Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And they still under estimate the resolve of the British population.
That remains to be proven, there's no evidence of it yet.

Based on our performance through the 1960s and 1970s when we still manufactured, there was no resolve to succeed but abundant evidence of a resolve to fail, which we duly did.

Nothing since has changed that.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And they still under estimate the resolve of the British population.
And just exactly what resolve would that be when by now there are likely more in favour of remaining in the EU than leaving?
Do reveal this big secret you seem to imagine you have discovered.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
And just exactly what resolve would that be when by now there are likely more in favour of remaining in the EU than leaving?
Do reveal this big secret you seem to imagine you have discovered.
The thread is about facts.

As far as I am aware the referendum results are the only facts.

If you have new ones please post here.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

What on earth are you on about? you made a comment
"And they still under estimate the resolve of the British population."

Do stick to the topic instead of wandering off, I asked you
"And just exactly what resolve would that be when by now there are likely more in favour of remaining in the EU than leaving?
Do reveal this big secret you seem to imagine you have discovered."

Or are you unable to answer the question and just want to attempt to avoid answering?
What has "Resolve" got to do with the Referendum? you cannot even assume that people did more than simply tick a box in many cases for either side of the argument, as ignorance of the subject was rife in at least 90% or more of the people who voted, discounting the number on both sides persuaded by lies.

I'll try again what exactly have the British Population resolved to do?
Who in fact are they?
Just the ones who voted for Brexit
Or the Ones who voted for remain
or the 68% who couldn't be bothered to vote either way?

No one can claim to represent the resolve of the British Population, or even the resolve of the faction they voted for whether for or against Brexit after so many circumstances having changed and the level of lies exposed.

The whole thing has gone way beyond that point.
It has become a Farce.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com

Just a few facts.....
Government yields highest for 10 years
Pound v dollar and pound v euro fallen 18%
S and P rating for pound down 2 clicks,almost losing its reserve status
Poll today....6 leavers to 1 remainer would reverse their vote
350 million per week promised by Boris not given to the NHS
52 EU trade deals versus 0 UK.
Over the next few weeks I am sure there will be loads more
KudosDave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

The only resolve in the referendum result that I saw was 52% resolved to leave the EU, 48% resolved to stay in the EU.

Not a promising indicator of future success through united national effort, so that evidence of resolve is worthless in this context.

I would love to see this country succeed independently, but can only see the many indicators for failure. Brexiters seem unable to point to anything positive that indicates adequate future success, merely making vague statements about resolve and somewhat mythical British characteristics.

This is worrying to say the least since I would expect the supporters of exit to be well equipped with evidence for our future economic success. It seems this didn't figure in their decision making, that largely being confined to immigration issues and an apparent desire for racial isolation.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Those your new facts then?
Why did you make that non factual posting?
"And they still under estimate the resolve of the British population."

What sort of a fact is that?
This is a pointless exercise as you are simply not willing to explain your statement.
You want facts?
We don't have a Border Force
We don't have a big enough Navy to patrol the shores
We don't have enough Coastguards
We don't have a Plan
We don't have enough industry to support ourselves.
We don't have the manpower to quickly make useful trade negotiations
We don't have the the administrative ability to trace even the people here now never mind monitor new ones coming in
Our National Debt is almost £1.7 Trillion pounds and rising, and we can't stop it rising.
The currency is falling

To sort any of those things Taxes will have to rise.
Prices are already rising and will continue to do so.
Boris is making a laughing stock of our reputation abroad.
The rest of the world have realised we are quite mad.
Dispute any of those if you can.
How many more facts would you like, all of the above can be googled for proof, however, since Brexit fans never bother checking anything you won't do that will you?
Just what do you imagine British resolve will do about the problems?
You and others like you are responsible for the shambles the country is in, that is the one fact that really matters.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
And you forgot that we voted to leave the EU.
No I didn't forget that but you were asking for additional facts you had already given us that one.
Are you happy with my additional facts?
Tell me why aren't Leavers giving Boris a hard time over the 350 million he promised would go from our EU contributions and go into the NHS. He is in a powerful position in the government so should be pushing May to satisfy this pledge. This pledge was an important reason why many voted Leave.
David Davis's own advisor,a totally committed Leaver,has said that an EU exit will mean leaving the free trade bloc and cause a permanent cost of £25bn to the UK's GDP, not a nice fact.
Almost on a daily basis there are factual negatives to Brexit but I don't see any Leavers telling us factually what are the upsides of quitting the EU...?
To give some thought starters ,what are the improvement of GDP if we do trade deals with China and India? If we sack all the EU workers working on our farms how are we going to replace these workers? The NHS has 40% immigrants keeping it running,we have said we don't want these workers so where are their replacements? Is our industry strong enough without protection to withstand tariff free access by heavily invested and low labour cost countries like China and India?
How do we sell into EU countries when there are heavy tariffs on everything we sell into the EU? How do we replace the big tax take both income and corporate when big banks move their European HQ's from London to Frankfurt?
Hard Brexit doesn't look good does it!!!!
KudosDave

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: trex and oldtom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The independent has just revealed a note in Hansard which wrecks May's idea of triggering Article 50 by Royal Preorogative....
Quote....In October 2010 David Cameron replied to a House of Lords select committee dealing with our constitution.....he stated that because of the sovereignty of parliament in the UK all referendums are advisory and only parliament can decide whether or not to take action on a referendum result.
As triggering Article 50 is a direct result of the vote on the referendum then only parliament can decide if and when to trigger Article 50.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
brexit means brexit means they have not sofar made much of a success of it, have they?

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Whoosh bikes state day that bikes ordered after 1st November will increase by £30 to £50 due to currency rates
I'm half surprised it isn't more, this is random, but a friend who sells diprobase (apparently many brits have eczema) for an importer says prices have gone up 20%, which does reflect the pounds devaluation. I think the poor will suffer more than many, at the bottom of the income range margins between surviving and not can be very narrow

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
The only resolve in the referendum result that I saw was 52% resolved to leave the EU, 48% resolved to stay in the EU.

Not a promising indicator of future success through united national effort, so that evidence of resolve is worthless in this context.

I would love to see this country succeed independently, but can only see the many indicators for failure. Brexiters seem unable to point to anything positive that indicates adequate future success, merely making vague statements about resolve and somewhat mythical British characteristics.

This is worrying to say the least since I would expect the supporters of exit to be well equipped with evidence for our future economic success. It seems this didn't figure in their decision making, that largely being confined to immigration issues and an apparent desire for racial isolation.
The 52% successfully resolved the referendum question of whether to leave or remain in the EU.

I don't remember any box requiring me to give a reason for my vote so how can you know why the leavers voted the way they did without asking all 17 million of them.

I agree the leavers cannot call upon any support from the remainers in the future transition period but if they want to prolong it so be it.

• Informative
Reactions: Kudoscycles

Advertisers