Brexit, for once some facts.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
i had to go for a impression yesterday for a crown to be fitted and a temp filler until it was made and fooked up both 3 times fkn 2.45hrs later i managed to escape lol.
I've never had a crown successfully fitted... dentist blamed nicotine/smoking reducing bone density/tooth strength. They do it for the crack.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
mine does what i tell them to do ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It wouldn't worry me in this modern age since both still have free choice. The eldest can choose to abdicate in favour of the younger as Edward VIII did in favour of his brother Albert, who chose to accept and be called King George VI.
William's future inheritance may be in jeopardy.
The institution that is the present monarchy relies on protestantism, older citizens and the right wing press to survive.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
William's future inheritance may be in jeopardy.
The institution that is the present monarchy relies on protestantism, older citizens and the right wing press to survive.
Indeed, I don't see Charles as ever being a popular king for anyone. And as for William, he is in serious need of a personality transplant. A dull looking zombie, he's simply cloning Charles's environmental obsessions with his Earthshot campaign, which is about as inspiring to the general public as a gas bill.

Reactions: tillson and Woosh

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A very silly article by an ignorant man.

He doesn't seem to realise that a number of manufacturers have announced they are going to cease IC car production well before the deadline, thus showing how well prepared they are. Two major manufacturers have said during 2025, five years before the deadline

And another person raising the queue of Teslas waiting to charge at Christmas. Similar happens with everything when the majority want to do the same thing at the same time. Try going to the January sales expecting to avoid crowds. Try driving to Epsom for Derby Day without suffering a massive traffic jam. What did they expect at a remote spot like Gretna, the chumps?

We will not be scrapping the deadline for new ic car sales, since the supply of e-cars by 2030 will easily meet the reduced demand due to their much higher prices. All that will happen is that the existing ic cars will be kept much longer to avoid the changeover cost.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
A very silly article by an ignorant man.

He doesn't seem to realise that a number of manufacturers have announced they are going to cease IC car production well before the deadline, thus showing how well prepared they are. Two major manufacturers have said during 2025, five years before the deadline

And another person raising the queue of Teslas waiting to charge at Christmas. Similar happens with everything when the majority want to do the same thing at the same time. Try going to the January sales expecting to avoid crowds. Try driving to Epsom for Derby Day without suffering a massive traffic jam. What did they expect at a remote spot like Gretna, the chumps?

We will not be scrapping the deadline for new ic car sales, since the supply of e-cars by 2030 will easily meet the reduced demand due to their much higher prices. All that will happen is that the existing ic cars will be kept much longer to avoid the changeover cost.
I thought you, d like the article.
Not sure if you are talking about Jaguar/Land Rover but they aren't building ICE after 2025.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not sure if you are talking about Jaguar/Land Rover but they aren't building ICE after 2025.
Indeed, Volvo are saying the same too, and others are announcing termination years between 2025 and 2030.

I foresee a very poor choice of ic cars in 2029, so buyers shouldn't leave a last chance buy too late.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here's a map of chargers available to Teslas showing Gretna and it's one charger location arrowed in yellow. Any e-car driver should do their homework when embarking on a trip to a remote place at peak travel times. Doing that would mean they could have used any of th alternatives part way there and part way back.

For exampe, Newcastle upon Tyne to the right is 71 miles away, from which it can be seen that there's a number of purple rapid charge points within 30 to 80 miles of Gretna, easy for a Tesla. Click map to enlarge:

Gretna.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Indeed, Volvo are saying the same too, and others are announcing termination years between 2025 and 2030.

I foresee a very poor choice of ic cars in 2029, so buyers shouldn't leave a last chance buy too late.
The second hand ICE market is going to be chaotic. Think prices for a while will be
inflated but could then plummet. (suspect it depends on infrastructure for IC,as EVs and charging points rise our current fuel stations must at some point suffer.)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The second hand ICE market is going to be chaotic. Think prices for a while will be
inflated but could then plummet. (suspect it depends on infrastructure for IC,as EVs and charging points rise our current fuel stations must at some point suffer.)
I think it will be quite a long while before there's a big problem with finding an ic fuel station. Most of the reduction has already taken place as the operators closed the smaller outlets, concentrating on the larger ones with grocery and other outlets, meaning some 6,000 now from the original over 10,000. Also BP, Esso and in part Shell have followed a policy of adding rapid chargepoints to existing major ic fuel stations and they won't be closing those.

And e-car charge points are already not a problem for where the great majority of us live and travel. What is needed now is filling in the emptier, less densely occupied places with rapid charge points, like the hole between Gretna and Glasgow on my map above, though that is beginning to happen now.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
I think ICE and Electric will happily co exist for probably the next 15 years or so. Electric charging points will increase exponentially as the need is justified and ICE will reduce accordingly. But the time taken to fill an ICE car when compared to recharging an electric vehicle will mean the inconvenience will largely be in the eyes of the user. (And electric technology might mean todays fast chargers may appear archaic in 10 years time if super capacitor development takes us down that route.). I see lots of conflicting terminology regarding the ban. Some state IC engines are banned, others says Diesel/petrol will be banned. Which is it?

I would welcome a green sustainable alternative to Diesel/Petrol which would allow IC engines to continue (And be further developed) long into the future. (Think leaded/unleaded petrol. Older cars required modification (Valve seats etc) but could still function.

Porsche already have ideas. Others such as Audi also.

The biggest issue with Nett Zero is it's being driven by governments and not the technology. They have a very blinkered approach of ticking boxes which could/might (Who knows) actually not be the way technology should be taking us.

TTFN
John

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

they dont want you to have any car at all and will be priced so high and cost even more to run than ice cars with super charger prices even at todays prices.

replacing every ice car on the road is not going to happen as they cant make the batts fast enough for even 1 country let alone the hole world with ev.

corporations want to make less and charge lots more for them so most wont even have the option to buy a ev when it costs the same as a small house or a shed in london.

Oxfordshire County Council has issued a statement after an article went viral claiming the authority would implement a "climate lockdown" in 2024. The piece, published to a site called 'Watts Up With That', alleged that Oxfordshire residents would be locked "into one of six zones" via electronic gates.

im going to get my new car fkn gates lol.
T-90_Bhisma_cropped_01.JPG

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see lots of conflicting terminology regarding the ban. Some state IC engines are banned, others says Diesel/petrol will be banned. Which is it?
There's no confusion in the UK, sale of new ic only cars banned 2030 on, new ic hybrids banned 2035 on. There is no legal discrimination whether diesel or petrol.

Norway intends to be first in 2025 by banning all new ic cars but that's not in law yet. However, there ic car sales have dropped so much that the sales will be at zero long before and Hyundai have already stopped all IC sales there from this New Years Day.

snafu

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2020
Hall End, North |Warks
There's no confusion in the UK, sale of new ic only cars banned 2030 on, new ic hybrids banned 2035 on.

Norway intends to be first in 2025 by banning all new ic cars but that's not in law yet. However, there ic car sales have dropped so much that the sales will be at zero long before and Hyundai have already stopped all IC sales there from this New Years Day.
So that means all types of IC?

If so, it makes me wonder why companies are continuing to work on the development of green energy for IC engines.

Personally I'm still not convinced 100% electric is the way to go for all applications. If governments have already decided it is, then I guess it's what the world is stuck with. But I think the philosophy is detrimental to achieving the objective and might ultimately stifle development in other promising areas. .

TTFN
John.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

someone in the uk should buy one of these things but could you legally get it a mot license plate and insured ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So that means all types of IC?
No, just cars, though light vans and trucks are encouraged to go that way.

If so, it makes me wonder why companies are continuing to work on the development of green energy for IC engines.
There will still be potential for them in many different areas. The military can't expect convenient charging points as they advance into a country! Then there's farming, construction and remote mining machinery.

The current banning is only concerned with eliminating the worst polluting offender, ic cars, responsible for a huge proportionof all vehicle polution.

Advertisers