Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Like all royals Harry was taught silence and discretion from an early age, so as I've said above he should ignore the media as an irrelevance and help his wife to do the same. Queen Victoria's children, even the most rebellious, held the media in contempt with considerable success.

Spending money or using law to try to defeat the media is madness and makes matters worse.
Although having a debate/discourse (however compromised and narrative driven) about our corrupt, hypocritical culture is probably a good thing. If nothing else it makes for a happy change from dildoes with ears like farage convincing a bunch of jingoistic xenophobes they are special

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Like all royals Harry was taught silence and discretion from an early age, so as I've said above he should ignore the media as an irrelevance and help his wife to do the same.
Harry knew that for sure but as he said, the tabloids dragged his wife through mud and that did his head in. Did you see the headlines? they were cruel 'she came straight from Compton' (crimes ridden Los Angeles Compton) Factual perhaps but the insinuations will drive their victims insane. There are dozens like that. The tabloids knew very well that they could not be sued on those factual 'background research pieces' so the only angle is technical breach of copyright on some letters she wrote and she won.
If anyone did that to your wife because of your importance, would you just sit still and let her take it all by herself?
the tabloids dragged her through mud to make money and her new powerful family did nothing to help.
Why should that be justified?

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
the tabloids dragged her through mud to make money and her new powerful family did nothing to help.
Why should that be justified?
Of course it isn't justified, just as the way the media treat many ordinary people is also vile.

But the family can't do anything without making matters very much worse, nor can Harry.

Fight the media and the media always wins. Ignore and treat them with contempt and you win.

I grew up in a long ago world where every household read daily morning and often daily evening newspapers. I saw their true nature very early and from the early 1960s haven't bought them, finally abandoning one remaining London paper in 1972.

That makes them the losers, over half a century without my buying, and the huge decline in newspaper sales and titles and their struggle to survive shows I'm far from alone.

Harry was taught well as I've said, he just needs to follow what he once learnt and not try to defeat the media or blame his family, since doing either or both just makes matters worse. He must also help Meghan do that since she won't be familiar with not fighting back, growing up as she has in a matriarchal society where women usually call the shots.

Reactions: oldgroaner

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The whole thing is a media circus, they are in it to make money.
if more people take the tabloids to Court, perhaps there wouldn't be so many lives made miserable by them and families wrecked by them, all for money.
My daughter did a week work experience at LBC when she was a student in journalism.
They told her to go out and find a story to write about immigrants.
She came back, wrote a short piece about the plight of those she interviewed.
Her boss glanced at the piece and said to her no.. no.. go out again, people don't want to read about this stuff. Go and find other immigrants, or make up something...

Harry is my favourite royal.
Where Harry and Meghan live now, the local laws give them better protection than here in the UK.
Good luck Harry.

Last edited:
  • Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
A royal family, an inherited monarchy, are surely inherently racist?

If there is no-one in line for the throne from a minority race, no-one from another race can be crowned.

Royal family is 'very much not' racist, says Prince William
Hence my term .. clannish or clanist.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
if more people take the tabloids to Court, perhaps there wouldn't be so many lives made miserable by them and families wrecked by them, all for money.
What for, as you said yourself they were only reporting Meghan's background. The tabloids generally stick just close enough to the truth to avoid prosecution.

The Leveson Inquiry was set up to solve the problem, but as our discussion shows, it achieved nothing. The more pressure on the press, the more they win, just being gifted yet another story to report in a favourable light for themselves.

It's the price of a free media, the alternative being suppression Russian or Turkish style, choice between two evils.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

If there is no-one in line for the throne from a minority race, no-one from another race can be crowned.

The monarchy is by definition an artefact, symbol of colonialism, slave trade, oppression (including racial oppression). The only sensible thing they can do is to acknowledge this and abolish themselves. And if the principle of hereditary by birth isnt genetic selection/racism god knows what is.

Last edited:

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
The monarchy is by definition an artefact, symbol of colonialism, slave trade, oppression (including racial oppression). The only sensible thing they can do is to acknowledge this and abolish themselves. And if the principle of hereditary by birth isnt genetic selection/racism god knows what is.
You’ve really lost it now dude :D You need to take your head to be looked at. Someone needs to cast an eye over OG’s head too, so perhaps if you take his with you when you have yours looked at, you might get a discount for two. Got to be worth a try?

The British monarchy is magnificent, the Queen is magnificent. Both are admired and viewed with a tinge of envy by those nations unfortunate enough not to have one. God save the Queen. Only a few sad, irritable underachievers with empty lives think otherwise.

The British monarchy is a bit like a theme park these days. It’s past is irrelevant, it’s present is a tourist attraction, a bit of escapism from reality and the occasional bit of colour in our lives.

Now stop being a dick-head with all this slavery crap. That chapter was over more than 170 years ago. Everyone involved is dead. Find something more recent to blame for your own personal failures.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
I can agree with you on this.

I watched 'the Crown'. Is it it that you talked about?
I’ve seen the crown. It’s easy viewing. There’s no necessity to think.

The colour I was thinking about is all the pomp & ceremony. It’s similar to what I imagine a Disney park is like (never been to one and never will), only done more tastefully.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Surely regarding yourself superior to others and destined to rule because of your birth is setting yourself up as Ubermensh?
How racist can you get?

The time when Kings and Queens and the like only appear playing cards is long overdue.
If the Queen can't stop a corrupt government, the notion of ruling in her name is accepting that her only function
is to legitimise crime against the people
And that goes for the rest of the so called Royals too.
When the Queen goes, we should rid ourselves of all traces of titles and the cozy gravy train that goes with them, and remain what we all are, citizens not subjects

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
The British monarchy is a bit like a theme park these days. It’s past is irrelevant, it’s present is a tourist attraction, a bit of escapism from reality and the occasional bit of colour in our lives.
Isn't it the occasionalness of that colour which is at the heart of the current issue?

And even republics can manage a few blokes in fancy costumes on horses when they turn their mind to it:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I’ve seen the crown. It’s easy viewing. There’s no necessity to think.

The colour I was thinking about is all the pomp & ceremony. It’s similar to what I imagine a Disney park is like (never been to one and never will), only done more tastefully.
Bling de-luxe
Rather like the Royal State Coach
Though one can hardly call it tasteful
This for instance was the 1762 model

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You’ve really lost it now dude :D You need to take your head to be looked at. Someone needs to cast an eye over OG’s head too, so perhaps if you take his with you when you have yours looked at, you might get a discount for two. Got to be worth a try?

The British monarchy is magnificent, the Queen is magnificent. Both are admired and viewed with a tinge of envy by those nations unfortunate enough not to have one. God save the Queen. Only a few sad, irritable underachievers with empty lives think otherwise.

Now stop being a dick-head with all this slavery crap. That chapter was over more than 170 years ago. Everyone involved is dead. Find something more recent to blame for your own personal failures.
My goodness what an imagination you have , thank you for providing a jolly good laugh!

• :D
Reactions: Jesus H Christ

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

And meanwhile in the "real world" Manchester University is putting us all straight.
WTF..
World really has gone bonkers. Nobody can say owt... Somebody asks how dark some privileged sprog will be and world stops spinning. Fecking ridiculous.And, IMHO, it's the racists amongst us that see it as racist. Could be asked perfectly innocently, it's a normal question, who will kid look like, wonder what their hair colour will be, wonder what colour eyes, but don't ask what colour their skin will be. You are a racist. Bo!! ox.
Words banned
Mother, Father, OAP..
When will these educated folk realise it ain't the word, its the meaning behind it.
You can ban all the words you wish, won't change attitudes behind them.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

And meanwhile in the "real world" Manchester University is putting us all straight.
WTF..
World really has gone bonkers. Nobody can say owt... Somebody asks how dark some privileged sprog will be and world stops spinning. Fecking ridiculous.
Words banned
Mother, Father, OAP..
When will these educated folk realise it ain't the word, its the meaning behind it.
You can ban all the words you wish, won't change attitudes behind them.
Shame Allan Sherman isn't around to record the update...

Hello Muddah, hello Fadduh.
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Camp is very entertaining.
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Shame Allan Sherman isn't around to record the update...

Hello Muddah, hello Fadduh.
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Camp is very entertaining.
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining
I blame the education institutions. Wrong folk in control. Mates grand kids (they are about 16) were telling mate there are no longer 2 genders. Apparently there are 16..Its called indoctrination. Either follow our code or be an outcast. (Dont like Piers Morgan but it's happened there)
We have lost free speech. And it ain't the government's fault. Do gooders, misplaced liberalism, wokism, BLM, racism gone mad all driven by social media and education (for want of a better word)
It is a growing and dangerous type of Fascism,either follow their distorted view of the world or be pilloried. And Markel just knows how to play it and the system to her benefit. Say anything against her and she pulls the racist card out. Say you don't believe her and its the suicide one. Call her a liar and it's the abused female.
Thing is she ain't black, she isn't abused, she hasn't experienced racism. She is amongst most privileged people on earth. She is making a mug of all those campaigning on her behalf.
Yep, Royal family might be the product of a racist, elitist system but they aren't racist. Well no more than we all are.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I blame the education institutions. Wrong folk in control. Mates grand kids (they are about 16) were telling mate there are no longer 2 genders. Apparently there are 16..Its called indoctrination. Either follow our code or be an outcast. (Dont like Piers Morgan but it's happened there)
We have lost free speech. And it ain't the government's fault. Do gooders, misplaced liberalism, wokism, BLM, racism gone mad all driven by social media and education (for want of a better word)
And our answer?
Apparently Fascism, and blaming the people you just noted, is what they do to insinuate themselves into the public's attention.
And the simple minded fall for it
It worked before in the 1930's

They made the more gullible among the population see the the targets they provided as a threat, but
we were not so dumb back then in this country.

Alas this generation is not alert to them
Once they sold Brexit, the fascists knew they could make the public see the world any way they chose
Hence they remain popular.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Somebody asks how dark some privileged sprog will be and world stops spinning.
We tend to neglect specious use of words.
sprog: a young salmon or trout.
I don't buy into the racism claim concerning a senior member of the family but that claim should be seen from a different angle.
Why would someone calls Archie a sprog? Would that person call George, Louis and Charlotte sprogs too in the same sentence?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
We tend to neglect specious use of words.
I don't buy into the racism claim concerning a senior member of the family but that claim should be seen from a different angle.
Why would someone calls Archie a sprog? Would that person call George, Louis and Charlotte sprogs too in the same sentence?
Ask Johnson. He has a repertoire of words to use speciously. (I'll not repeat them.)

Advertisers