Brexit, for once some facts.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Come on guys,you know that Colin is expressing his own views and is entitled to do so,similarly I express my own views,the fact that I own the Kudos brand is not relevant.
At least we are both honest and declare our brand association.
I dont think Theresa May and Trump have yet killed off free speech but I am tempted to say she does exert some control,Trump would like to do so.
Dictators hate freedom of speech.
KudosDave
I'm not trying to kill anything off. It's just when I see the label thingy to the left, all I see is KTM in big orange letters. It is therefore reasonable to make an association to the KTM brand. I don't think Colin, I think KTM, the whole of KTM worldwide.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There is survival level and there is iPhone level, 56" flat screen level, every meal in Mc Donald's Level, 60 fags a day level, Alton towers Level etc. I think there is plenty of headroom between survival level where we are today.
Fantasy. For example, unemployment benefit, now called Jobseekers allowance, is a maximum of £73 for those over 25. (£57 below 25)

That has to pay for 20% of the rent/mortgage, all other bills, food and transport etc.

What's left couldn't begin to supply any one of the items in your listing. And you appear to forget that many who become unemployed would own an iphone or TV already paid for by their own efforts.

Perhaps unlike you, I have lived on unemployment pay level for two years, as an exercise to prove a point, so I'm posting from actual experience. It was just sufficient to survive, but certainly couldn't begin to match what you claim in any respect.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I'm not trying to kill anything off. It's just when I see the label thingy to the left, all I see is KTM in big orange letters. It is therefore reasonable to make an association to the KTM brand. I don't think Colin, I think KTM, the whole of KTM worldwide.
ok, but that's your mistake, as with most of this thread, I think many have a solution to problems in mind, but its not the right one.

In this case the solution is that you use your common sense and see that it clearly isn't KTM world wide posting on this forum, then you read and see under the logo it says KTM Bike Industries UK... and then in my signature it says FLi.

Do you need me to change the logo? or will you acknowledge the problem is your perception, not the actual facts. Now what does that remind me of ;)

Reactions: Wicky and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Are you going to send the "EU migrant not in work" home?
No need to send anybody home. They are at least economically active as consumers but I reckon a large percentage will leave if you cut their benefits.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Wives and children?
Very possibly.

If one of them does over 16 hours a week, the whole family have access to all in work benefits. After brexit, the rules may change for part-timers and can make working in the UK less attractive.
The point I try to make is the housing crisis may be over after brexit even though the number of EU citizens working in the UK will continue to rise by about 240,000 a year.

It is estimated that there are 3.5 millions EU citizens settled in the UK.
The 2.24 millions are those issued with NI numbers.
Where, and by whom?

This was last July's numbers.

The UK has a population of 63.7 million, of which 5.3 million (8%) are non-British, and just over half of those - 2.9 million (5%) - are from Europe.

A quick bit of google work and I think you might be getting your numbers mixed up.

3.5 million refers EU born in the UK between Q1 1993 and Q1 2016 using information from the LFS. In contrast to other charts discussed in this briefing, this data refers to stocks of EU nationals who live in the UK, rather than flows of new migrants.

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/eu-migration-to-and-from-the-uk/

Last edited:
  • Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If one of them does over 16 hours a week, the whole family have access to all in work benefits.
Not too likely in most cases. The culture in Eastern European countries tends to keep wives at home, especially when there's children. Also true in Germany where hardly any wives go out to work.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
In this case the solution is that you use your common sense and see that it clearly isn't KTM world wide posting on this forum, then you read and see under the logo it says KTM Bike Industries UK... and then in my signature it says FLi.

Do you need me to change the logo? or will you acknowledge the problem is your perception, not the actual facts. Now what does that remind me of ;)
I don't really care whether you change the logo or not, it makes no difference to me. However, I think the eye is drawn towards KTM which I assume is the most prominent feature by design, intended to create the impression that it is the KTM brand which is posting. FLi, whoever or whatever that may be, is hardly noticeable and I have no idea what it is or does.

• Disagree
Reactions: Wicky and robdon
I don't really care whether you change the logo or not, it makes no difference to me. However, I think the eye is drawn towards KTM which I assume is the most prominent feature by design, intended to create the impression that it is the KTM brand which is posting. FLi, whoever or whatever that may be, is hardly noticeable and I have no idea what it is or does.
think of FLi, like the EU ;) its the force behind lots of good things, that you don't know about.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
There is survival level and there is iPhone level, 56" flat screen level, every meal in Mc Donald's Level, 60 fags a day level, Alton towers Level etc. I think there is plenty of headroom between survival level where we are today.
If you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch the movie, 'I Daniel Blake'. It's not a very nice film but you might learn something about what living on benefit really means.

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
No need to send anybody home. They are at least economically active as consumers but I reckon a large percentage will leave if you cut their benefits.
Is that what you actually want? You would like to see the migrants in the UK forced to leave by treating them worse than other human beings.

What comes after that? Will it then be the turn of British passport holders who are out of work to be deported to Australia or somewhere?......or will it be the culling of the elderly...or the disabled?

Are you entirely bereft of any humanity?

Tom

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And yes thanks Tom for confirming Canary ran an article about Sweden being invaded by Martians...not even the Star would run that one.
It actually ran an article about Conspiracy theorists saying that but don't let the truth get in the way of a good lie, will you?
You are even more of a stranger to the truth than Trump is!
Do you really think that repeating your lies makes them look like the truth?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
This was last July's numbers.
ONS 2015

European Union citizens in the UK
6. According to the Office for National Statistics (ONS) Labour Force Survey estimates for 2015, there are 3.3 million EU citizens in the UK – 1.6 million from the EU14, 1.3 million from the EU8, 300,000 from Romania and Bulgaria and the remainder from the other EU countries of Malta, Cyprus and Croatia[5].

7. The ONS Labour market statistics estimate that of the EU born migrants in the UK, 2.1 million were working[6].

You should add about 200,000 EU immigrants for 2016.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
KTM
Have you checked with KTM / Cross Industries that your views are indicative / representative of the company you represent?
It is a public forum ??? Could be argued your opinions are alienating potential customers ? ( Vice versa they could agree and think its attracting them, but I wouldn't be impressed if I was Cross or owner of KTM) Not my business , only saying..
Well you've tried everything else, and it isn't your business is it? are you trying to prove you are an even bigger idiot that people think you are already?
This is a public forum, that's why as a member of the public we put up with you remember.
Do for once stick to the topic under discussion, or if you can only resort to making these personal attacks, go somewhere else to make a fool of yourself.
Who are you to question the validity of someone else to hold an opinion when it doesn't agree with whichever version of your opinion you are currently fielding?
You are taking up useful space, and if you wish to continue being employed as the Forum clown,
Try to be a civil one.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Advertisers