Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I'm not entirely sure what you are attempting to imply, but I don't know what derf does for a living, do you?

From some of his words I detect that he works in a hospital, I but have no idea what his role is. In fact, I'm not 100% sure he does that anymore because, if I remember correctly, he moved to France shortly after the Brexit vote.
Splendid, Tilson, Splendid! is it any wonder I'm your biggest fan?
(I especially liked the moved to France bit!)
After he had confirmed working in
"I did some of an internship on a forensic unit,twenty years ago. The process by which individuals are assessed to have been responsible for an alleged offence (ie not insane) and able to stand trial is thorough and objective"
Is at least suggestive that was in fact in the Medical Profession of which Psychiatry is one of the many branches,and therefore likely to be a medical professional, and hadn't merely wandered in from the nearest Bus Queue out of casual interest.
You opined
Forgive me for forming the opinion that these so-called forensic mental health experts live in cloud cuckoo land and have no grip on reality. These "experts" are a danger to both themselves and the general public.

It isn't Rocket Science to conclude that he is involved as a little more than a passing member of the public, and your remarks wouldn't be greeted with delight, is it?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and derf

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
stop going on about things you can do nothing about
Seriously Paul I don't agree that this complaining does nothing, it's just a very small part of a huge tide of complaint and discussion on Brexit.

In response to my inquiry about such complaining at the outcome, Google informs me of 16.2 million entries. The newspapers have never let up on the debate. TV and radio have continued it and I see from the Radio Times for next week that they will continue then. No doubt when the Olympics ends there will be even more.

En masse this scale of discussion about one issue is almost unique and will undoubtedly affect political decisions. As Tesco might say, every little helps.

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Seriously Paul I don't agree that this complaining does nothing, it's just a very small part of a huge tide of complaint and discussion on Brexit.

In response to my inquiry about such complaining at the outcome, Google informs me of 16.2 million entries. The newspapers have never let up on the debate. TV and radio have continued it and I see from the Radio Times for next week that they will continue then. No doubt when the Olympics ends there will be even more.

En masse this scale of discussion about one issue is almost unique and will undoubtedly affect political decisions. As Tesco might say, every little helps.
Ok just for arguments sake
your complaining that its all a great mistake " Not that anyone knows either way" actually works ,

what would happen if the vote swung the other way dont you think with enough moaning on the net it could in theory swing back again where would we be then ?
my point is we have all been dealt a hand lets make the most of it
its only a knee jerk reaction that dipped the pound in the first place as we havent even left the EU yet so how does that ring true in the grand scheme ?

And i will agree with you once the olympics have stopped it may pick up where it left off , but if it does it only compounds the problem and when all is said and done what right did any of the public have too vote if so little is known about it anyway .

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I always have FUN :)
And is there a reason you feel i dont have the right to post what i feel ? or is it all one way for you ?

Heres one for you "lifes too short too worry about things you can do nothing about" and thats a fact of life ,
And as ive already asked the question ,
is anyone on this thread going to do anything about what there moaning about or have the power to do anything ??
Mmm thought not as theres nothing you can do otherwise you wouldnt be here moaning about stuff you have no control over .
And the fact you think this is a debate thread is laughable even to the fact you quoted me in your so callled debate
you seem to be confusing a debate with bitching
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS

Go on Quote me again im enjoying this thread now LOL
"And is there a reason you feel i dont have the right to post what i feel ? or is it all one way for you ?"
Not at all, how have you managed to rearrange what was said to come up with that reponse?except for the fact that it is completely off topic and has nothing whatever to do with what was being discussed of course.
You started off with this
"Answer me one thing as im sure im not the only one on this forum thats fed up with this rubbish thread ,"
Remind me again why you posted it?
I'll answer that for you by responding to this further rubbish
"
Mmm thought not as theres nothing you can do otherwise you wouldnt be here moaning about stuff you have no control over .
And the fact you think this is a debate thread is laughable even to the fact you quoted me in your so callled debate
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS"
Do you really think that constitutes anything other than a rant from someone who finds the opinions of others that clashes with his own offensive?
Yet lacks the ability to debate the subject, and instead tries to ridicule the discussion.
Join in by all means, when you have something sensible to say.

Mar 9, 2016
Flecc
Perhaps you should look deeper into thread, ie from beginning rather than last few pages...its quite ridiculous to claim minimal time, you are amongst major contributors to thread.

Derf
Your apology greatfully accepted...thats actually good of you. Thank you. We can get back to personal insults now..not 3rd party ones.
It is time thread was closed. Everything that could be said had been weeks ago. Nobody has changed their opinions. Derf, flecc and trex are still self righteous and opinionated. Trex manages to fit in patronising and condescending.
OG and old Fool seem much improved...but then again they are on ignore...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
your complaining that its all a great mistake " Not that anyone knows either way" actually works ,

what would happen if the vote swung the other way dont you think with enough moaning on the net it could in theory swing back again where would we be then ?
its only a knee jerk reaction that dipped the pound in the first place as we havent even left the EU yet so how does that ring true in the grand scheme ?

And i will agree with you once the olympics have stopped it may pick up where it left off , but if it does it only compounds the problem and when all is said and done what right did any of the public have too vote if so little is known about it anyway .
That last paragraph is the one that matters:
The Public has the right to expect that they are told the truth by politicians and the media, and this has not been the case and still isn't.
If Brexit is such a great idea, then why has nobody ever planned what to do if the vote went the way it did?
What does that say about the way Public opinion has been led?
Quite obviously from the way the main characters Johnson, Gove, Farage and call me Dave fled to the hills shows that they had no faith in the referendum going the way it did.

What kind of an idiot (I'll rephrase that, what group of idiots as you have to include the Press) would Scream for Brexit from the rooftops and have so little faith in their "cunning plan"?
That they neglected to have a plan to make it happen if they won the vote?
Why have you still got faith in the idea when there is no plan and when the leaders who lied to you have shown they have no faith by deserting the cause?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Flecc
Perhaps you should look deeper into thread, ie from beginning rather than last few pages...its quite ridiculous to claim minimal time, you are amongst major contributors to thread.

Derf
Your apology greatfully accepted...thats actually good of you. Thank you. We can get back to personal insults now..not 3rd party ones.
It is time thread was closed. Everything that could be said had been weeks ago. Nobody has changed their opinions. Derf, flecc and trex are still self righteous and opinionated. Trex manages to fit in patronising and condescending.
OG and old Fool seem much improved...but then again they are on ignore...
No flud, it's time for another one of your regular withdrawals, and do give up on the gratuitous insults, you obviously have stopped joining in but keep up the pretence of using the ignore button while still reading the posts.

Reactions: robdon

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
flud has possibly lost more than most of us. what with properties in France and Spain and prices will rocket in the next few months, he must feel a lot poorer now.

Reactions: robdon

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
"And is there a reason you feel i dont have the right to post what i feel ? or is it all one way for you ?"
Not at all, how have you managed to rearrange what was said to come up with that reponse?except for the fact that it is completely off topic and has nothing whatever to do with what was being discussed of course.
You started off with this
"Answer me one thing as im sure im not the only one on this forum thats fed up with this rubbish thread ,"
Remind me again why you posted it?
I'll answer that for you by responding to this further rubbish
"
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS"
Do you really think that constitutes anything other than a rant from someone who finds the opinions of others that clashes with his own offensive?
Yet lacks the ability to debate the subject, and instead tries to ridicule the discussion.
Join in by all means, when you have something sensible to say.
Even with all your words you still haven't answered my simple question

"what are you going to do about the brexit vote"

Other than rant about it on a pedelec forum which is achieving nothing
Other than filling you with self importance
Which you are doing quite well I might add
I suppose by trying to beat up my replys saves you answering the question I have asked once again.
So over too you.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc
Look into the meaning Flud.

I only went back 5 pages precisely because I spend minimal time, so wouldn't want to go right back though and waste a huge amount of time.

And I can rightly claim minimal time due to the brevity of so many of my posts, less than 4 lines being common. Compared to the huge essays that abound in this thread, that's minimal.

I know how little time I've spent in here, you don't.

Mar 9, 2016
flud has possibly lost more than most of us. what with properties in France and Spain and prices will rocket in the next few months, he must feel a lot poorer now.
????
You even know how people feel now, let alone know why the voted as they did...Thats beyond self righteousness...
Btw, no properties in Spain.Never have had, never will, wouldn't consider it. Another figment of your delsusion.

Mar 9, 2016
Flecc
This thread has now hit 197 pages. You post on it at least once a day. You started thread. You read every single post. You study the subject and consider your replies. The length of your posts is not the only issue. The fact you have taken TIME to reply to my ramblings proves you have not spent minimal time either on this forum or specifically this thread. Its plain daft to argue otherwise, all your posts are on here.(32, 000 on forum and I,d guess 200 on this thread alone)

Neither represent minimal time and all those on this thread utterly pointless ( as are mine)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

I wouldn't disagree with any of this post Paul. My objective isn't to reverse what has happened, I accept it. But to make the best of it for me means keeping a very close relationship with the EU, so very little change in effect.

I think the combination of the close referendum result and all the fuss being kicked up now can result in achieving just that, if only for political expediency.

So there's method in my madness.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Even with all your words you still haven't answered my simple question

"what are you going to do about the brexit vote"

Other than rant about it on a pedelec forum which is achieving nothing
Other than filling you with self importance
Which you are doing quite well I might add
I suppose by trying to beat up my replys saves you answering the question I have asked once again.
So over too you.
What am i going to do about it? why not try reading some of my earlier posts before making the remarks you do?
If you did ,instead of this nonsense you write, you would note that I am all FOR invoking article 50 and getting the experiment under way wilth all speed.
After all since you were willing to vote for it knowing there was no plan in place, we obviously don't need one, do we?
I want Brexit to go ahead, it isn't a case of me trying to prevent anything, and I am completely against another referendum, but you don't know that ,or my not contesting the result, for as is usual with a Brexit voter, the mouth operates faster than the brain, you don't check for facts and you jump to the wrong conclusion.
The sooner the experiment takes place the sooner we find out whether the vote for Brexit was a good idea or the stupidest decision that this country has ever made.
Where does that leave your argument now, you don't know what you are talking about, do you?
Try reading some earlier posts before making a fool of yourself, or carry on as usual without checking.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You read every single post.
You really have to be joking!

I've almost certainly read a minority of the posts since I've skipped past almost all of the very long essays that dominate the thread. When the point isn't immediately apparent, there is no way I would wade though to find it.

I doubt you would want to waste your time checking, but if you did you'd find I've only rarely responded to one of those. On the very few occasions I've done so it's because a section has caught my eye and I've quoted and responded to that bit.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Flecc
This thread has now hit 197 pages. You post on it at least once a day. You started thread. You read every single post. You study the subject and consider your replies. The length of your posts is not the only issue. The fact you have taken TIME to reply to my ramblings proves you have not spent minimal time either on this forum or specifically this thread. Its plain daft to argue otherwise, all your posts are on here.(32, 000 on forum and I,d guess 200 on this thread alone)

Neither represent minimal time and all those on this thread utterly pointless ( as are mine)
And you Flud read every post too, but not being able to argue as you have nothing cogent to offer on the subject resort only to using personal attacks as evidenced here, what they heck is the point of this one?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Flecc

Standard off topic attack
Something I can agree with (your posts are utterly pointless )

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
What am i going to do about it? why not try reading some of my earlier posts before making the remarks you do?
If you did ,instead of this nonsense you write, you would note that I am all FOR invoking article 50 and getting the experiment under way will all speed.
I want Brexit to go ahead, it isn't a case of me trying to prevent anything, and I am completely against another referendum, but you don't know that ,or my not contesting the result, for as is usual with a Brexit voter, the mouth operates faster than the brain, you don't check for facts and you jump to the wrong conclusion.
The sooner the experiment takes place the sooner we find out whether the vote for Brexit was a good idea or the stupidest decision that this country has ever made.
Where does that leave your argument now, you don't know what you are talking about, do you?
Try reading some earlier posts before making a fool of yourself.
I didn't assume you were on one side of the fence or the other
My question was quite simply what are you going to do about brexit are you going too push it along any faster by going on about it here
Because through all your replys this still hasn't been answered has it
It doesn't matter how much you spout off in here about it you won't change anything on this forum
And this has been my point all along
What use is this thread now
It's exhausted finished as it's not achieving anything at all so who's the fool.
I await your drawn out reply with anticipation

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Flecc

so what is this really about flud? you trying to prove to us what a busy, entertaining life you live? Does "the lady doth protest too much" ring a bell? OK, let's assume English lit wasn't in your curriculum. Those of us who do have lives don't feel the need to shout about it to others. Does that compute? This thread does matter. Brexit matters. The debate isn't over. the decision hasn't been made. It is part of being a member of a community, not just here, but in the UK. And any close minded twits who at this point say its futile, will be saying something quite different two months from now once the pound inch towards parity and the feckless morons in government execute u-turns like never before. How about trying to be part of something a opposed to obnoxious and incoherent?

• Agree
Reactions: trex

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I didn't assume you were on one side of the fence or the other
My question was quite simply what are you going to do about brexit are you going too push it along any faster by going on about it here
Because through all your replys this still hasn't been answered has it
It doesn't matter how much you spout off in here about it you won't change anything on this forum
And this has been my point all along
What use is this thread now
It's exhausted finished as it's not achieving anything at all so who's the fool.
I await your drawn out reply with anticipation

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Advertisers