Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
looked at logically with all this talk of Driverless cars some genius should invent something for long distance travel that uses realitively simple technology and is Free to travel on as a Tax pays for it .
It could be owned by the state and given a fancy name
Perhaps it could be called ..... let me think
A "Railway"?
And your town cars could be electric and drive up onto a railway carriage for long distance free travel.
Why you wouldn't even need huge new motorways would you?
No traffic jams, pollution, multiple crashes.
Nah, nobody would want anything as simple as that

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Here is a thought for you to consider.
The EU really don't care what support it has in the UK as it has written us off already and has (unlike us) planned what to do if we walk away.
If I was them I would breathe a sigh of relief, revise their budget (unlike here were suddenly the magic money tree allows investment we couldn't afford before)
And wave us goodbye, come back when you grow up.
Where does the "Gangland" idea come from? you Bexit fans seem to have a persecution complex.
The EU really really doesn't care about attitudes in the UK
It has an Agenda and plan, we haven't either.
That is absolutely correct. No 'Brexidiot' has ever come up with an answer to the question of how and when we will benefit from secession. They are all guilty of gambling with the nation's fortunes and the future prospects for young people and the generations to come.

Changing the subject somewhat but remaining pertinent to the tenor of this thread, surely one day soon a village somewhere will send out a recovery team and recapture their escaped idiot?

Tom
The pair of you are evading capture quite admirably..

• Dislike
  • :D
Reactions: robdon and PeterL

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
4 billion pounds and against the cost of development that is far too small, especially when spread around among many grasping hands, as it will disappear into some Torys pockets before any work is done, and what's left sold off to foreigners in the time honoured way.
Nice little rip off to con the public, another high speed tipping train style debacle , when other contries have already patented the technology now.
Nonsense, yet again! You are just taking any sentence and reconstructing to suit your agenda. Unlike a deconstructed plate of Fish and Chips which might prove quite tasty.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
looked at logically with all this talk of Driverless cars some genius should invent something for long distance travel that uses realitively simple technology and is Free to travel on as a Tax pays for it .
It could be owned by the state and given a fancy name
Perhaps it could be called ..... let me think
A "Railway"?
And your town cars could be electric and drive up onto a railway carriage for long distance free travel.
Why you wouldn't even need huge new motorways would you?
No traffic jams, pollution, multiple crashes.
Nah, nobody would want anything as simple as that
And which government implemented most of Beechings recommendations?
Report was commissioned under McMillan but nearly all closures occurred after Wilson took office... Railway was decimated by end of that government.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I'm sure you've said this before - am I right?
Both OG and Tom can now cut and paste their own cut and paste posts now, sort of re hashing re hash.
I,m not sure if that makes it any more original...or less.
Honestly Peter read OG,s post from first 20 pages....he,d said everything he had to say by then..just arguing with different posters.

• Dislike
  • Informative
Reactions: robdon and PeterL

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Both OG and Tom can now cut and paste their own cut and paste posts now, sort of re hashing re hash.
I,m not sure if that makes it any more original...or less.
Honestly Peter read OG,s post from first 20 pages....he,d said everything he had to say by then..just arguing with different posters.
I managed the first four pages. Depressing, but, I see exactly what you mean. Just about every post could be moved to this end and I doubt OG would notice. They can't remember what they posted yesterday, never mind 18 months ago. Still, I now buy into the claim, by OG, that he is consistent with his views.

• Agree

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Apparently, our government understands very well that A50 can be revoked if we wish to withdraw our formal notice of intent to secede.

It seems they have legal opinion to that effect but have put their own spin on it and seem disinclined to accept the ruling they were given.

Tom
Nice video, .. but I believe pointless. I do not believe that the UK has the right to withdraw from its letter of intent. In my opinion, as stated before a few times, they .or you have lost control of the process of withdrawal.The utterances of the UK Supreme Court are relevent to the conduct of business in both the HoC and the HoL , but have no relevance to the conduct of the European parliament.
Even were the UK to request return of their letter, it would be within the gift of the combined 27 states , acting in unison, whether to accede or not. I could imagine a scenario whereby there was a HoC backbencher revolt, and the government loosing confidence votes and either a new executive or New elections called.

Under that scenario, and if a request was made, a sympathetic EU would seek to make it happen. But it is not a foregone conclusion that it would be successful. Any one of the 27 could object and the case would need to go to the ECJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I cannot believe that May is intending to give the EU another 20 billion. Surely neither Leavers or Remainers want this. This shower of a government are being blackmailed by the EU.
We should leave,not give them a penny more.
KudosDave
Remainers of course don't want to pay it...They want to stay in and in which case they would pay nothing.
What Leavers want is impossible to know, since there is a full range of wants and desires.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Nonsense, yet again! You are just taking any sentence and reconstructing to suit your agenda. Unlike a deconstructed plate of Fish and Chips which might prove quite tasty.
Still no answer to why the government wants to reduce your rights have you?
And despite all evidence to to contrary votes that animals cannot feel pain and are not sentient,
hence these continued personal attacks.
Your only purpose in here is an attempt to derail the thread.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I can help with the other - OG has it. it's his home number.
And despite all evidence to the contrary votes that animals cannot feel pain and are not sentient,

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I managed the first four pages. Depressing, but, I see exactly what you mean. Just about every post could be moved to this end and I doubt OG would notice. They can't remember what they posted yesterday, never mind 18 months ago. Still, I now buy into the claim, by OG, that he is consistent with his views.
And despite all evidence to the contrary votes that animals cannot feel pain and are not sentient,

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I have posted the following several times as since the Government has voted that animals lack feelings and sentience clearly the same must apply to their supporters, unless of course they are vegetables.
"
Your only purpose in here is an attempt to derail the thread."

Perhaps this time they will answer the questions instead of dissembling as they do?
Why does Brexit require that these advantages gained are sacrificed?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Telegraph
"
Prime Minister's policy chief 'resigns' days ahead of Budget and warns party lacks 'coherent economic programme'"

Whay would he know about it anyway?
And
"
Tory backlash as Cabinet agrees to increase £20bn Brexit divorce bill !
I wonder why?
And from the Express
"
Theresa May warned she faces a MASSIVE REBELLION if £36 billion divorce bill goes through
THERESA May is facing a massive rebellion and resignations from her government if she tries to push through a Brexit deal with a £36 billion divorce bill."

Strong and stable eh?
It's a misfortune for a nation to have ONE Conservative Government, but a calamity for a Nation that has TWO at one and the same time.
Come on you Right Wingers, which Government do you support?
The Government or the other lot infesting it's ranks?

Last edited:

Advertisers