Brexit, for once some facts.

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
It continues because we wish it to, and enjoy the debate, and quite frankly your questions are irrelevant, why do you keep asking them?
Nothing better to do than gripe?
After all that's what you can't on to do wasn't it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
If this is such an open debate why can't I ask a question and get a straight answer
I'm asking a question about this topic and it's irrelevant in your opinion
Go figure that
Your no better than a politician
Ask a question and the wander off to something else and avoid the original question like the plague
Maybe you missed you vocation in life
From your replys I think you would make a good politcian

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I didn't assume you were on one side of the fence or the other
My question was quite simply what are you going to do about brexit are you going too push it along any faster by going on about it here
Because through all your replys this still hasn't been answered has it
It doesn't matter how much you spout off in here about it you won't change anything on this forum
And this has been my point all along
What use is this thread now
It's exhausted finished as it's not achieving anything at all so who's the fool.
I await your drawn out reply with anticipation
Didn't you indeed? So you just came on with no point of view to express just have a whinge?
Tell me, why should I answer your question when we both know the answer you want to hear, which is that none of us can directly change anything, but then as i have already said, i don't wish to anyway, but i do want to debate the situation, you clearly do not like the subject to be debated, do you?
Why not, is it to hard for you to try to understand different viewpoints?
You see no point in debate so to you it's pointless, fair enough,if you are limited in that way.

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Didn't you indeed? So you just came on with no point of view to express just have a whinge?
Tell me, why should I answer your question when we both know the answer you want to hear, which is that none of us can directly change anything, but then as i have already said, i don't wish to anyway, but i do want to debate the situation, you clearly do not like the subject to be debated, do you?
Why not, is it to hard for you to try to understand different viewpoints?
You see no point in debate so to you it's pointless, fair enough,if you are limited in that way.

A debate is great if it's going somewhere
This can't go anywhere because you have no facts and nor does anyone else on here
And that is a fact this thread can't go anywhere now till something is done
Either they will get on with it or do a u turn as has already been said
Till that happens what are you debating over
Answer me that?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If this is such an open debate why can't I ask a question and get a straight answer
I'm asking a question about this topic and it's irrelevant in your opinion
Go figure that
Your no better than a politician
Ask a question and the wander off to something else and avoid the original question like the plague
Maybe you missed you vocation in life
From your replys I think you would make a good politcian
A debate is great if it's going somewhere
This can't go anywhere because you have no facts and nor does anyone else on here
And that is a fact this thread can't go anywhere now till something is done
Either they will get on with it or do a u turn as has already been said
Till that happens what are you debating over
Answer me that?
"This can't go anywhere because you have no facts and nor does anyone else on here "
We have been posting facts on a Daily basis, you can read, I take it?
You have not been debating anything, simply complaining about the existence of the thread, those on this thread have been debating the situation as it changes and develops, so that answers that question, doesn't it?
Though I accept your point that those who voted FOR Brexit have no facts they can present that makes their case convincing.
Was it simple enough to understand?
And the question you seem to think wasn't answered was perhaps your original posting
"
Answer me one thing as im sure im not the only one on this forum thats fed up with this rubbish thread ,
My question is , What is anyone on this thread going todo about being in or out anyway ?
Oh hang on i can answer that for you
NOTHING "

And the answer is so obvious even you can understand it.
This thread has EVERYTHING to do with Brexit.

Your posts are simple an attempt to derail it and have NOTHING to do with Brexit.
Shouldn't you be a Politician? You joined this thread to Imitate Farage in the EU Parliament, just to do damage, didn't you?
Why did you bother? you have provided a little amusement, but nothing constructive.
There. all your questions answered, now what are you going to do?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Fact is Paul this thread stopped being a debate/ discussion weeks ago. Its a vehicle for such as derf ( and trex) to put down and insult any opinions stayers had or have.
Derf , trex and flecc to a lesser degree are incapable of expressing their opinions without insulting or degrading those of others( including mine, Brendan's , Robf's, Tillson's and anybody else's who dare to say they either voted to leave or agree in us doing so. Since that point ( about page 4) thread has sunken into argument.
Leavers have been called racist, xenophonic, thick, misinformed,mis led...characteristics of folk on both sides of debate.
Should have been closed at that point.
There is no more to say until something happens ( or doesn't !)
I don't really think May will be consulting forum ( or Flecc) to help her decide..
"Leavers have been called racist, xenophonic, thick, misinformed,mis led...characteristics of folk on both sides of debate."

The only thing they have been considered is misinformed, the rest is from your own fertile imagination Flud and no one else

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Ok just for arguments sake
your complaining that its all a great mistake " Not that anyone knows either way" actually works ,

what would happen if the vote swung the other way dont you think with enough moaning on the net it could in theory swing back again where would we be then ?
my point is we have all been dealt a hand lets make the most of it
its only a knee jerk reaction that dipped the pound in the first place as we havent even left the EU yet so how does that ring true in the grand scheme ?

And i will agree with you once the olympics have stopped it may pick up where it left off , but if it does it only compounds the problem and when all is said and done what right did any of the public have too vote if so little is known about it anyway .
If the vote had swung the other way then Cameron would have still been in power,UKIP would have been yesterday's men and the euro-sceptics would have had to shut up. The rest of the world would not have thought us idiots,the pound would still be 1.45-150 and we would have continued much as we have for this year.
The pound is not a knee jerk reaction,the moves by government have pretty much ensured that this 1.30 level is here to stay,which is why many of us are looking for 10% price rises on dollar or euro sourced product.
I wonder how long it will be before employees want more wages to pay for all the price rises,they will be disappointed after compulsory workplace pensions and minimum wages there will be few wage rises over the next few years and Brexit gives the perfect excuse,you guys who voted Brexit just have to accept the outcome.
The biggest problem is leave didn't have a plan to leave and May doesn't have a plan either,would you put Boris on the team if you were serious about Brexit?
I am sure that May is trying to find a way out of this mess,giving something to the leave vote (let them eat cake) but really keeping us into the EU without appearing so.
I count that the government have already given in to the farmers,the research chemists,the scots,the Welsh to the tune of £6 billion out of the £8billion,it doesn't leave much for Boris's promise to give it all to the NHS,I am surprised that the leavers are not moaning about that?
KudosDave

Last edited:

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
"This can't go anywhere because you have no facts and nor does anyone else on here "
We have been posting facts on a Daily basis, you can read, I take it?
You have not been debating anything, simply complaining about the existence of the thread, those on this thread have been debating the situation as it changes and develops, so that answers that question, doesn't it?
Though I accept your point that those who voted FOR Brexit have no facts they can present that makes their case convincing.
Was it simple enough to understand?
And the question you seem to think wasn't answered was perhaps your original posting
"
Answer me one thing as im sure im not the only one on this forum thats fed up with this rubbish thread ,
My question is , What is anyone on this thread going todo about being in or out anyway ?
Oh hang on i can answer that for you
NOTHING "

And the answer is so obvious even you can understand it.
This thread has EVERYTHING to do with Brexit.

Your posts are simple an attempt to derail it and have NOTHING to do with Brexit.
Shouldn't you be a Politician? You joined this thread to Imitate Farage in the EU Parliament, just to do damage, didn't you?
Why did you bother? you have provided a little amusement, but nothing constructive.
There. all your questions answered, now what are you going to do?
You have been posting facts from where ?

I will tell you where
Facts being rather a bold word all you have been is drip fed rubbish from the media
And you have tried to make it fact
Copy and pasting they call it not knowledge

Again this thread is at a stand still till we either get out or stay put
The thread is only guess work till then at best
Unless in your infinite wisdom you can predict the future and that would be clever even by your standards
I realise your never wrong i can tell that by your condescending replys
But i do also find you amusing
Firstly because you believe what you read and write
And second that you keep replying too my posts
Why bother if im such a fool as you have already mentioned why not just ignore me :)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
How many more times are you going to tell us this trex ? You could save your time and just copy and paste any one of 50 of your posts.

And had such as you not gone on and on repeating the same negativity perhaps the pound would have stayed at pre vote levels. You and your ilk have caused the downturn...not brexit. We could introduce a loop into this pointless thread....go to post 87...no need for anyone to post anymore...
Flud,I think you have got yourself confused between Trex and myself,but I understand it is easy to get confused with all this stupidity of Brexit.
KudosDave

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
The pound is not a knee jerk reaction,the moves by government have pretty much ensured that this 1.30 level is here to stay,which is why many of us are looking for 10% price rises on dollar or euro sourced product.
We havent left so of course its a knee jerk reaction
Nothing should have changed yet because nothing has changed
Were still in were still paying our lump of cash every week
Its all a big con and an excuse just too blame everything on brexit

As for cameron he was voted in as our leader then buggered off when he couldnt get his own way
What a leader now that was a mistake voting for that in the first place .

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014

As for cameron he was voted in as our leader then buggered off when he couldnt get his own way
No offence,but I find you and flud's posts a compelling argument for the right to vote in a democracy being based on some kind of knowledge test

Mar 9, 2016
Apologies Kudos...I did think that was trex...

Derf
That typifies this thread, yours, and a few others, attitudes perfectly. I don't need to say anything, you,ve said it all perfectly.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com

Paul....do you honestly believe that nothing has changed....it changed on June 24 th. This is the worry that so many did not understand what were the leave effects,I include myself on not realising what were all the effects of Brexit.
But trust me the view forward is ugly,the problem is not only the weakness of the pound,I have just put up 4000 prices by 10%,my major competitor who buys everything from Italy has increased his prices by 10% so that will overcome the weakness of the pound.
The biggest problem is the rest of the world will think we are now a side show to Europe,historically the UK has always been a strong trading nation with say China and India but after Brexit those countries will see a great advantage in dealing direct with Europe and ignore the UK..don't forget that VW,Mercedes and Audi already have a strong presence in China.
KudosDave

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Paul....do you honestly believe that nothing has changed....it changed on June 24 th. This is the worry that so many did not understand what were the leave effects,I include myself on not realising what were all the effects of Brexit.
But trust me the view forward is ugly,the problem is not only the weakness of the pound,I have just put up 4000 prices by 10%,my major competitor who buys everything from Italy has increased his prices by 10% so that will overcome the weakness of the pound.
The biggest problem is the rest of the world will think we are now a side show to Europe,historically the UK has always been a strong trading nation with say China and India but after Brexit those countries will see a great advantage in dealing direct with Europe and ignore the UK..don't forget that VW,Mercedes and Audi already have a strong presence in China.
KudosDave
No you have me wrong
I realise its changed thats not the point im making
My point is it shouldnt have changed until we actually leave
As at present we are still here paying our slab of money into the eu
Yet the pound has dropped thats what the reaction is we shouldnt have had
we are being penalised for potentially standing on are own two feet ,
If it had happened when all is finalised then thats a reaction we live with but for it too happen now is a knee jerk reaction as ive already said .

What if it all falls through and we dont leave , which to be honest i think will happen does the pound still stay low
How do all the countrys know its going to be better or worse whatever the outcome we are meant to be a great nation so why cant we stand on our own too feet .

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You have been posting facts from where ?

I will tell you where
Facts being rather a bold word all you have been is drip fed rubbish from the media
And you have tried to make it fact
Copy and pasting they call it not knowledge

Again this thread is at a stand still till we either get out or stay put
The thread is only guess work till then at best
Unless in your infinite wisdom you can predict the future and that would be clever even by your standards
I realise your never wrong i can tell that by your condescending replys
But i do also find you amusing
Firstly because you believe what you read and write
And second that you keep replying too my posts
Why bother if im such a fool as you have already mentioned why not just ignore me :)
Off topic posts,of this nature are no longer worth comment
When you post something relevant to the thread it will get a response:D

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
No you have me wrong
I realise its changed thats not the point im making
My point is it shouldnt have changed until we actually leave
As at present we are still here paying our slab of money into the eu
Yet the pound has dropped thats what the reaction is we shouldnt have had
we are being penalised for potentially standing on are own two feet ,
If it had happened when all is finalised then thats a reaction we live with but for it too happen now is a knee jerk reaction as ive already said .

What if it all falls through and we dont leave , which to be honest i think will happen does the pound still stay low
How do all the countrys know its going to be better or worse whatever the outcome we are meant to be a great nation so why cant we stand on our own too feet .
What do you mean with "stand on our own two feet"? The UK economy is mainly based on services, provided largely to the EU. It doesn't manufacture much and imports much more than it exports. This imbalance used to be made up by overseas investment pouring in - into property etc. We are also very unproductive compared to the eu and other first world countries (i.e. per person we don't produce much). To use your analogy of the UK economy as a person who wants to stand "on our own feet": we are a bit like a shelve stacker in tescos with a bad drinking and gambling habit being supported by the bank of mom and dad. (where the shelve stacking is the manufacturing part of the economy, tescos and mom and dad is the EU context of our lives and the drug and gambling habit is part of our general unproductivity). What we've done is not try to start on our own feet - we've told mom, dad and tescos we don't need them. That is why the pound has devalued. Because the UK imports much more than it exports and overseas investors who used to prop it up does not believe "we can stand on our own two feet". And well they shouldn't - the UK cannot stand on its own top feet economically, it needs to be part of the EU to export its services and attract overseas investment.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Buy British. Fly the flag.
I wish it could be as easy as that.
I think we should leave the EU when we are ready. It's too damaging to our economy at this moment in time.
Mrs May should leave brexit to the next parliament when the country can hear a proper debate (in parliament) without the influence of newspapers like the Express.

• Agree
Reactions: derf and flecc

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
What do you mean with "stand on our own two feet"? The UK economy is mainly based on services, provided largely to the EU. It doesn't manufacture much and imports much more than it exports. This imbalance used to be made up by overseas investment pouring in - into property etc. We are also very unproductive compared to the eu and other first world countries (i.e. per person we don't produce much). To use your analogy of the UK economy as a person who wants to stand "on our own feet": we are a bit like a shelve stacker in tescos with a bad drinking and gambling habit being supported by the bank of mom and dad. (where the shelve stacking is the manufacturing part of the economy, tescos and mom and dad is the EU context of our lives and the drug and gambling habit is part of our general unproductivity). What we've done is not try to start on our own feet - we've told mom, dad and tescos we don't need them. That is why the pound has devalued. Because the UK imports much more than it exports and overseas investors who used to prop it up does not believe "we can stand on our own two feet". And well they shouldn't - the UK cannot stand on its own top feet economically, it needs to be part of the EU to export its services and attract overseas investment.
The uk doesnt manufacture much where did you read that jem in a news paper
what an uneducated reply
this is the kind of rubbish being spouted off on this thread
and with this attitude and disbelieve in the country no wander it will end up going to hell
why dont you just roll over and have a good kicking while your down there.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
The uk doesnt manufacture much where did you read that jem in a news paper
what an uneducated reply
this is the kind of rubbish being spouted off on this thread
and with this attitude and disbelieve in the country no wander it will end up going to hell
why dont you just roll over and have a good kicking while your down there.
here's the UK's deficit on trade in goods - that is how much more goods we import than manufacture and export
http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/uktrade/january2016
But don't take the office for national statistics (or my) word for it. Reality will give you a good kicking in a few months.

Advertisers