not get the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, the one that the NHS started administering yesterday. Powis said:
As is common with new vaccines the MHRA have advised on a precautionary basis that people with a significant history of allergic reactions do not receive this vaccination after two people with a history of significant allergic reactions responded adversely yesterday. Both are recovering well.
1h ago 09:59
In the committee hearing Dr June Raine, the chief executive of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, has just mentioned the issue with the Pfizer vaccine generating a reaction in two people with significant allergies. (See 9.50am.) She said:
Even last evening we were looking at two case reports of allergic reactions. We know from the very extensive clinical trials that this wasn’t a feature, that if we need to strengthen our advice now that we’ve had this experience in the vulnerable populations - the groups have been selected as a priority - we get that advice to the field immediately.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Honda has had to shut down production due to parts delivery problems. This is due to delays at ports.

There is no way that company is going to stay in the U.K. Toyota will go too. Even billionaire Brexit backer Jim Ratcliffe has pulled out of the U.K. and chosen to locate his new factory in France instead.

I must say, the problems at the ports surprises me. They are paying Chris Grayling £100K a year for a few hours of his expertise, foresight and business acumen. How could it go so wrong with such a heavy weight guiding them?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So if the stargate device re-creates the Hick field at the destination from the pattern of the Hick field at the origin, you in fact have faster than light travel.
But not human biologically alive.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine appears to have caused two cases of allergic reaction.

Not surprising that there might be some, but it is not good news. Hopefully only a few cases.

Prof Stephen Powis, national medical director for the NHS in England, has issued this statement about the advice that people with a significant history of allergic reaction should not get the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, the one that the NHS started administering yesterday. Powis said:

In the committee hearing Dr June Raine, the chief executive of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, has just mentioned the issue with the Pfizer vaccine generating a reaction in two people with significant allergies. (See 9.50am.) She said:

Even last evening we were looking at two case reports of allergic reactions. We know from the very extensive clinical trials that this wasn’t a feature, that if we need to strengthen our advice now that we’ve had this experience in the vulnerable populations - the groups have been selected as a priority - we get that advice to the field immediately.
That was and is inevitable. There are people allergic to everything. It doesn't mean that the British were wrong in releasing the vaccine. It is probable that the Oxford one will affect different people, so in time a mix and match strategy will be adopted. Going back 60 years, I remember the tests for the BCG and that people were looking to see if they would take or react..I don't recall whether getting blisters was a good or bad outcome.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

I believe both cases involved people who had a history of severe allergic reaction. Both carried those adrenaline injection pens.

I still think MPs should be rolling up their sleeves this week and get themselves back inside the HoC by the end of January. Leadership is vital right now and the first rule of leadership is to never ever ask someone to do something which you are not prepared to do yourself. We need this to maximise vaccine take up.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Honda has had to shut down production due to parts delivery problems. This is due to delays at ports.

There is no way that company is going to stay in the U.K. Toyota will go too. Even billionaire Brexit backer Jim Ratcliffe has pulled out of the U.K. and chosen to locate his new factory in France instead.

I must say, the problems at the ports surprises me. They are paying Chris Grayling £100K a year for a few hours of his expertise, foresight and business acumen. How could it go so wrong with such a heavy weight guiding them?
We have already seen Toyota say they will not manufacture an electric vehicle in the UK before 2034. (That is, apparently, about two 7-year cycles of models replacement away.)

As I see it, if they haven't done so even one year before petrol and diesel new vehicles get banned, even if there is a let out for hybrids, I can't see them ever doing so.

Grayling probably assured everyone that we have capacity at ports with no docks. Docks with no cranes. Container stores with no HGV access. And customs miles down the road in a field that has no toilets. Nor customs officers.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We also are close to understand memory
If only that were true. Our so called memory experts still insist there is no such thing as an eidetic memory, despite an abundance of evidence that they are wrong, including my lifetime of embarrassing so many people with mine.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I understand your suspicion Danidl and circumstances conspire to back up your thoughts. However, none of it has been tested in a court and no one has been prosecuted, so you can’t present British Army officers being complicit in civilian bombings in Ireland as fact.
The Auckland bombing of the Rainbow Warrior was never tested in a Court, but we all know the French military did it. The murder in Iran last week of a physicist, was either the work of Isreal or the USA, but it will never appear in court, The missile destruction of the civilian airline over the Ukraine,was the work of the Russians, but will never see the inside of a court. The poisoning in Salisbury ,the polonium poisoning in London will not see inside of court rooms either...

Advertisers