Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
They need to be hammered for this, it can only become a brilliant vaccine roll out when completed with BOTH doses.

Until then the single doses are only a temporary precaution to take pressure from the NHS.

The logistics of administering the second doses of several different vaccines to all one dose recipients in the required time frames will be very difficult and I'm expecting many slip ups. After all, they messed up the first dose for many as my own case showed, so it's only when they've shown they can successfully administer the second jabs on time that I'll accept it's a success.
Nice to see an optimistic outlook :D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Fascinating, What happened to twelve weeks then? and here we are, nine weeks gone and no word (remember we were told to wait to be advised)
So much for faultless
JHC is right on one thing, book online is quicker.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
JHC is right on one thing, book online is quicker.
Booking online is quicker. I did it as soon as my age group became eligible on Saturday. Got a letter yesterday and text from GP today inviting me for vaccination. Online has saved at least six days.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nice to see an optimistic outlook :D
When one's own first jab delivery has been messed up and one learns since that this applied to a few hundred in one's area alone, it's not easy to be confident that a far more difficult exercise will be any better.

But regardless of that, no film should be made about a successful vaccine delivery until the delivery is completed, and that is only after the full dosage.

If you ordered two items from a supplier, would you accept the order was complete after receiving one of them?

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
When one's own first jab delivery has been messed up and one learns since that this applied to a few hundred in one's area alone, it's not easy to be confident that a far more difficult exercise will be any better.

But regardless of that, no film should be made about a successful vaccine delivery until the delivery is completed, and that is only after the full dosage.

If you ordered two items from a supplier, would you accept the order was complete after receiving one of them?
I agree regarding the film, it’s a hideous obscenity. The success, so far, of the vaccine rollout has nothing to do with the government, that’s why it’s going well.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The success, so far, of the vaccine rollout has nothing to do with the government, that’s why it’s going well.
Nadhim Zahawi is a lot more capable than Dido.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Booking online is quicker. I did it as soon as my age group became eligible on Saturday. Got a letter yesterday and text from GP today inviting me for vaccination. Online has saved at least six days.
I'd already received a letter saying I was at very high risk and could book online, but that was just after I already had the first jab. Checking that route now it says it's for booking both jabs at the same time, so that is obviously out.

Nonetheless I tried it anyway to see if i could book just the second jab but the offers of places to get the jabs were much further away than the current local centre so I won't bother. I'll leave it until I get the local offer in 12 days/weeks/years/ever or whenever the government's film star medics now recommend.

• Informative

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nadhim Zahawi is a lot more capable than Dido.
If one discounts that he's one of the expense fiddlers, charging some £4000 for his riding stable to parliamentary expenses.

If one discounts that he's hidden his membership and post as chairman of the secretive transatlantic group Le Cercle.

If one discounts that he voted against a measure to force landlords to make homes they let fit for human habitation, being a landlord himself.

And if one discounts that he's an unrepentant Brexiter.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Danish Health agency suspends use of Covid jab but says no conclusive blood clot link has been established

I am keeping an open mind, so far as I can, on this.
In the circumstances more important to keep your blood vessels open.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Mmm. Perhaps.
Its actually a case of firms full filling orders to the people who placed them.
EU stepping in now is interfering with that process to their own ends.
EU were late out of blocks. They are trying to drag others back rather than run faster themselves.
Usual biased rubbish

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And so someone else has to wait... sound familiar?
:D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'd already received a letter saying I was at very high risk and could book online, but that was just after I already had the first jab. Checking that route now it says it's for booking both jabs at the same time, so that is obviously out.

Nonetheless I tried it anyway to see if i could book just the second jab but the offers of places to get the jabs were much further away than the current local centre so I won't bother. I'll leave it until I get the local offer in 12 days/weeks/years/ever or whenever the government's film star medics now recommend.
This is hilarious! contrary to the opinion of a couple on here, the best way to jump the Queue is..........
Place your order while the rest wait patiently:D

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If one discounts that he's one of the expense fiddlers, charging some £4000 for his riding stable to parliamentary expenses.

If one discounts that he's hidden his membership and post as chairman of the secretive transatlantic group Le Cercle.

If one discounts that he voted against a measure to force landlords to make homes they let fit for human habitation, being a landlord himself.

And if one discounts that he's an unrepentant Brexiter.
still, when he's on TV, compared to many other tory MPs, he does not look like a headless chicken or a rabbit caught in the headlights.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
still, when he's on TV, compared to many other tory MPs, he does not look like a headless chicken or a rabbit caught in the headlights.
He had lots of previous experience with the public in his last incarnation as Zoltar the penny arcade fortune teller

Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers