Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I think Jeremy Corbyn is a closet leave supporter. I get the impression that he has never been keen on the idea of the EU.
I suspect you might be right but surely that's not democracy. Even as a leaver I honestly think it should be a freevote.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Noticed report of quite an ironic tweet from political commentator Kim Kardashian...apparently according to stats she found muslim immigrants have been responsible for the sum total of 2 American deaths.
I do think we should keep our noses out of other countries politics but we,ve reached a new level when Kim Kardashian seems to find more objectivity than president of USA ???
I,m hopinng he,s just making waves, new broom and all that..whilst he,s upsetting KK he ain't newking China..
His action encourages political debate which is a good thing.

Here is a recap of how ridiculously over the top it is:

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Without getting into personal opinions surrounding what Trump is doing, he made certain pledges and promised before being elected. He then went on to win the US presidential election, presumably because voters supported his views.

He now faces two choices. He can either carry out what he promised to do, or he can break his promises. I suspect that a similar level of criticism will be sent his way regardless of what he does.

The fact is, he has been voted into office and he is wasting no time in carrying out his stated intentions.
The fact is
He looks like an idiot
He acts like an idiot
But don't let that fool you
He really is an idiot
(Groucho Marx)
And so is Anyone who excuses his actions
Don't be one of them tillson
He came second on number of votes cast remember, why did he get elected?
Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Might be an odd question from a leaver , but considering the close vote of the referendum why on earth is Corbyn insisting his MPs vote for invoking art 50 ?
If I were a remainer I,d be perplexed...at least...seems a strange interpretation of democracy.
Agreed
But you aren't actually a "leave" voter are you, as you didn't?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Mr Trump is crude but I'd say, he has cojones.
I reckon the US Justice Department will sort out the mess in a few days. Nobody has the answer to how to maintain the free movement of people in a world where terrorism has the potential to strike in any place.
Let him try extreme vetting for a week or two.
Shame they are between his ears

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The fact is
He looks like an idiot
He acts like an idiot
But don't let that fool you
He really is an idiot
(Groucho Marx)
And so is Anyone who excuses his actions
Don't be one of them tillson
He came second on number of votes cast remember, why did he get elected?
He was elected because that is the way their voting system works. You could say the same about the SNP in this country. They received a much smaller number of the actual votes cast compared to UKIP and the Lib Dems, but have more MPs.

The fact is, Trump said at the outset, elect me and I will do X, Y and Z. They did elect him and now he is doing X, Y and Z. You would criticise him if he didn't do those things, then claiming that he had lied in order to get elected and conned the voters. You also criticise him for carrying out his election pledges.

I'm not saying if he is right or wrong, but your approach to him is self contradictory and ridiculous. I will be interested to see what sort of reception he receives in the UK on his state visit.

His personal appearance isn't relevant.

• Disagree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

there's a strong case that the best plan would be to Ban Americans from ever returning home after going abroad, and only let Muslims in if those statistics are accurate!
o_O

• :D
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
He was elected because that is the way their voting system works. You could say the same about the SNP in this country. They received a much smaller number of the actual votes cast compared to UKIP and the Lib Dems, but have more MPs.

The fact is, Trump said at the outset, elect me and I will do X, Y and Z. They did elect him and now he is doing X, Y and Z. You would criticise him if he didn't do those things, then claiming that he had lied in order to get elected and conned the voters. You also criticise him for carrying out his election pledges.

I'm not saying if he is right or wrong, but your approach to him is self contradictory and ridiculous. I will be interested to see what sort of reception he receives in the UK on his state visit.

His personal appearance isn't relevant.
You said this
"your approach to him is self contradictory and ridiculous. "
No tillson it is not; the man is a dangerous deluded loose cannon.

Why have you mentioned his appearance? I was referring to the way he presents himself, his mannerisms and reactions, not that hair do!

He is clearly another loud mouthed narcissist, and you are merely proving that for some reason you have developed a sympathy for right wing politics no matter how foolish and dangerous they are.

Compulsive Gambling is a dangerous pursuit, yet you admire it.
What it does prove is that it is possible there as here, to fool enough people to make dangerous demagogues gain power, where they can do great harm to their own people.

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I suspect you might be right but surely that's not democracy. Even as a leaver I honestly think it should be a freevote.
I think Labour should have positioned themselves as the opposition to BREXIT more assertively. I've never understood who they are and what they represent. I don't think they know.

My main income comes via a wage which is earned by working for a company, so I really should be a Labour voter. I find it impossible to do so because between 1997 and 2010, they were the enemy of the working person and I don't think very much has changed.

Returning to the free vote proposal, it would be more democratic.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think Labour should have positioned themselves as the opposition to BREXIT more assertively. I've never understood who they are and what they represent. I don't think they know.

My main income comes via a wage which is earned by working for a company, so I really should be a Labour voter. I find it impossible to do so because between 1997 and 2010, they were the enemy of the working person and I don't think very much has changed.

Returning to the free vote proposal, it would be more democratic.
I absolutely agree with you!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
You said this
"your approach to him is self contradictory and ridiculous. "
No tillson it is not; the man is a dangerous deluded loose cannon.

Why have you mentioned his appearance? I was referring to the way he presents himself, his mannerisms and reactions, not that hair do!

He is clearly another loud mouthed narcissist, and you are merely proving that for some reason you have developed a sympathy for right wing politics no matter how foolish and dangerous they are.

Compulsive Gambling is a dangerous pursuit, yet you admire it.
What it does prove is that it is possible there as here, to fool enough people to make dangerous demagogues gain power, where they can do great harm to their own people.

I think what it proves is that the electorate feel so let down, ignored and trampled on by the inadequate cretins who populate traditional mainstream politics, that they will vote for a radical alternative.

• Agree
Reactions: Croxden and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think what it proves is that the electorate feel so let down, ignored and trampled on by the inadequate cretins who populate traditional mainstream politics, that they will vote for a radical alternative.
Once again I agree. absolutely correct!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008

That's interesting. Am I correct in thinking that these are averages for the past 10 years and therefore doesn't include 9/11? But I suppose if we did include 9/11 it would still be less deadly than beds and busses.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That's interesting. Am I correct in thinking that these are averages for the past 10 years and therefore doesn't include 9/11? But I suppose if we did include 9/11 it would still be less deadly than beds and busses.
Less deadly than being shot by other Americans.

The heaping of all Muslims into one uniform group is a huge mistake. If you look at the Middle East a whole heap of problems are caused by fighting between two major branches of the religion. What happened when Protestants and Catholics didn't get along? Isn't part of the UK prone to open violence between two branches of Christianity?

The tiny sect that the Saud family used to take power in Saudi Arabia, now there is a branch of Islam that the world would be better off without. But they can travel to the the US so the whole thing is nothing more than another Trump fraud. He really is the best con man we have seen in quite some time. Tiny, tiny hands. Big mouth, Huge mouth...

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Might be an odd question from a leaver , but considering the close vote of the referendum why on earth is Corbyn insisting his MPs vote for invoking art 50 ?
If I were a remainer I,d be perplexed...at least...seems a strange interpretation of democracy.
Because,Labour has MP's in constituencies which are both high proportion Leavers or high proportion Remainers. He has calculated that he has to appease the Leave vote or lose votes to UKIP and this is more important than losing votes in the high Remain areas.
Also he can easier give that direction under the 'will of the people' than the opposite. He hopes that by amendments he can satisfy the Remain vote.
It is a calculated position but personally I think he would have been better to have allowed a free vote.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Noticed report of quite an ironic tweet from political commentator Kim Kardashian...apparently according to stats she found muslim immigrants have been responsible for the sum total of 2 American deaths.
I do think we should keep our noses out of other countries politics but we,ve reached a new level when Kim Kardashian seems to find more objectivity than president of USA ???
I,m hopinng he,s just making waves, new broom and all that..whilst he,s upsetting KK he ain't newking China..
And internal gun crime deaths is 11,700,but I bet Trump wouldn't dare trying to reduce gun ownership in the US,that would make things safer......the 'right to carry arms' in the constitution,by the gun lobby....I have a US supplier at which one of the sales guys,who in all honesty is a bit of a loner,he has an arsenal that could start a war!
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Not to mention having guns around the place!
What other nation manages to take almost 12,000 fatal casualties in ten years from Friendly Fire?
And I Imagine there will also be the odd couple of dozen who only had a little daylight drilled though various body parts too?
Oh yes, that figure would be interesting, and one wonders how many the US Police "Ventilated" in the cause of duty in that time?
Some were undoubtedly justified, but there's a big question mark over far too many cases.
And then the response can see a little strange, after one deserving villain was shot the attitude of the Coroner was shall we say not too sympathetic!

"The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied "when you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

Undeniably true as the precision required to perforate the human body 68 times without hitting something vital would be remarkable!
About the only way that could be accomplished would be to have the victim nailed down and employ the skills of a Tattoo artist! :eek:

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The claim Trump didn't win vote is a spurious argument. It happens here, can happen anywhere with regional voting, unless you have proportional representation.
But he is a,worrying leader..

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers