Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And just let folk who agree with you vote ? Or just those with degrees perhaps ? Or those in mensa ? Or christians?
Yep..good idea Trex. First step towards civil war. " you cant vote trex says you aren't well enough informed"
Its sort of a reverse catch 22. Anybody who thinks like that should not be allowed to vote ?? Perhaps.
Flud, you are ranting again, how about being for once in your life on topic and not making personal attacks?
You protest that others show the attitude you show yourself, and seem blind to what you are doing.
Come up with a cogent argument not this rubbish.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Are we assuming you have then ? Perhaps it should be anybody that agrees with you is intelligent enough to vote..And that's your idea of democracy..

And my point about negativity and the BS put out by Osbourne dragging pound down is totally over your head..so you cant vote either.

Just tell me one actual thing Brexit vote changed...nothing... So the only things that have caused dropping/ fluctuation is the loss of confidence caused by all the leavers talking BS and by certain folk,namely German banks, speculating...In effect nothing at all to do with Brexit.
I nearly missed that one, but for once Flud, you were right!
" caused by all the leavers talking BS "
Mind you I don't think he meant leavers really:D:D

Mar 9, 2016
No doubt it will but the bs ,negativity,exaggeration s,lies and panic spread by stayers will affect that truth, ruining opportunities we could be enjoying...but then again the doom mongers on here know more about economics than Patrick Minford , Peter Hargreaves ,Lord King and the other 17 million leavers.
You just don't see that its exactly your attitudes having adverse affects...nothing to do with brexit.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
flud, you can't see how wrong your arguments are. Let's say your sales director just told your backers that he wants to replace half of your customers with new, better ones. Would you be really surprised if most of your backers won't believe that he can and will be scared away and start pulling out their money? The amount of money moving away from the UK is 100 times worse compared to the run on Northern Rock, 50 times more than what we paid into the EU. The capital of our big four banks are in £, to keep their passport after brexit they need Basel III. 10% devaluation has put them all at serious risks. How would you like the treasury having to buy out RBS and Lloyds? How long do you think this country can survive a bank run on all the big fours?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I am aware of the jury rules and what you say in that regard is correct. The rules are known in advance and sentence or acquittal is measured against a set of pre-determined and clearly stated parameters. everyone goes into the process knowing what the deal is.

The parameters for the referendum were that a majority wins, no caveats were imposed such as at least 60% of the population must vote out for it to be carried. Perhaps that rule or similar should have been applied but it wasn't. The deal was whichever side of the vote was greater than 50% would be carried. Them's the rules & that's the deal, end of.

The truth is that remain thought they were going to win, but by a slim majority. They assumed that by imposing a minimum percentage for a vote to be carried, it would scupper the plan. Well it has bitten them on the @rse and now they are trying to re-write the rule book. That is all that needs to be said. Sorry.
The problem is that there never was a rule book to rewrite.....and there is not a rule book even now. I don't think that May/Boris/Fox/Davis have a clue how to move forward on Brexit and they don't know how to go backwards either,we are stuck between a rock and hard place.
KudosDave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the brexiters will always be a huge movement in the UK. The only way to stop them blackmailing any government is a coalition or a grand coalition government.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
the brexiters will always be a huge movement in the UK.
And always have been. From the first moment we joined the EU they have been kicking up a fuss, causing a referendum on membership a couple of years later.

The irony of Flud's complaints about the Remainers making a fuss for a few weeks now now is the fact that the Brexiters have been doing the same continuously for 44 years and just won't shut up.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner and trex

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
flud, you can't see how wrong your arguments are. Let's say your sales director just told your backers that he wants to replace half of your customers with new, better ones. Would you be really surprised if most of your backers won't believe that he can and will be scared away and start pulling out their money? The amount of money moving away from the UK is 100 times worse compared to the run on Northern Rock, 50 times more than what we paid into the EU. The capital of our big four banks are in £, to keep their passport after brexit they need Basel III. 10% devaluation has put them all at serious risks. How would you like the treasury having to buy out RBS and Lloyds? How long do you think this country can survive a bank run on all the big fours?
Amazingly Flud thinks that's Funny? clearly he is on another planet entirely.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I have just been to the shops to buy something for lunch and whilst I was there, I met an old acquaintance who is a retired police officer. He gave me an account of a colleague of his who retired from the police two years ago, after serving for 30 years.

This recently retired man commuted the maximum amount of his pension permissible into a cash lump sum. That equated to £134000. He immediately spent £100000 on a new motor home. After six months he found that the motor home was too big and cumbersome. He also discovered that camper van holidays were not to his liking, so traded it for a Porche Panamera. The Porche didn't work out for him so he moved on to a BMW X5. Did I mention that he also bought a jet-pack? The jet packing ended abruptly soon after he left A&E with a broken arm. With most of the pension lump some consumed by massive depreciation on ill thought out purchases, what little is left is now invested in a jet-ski. This man still has an eye watering sum outstanding on his mortgage too.

I'm getting to the point now. This made think about some of the comments made on here about eligibility to vote. I don't know which way he voted in the referendum, but is it right and is it fair that this crazy b@$tard should be allowed to have a say in the future direction of the country? A say, which in some small way, affects us all? This is a man who used to do a job which is supposedly is responsible and reliable.

Then when I was inside the store waiting at the checkout, I picked up a store credit card form. They were offering 2 years 0% interest on purchases, then 18.5% after the honeymoon was over!!! If Mr Crazy got his hands on one of those, you just know what's coming 2 years down the line. There must be thousands, if not millions like him. Where is this going to end, because surely 18.5% day will arrive at some point in the future. Is this not a bigger threat than BREXIT. Shouldn't we all be worrying about the day of reckoning?

Why are the banks allowing this to happen? I thought they were supposed to lend more responsibly since the big screw up a few years back. I think that clown at the B of E should have raised interest rates last Thursday. 2% in the first instance to warm people up to what is surely coming.

Mar 9, 2016
Tilson...the banks want folk in debt..and was the bloke in question Osbourne ??

Trex
Have you ever just stopped for a nano second and thought perhaps, just perhaps you are wrong..no I didn't think so..

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I have just been to the shops to buy something for lunch and whilst I was there, I met an old acquaintance who is a retired police officer. He gave me an account of a colleague of his who retired from the police two years ago, after serving for 30 years.

This recently retired man commuted the maximum amount of his pension permissible into a cash lump sum. That equated to £134000. He immediately spent £100000 on a new motor home. After six months he found that the motor home was too big and cumbersome. He also discovered that camper van holidays were not to his liking, so traded it for a Porche Panamera. The Porche didn't work out for him so he moved on to a BMW X5. Did I mention that he also bought a jet-pack? The jet packing ended abruptly soon after he left A&E with a broken arm. With most of the pension lump some consumed by massive depreciation on ill thought out purchases, what little is left is now invested in a jet-ski. This man still has an eye watering sum outstanding on his mortgage too.

I'm getting to the point now. This made think about some of the comments made on here about eligibility to vote. I don't know which way he voted in the referendum, but is it right and is it fair that this crazy b@$tard should be allowed to have a say in the future direction of the country? A say, which in some small way, affects us all? This is a man who used to do a job which is supposedly is responsible and reliable.

Then when I was inside the store waiting at the checkout, I picked up a store credit card form. They were offering 2 years 0% interest on purchases, then 18.5% after the honeymoon was over!!! If Mr Crazy got his hands on one of those, you just know what's coming 2 years down the line. There must be thousands, if not millions like him. Where is this going to end, because surely 18.5% day will arrive at some point in the future. Is this not a bigger threat than BREXIT. Shouldn't we all be worrying about the day of reckoning?

Why are the banks allowing this to happen? I thought they were supposed to lend more responsibly since the big screw up a few years back. I think that clown at the B of E should have raised interest rates last Thursday. 2% in the first instance to warm people up to what is surely coming.
Once again Tillson full marks for your undoubted talents in reviving the Medieval Morality play in all it's glory.
(The jet pack bit was perhaps a tad too much) otherwise excellent and as usual. you aren't wrong, are you?
Though the notion of integrity from the banking profession is perhaps even less likely than the jet pack, or honest politicians.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Trex
Have you ever just stopped for a nano second and thought perhaps, just perhaps you are wrong..no I didn't think so..
Halleluya it speaks
"
Flud
Can you ever write anything that isn't simply a personal attack?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Once again Tillson full marks for your undoubted talents in reviving the Medieval Morality play in all it's glory.
(The jet pack bit was perhaps a tad too much) otherwise excellent and as usual. you aren't wrong, are you?
Though the notion of integrity from the banking profession is perhaps even less likely than the jet pack, or honest politicians.
The jet-pack is reality. Not in the sense as we remember them in the 1960s though. The type to which I refer use a high pressure water jet to levitate the user. The user is connected via a large bore hose to an engine driven pump which floats on a pontoon on the water. The user can manoeuvre by vectoring the water jet and tow the pontoon and pump behind him or her. Pointless.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com

Trex
Fluid....Trex and I have had some right Royal spats over the years but on this stupid Brexit experiment we are in total agreement. Government are either blind or don't know how to get us out of this mess.
I have been in business for 44 years,survived 3 recessions and a fuel crisis,we will survive this mess because we have so much muscle and income remote from trading, but so many of my fellow traders and dealers are commenting that Brexit hasn't caused a slow down its like we have fallen off a cliff,unless something is done quickly we will have mass closures and redundancies come the Autumn.
I am shocked by the speed of the downturn in revenue, I have thought about this at length and stopped for more than a nano second it is probably the biggest mistake committed by any country at any time,and completely unnecessary.
KudosDave

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The jet-pack is reality. Not in the sense as we remember them in the 1960s though. The type to which I refer use a high pressure water jet to levitate the user. The user is connected via a large bore hose to an engine driven pump which floats on a pontoon on the water. The user can manoeuvre by vectoring the water jet and tow the pontoon and pump behind him or her. Pointless.
My Ghast is truly flabbered! I apologise for doubting your wisdom on the subject, once again well said.Isn't science wonderful when turned to so onerous a purpose?
Just one question, where could you possibly deploy such a fearsome device?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
On the beach. But the water here is 22°C...

Reactions: trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
AK, beautiful day and blue sky here in Normandy too.
I talked to three of my French neighbours this morning. They are all fed up with too much regulations and want out of the EU as soon as possible.

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
My Ghast is truly flabbered! I apologise for doubting your wisdom on the subject, once again well said.Isn't science wonderful when turned to so onerous a purpose?
I'm not sure where they are used, but I'm guessing that there will be areas set aside.

Having said that, modern jet-packs aren't piloted by lantern jawed men with chromium helmets like we remember. These days the pilot is usually the head of a disadvantaged family who use a food bank. Following on from that logic, jet-pack use probably extends to canals, nature reserves, sites of special scientific interest and rare waterfowl breading grounds.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There was one demonstrated on TV, I think it was the Channel 4 "Posh Pawn" program. It looked great fun, one could get quite skilled at low level aerial manouvres and it could be operated on even a moderate size pond. But as Tillson says, completely unnecessary, just a rich man's toy.

Advertisers