Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
no, it won't.
1. The treaty has been ratified by the EU.
2. The EU has no incentive to delay, simply because the WA allows the UK to have continued access to most parts of the SM until a deal is done and without cost.
3. Have you also forgotten that the UK is the largest trading partner of the EU?
1. I do not think it has. It has been agreed by the negotiators but I think required to be ratified by the EU Parliament. Currently there is no EU Parliament
2. The EU is a legal organisation, and signing the WA AFTER they have left, would be equivalent to a dead person signing a will...That is where the fudge would be needed
3. Yes but ...see #2

Reactions: robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
He's the kind of guy that has mash potato sans butter.

Far too racy for his tastes and besides. Potato is a flavour.
Mash is for children or the really aged..and I am neither. My preference is potatoes with a sauce vinaigrette fine herbes . It is a sophisticated taste, perhaps you will enjoy it in time.

Flatcap_FPV

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2019
Scotland
Let me refresh your memory on what you wrote

"Let's go down the HSE mad EU route... Changing a £2 friggin light bulb at work"...

Along with your listed your gripes from GM foods (thankfully someone thought of including food labeling...)
woo hold on there Tex.. I don't recall backpedaling on the HSE statement?
Ok i accept that was rantish, but was solely based on my own experience and not something seen/heard elsewhere clarified by a 2nd personal account... I strongly believe it was a relevant analogy to shake the pot with.
However it was only a reference point for me to join the debate and a further 20 questions to clarify the use of common sense within these new restrictions was not a relevant point... That said the people needing clarity on common sense questions which would only confuse children for the briefest of moments! Well they would probably need instruction on climbing a set of stairs to accompany the 3 points of contact rule! o_O we are back at my first case in point. The people behind the desks can't/won't/don't think outside their tiny, little, box!

I didn't have a gripe with the GM food, tbh i'm errr, 'Meh' about it!
It's that our peers are being so arrogant as to refuse a trade deal with that as their excuse... " yea ok, we will import it, but..."
US was our largest trading partner (last time i checked) it should have never got to this point, "sod it we'll just make do for now and sort it out after we slam that door!"...
Bit late phoning home to find out ya parents have turned your old room into a sex den! #ohfudge
That's potentially excusable but they wont let us (the people) decide if we want to pick it up off a shelf or not. Basic honest to goodness 'Free choice' isn't there a name for a regime like that?

Or look at it another way, we've been brown nosing USA long enough... May as well lube up, get hazed and join the club! bffs ;)

New isn't always better:
Valves are still prefered over modern tech for certain applications. Mag reel backups, LP's aren't going anywhere (but wtf is a Philips CDI? ) ...
Old isn't always perfect either, Think of all those criminals! Compo claims for pulling their back out after a night stealing those crt tv's)...

When not even the people that call themselves leaders, can suck it it for 5 mins and agree the only thing you can make with lemons is F'in lemonade, what is the point of freaking... just cross ya fingers, wait for the dust to settle!
Either that or make sure you're 100% off grid by the time the door hits us in the ass! Haha

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
(but wtf is a Philips CDI? ) ...
From Wikipedia:

The Philips CD-i (an abbreviation of Compact Disc Interactive) is an interactive multimedia CD player developed and marketed by Dutch company Philips, who supported it from December 1991 to late 1998. It was created to provide more functionality than an audio CD player or game console, but at a lower price than a personal computer with a CD-ROM drive.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
1. I do not think it has. It has been agreed by the negotiators but I think required to be ratified by the EU Parliament. Currently there is no EU Parliament
2. The EU is a legal organisation, and signing the WA AFTER they have left, would be equivalent to a dead person signing a will...That is where the fudge would be needed
3. Yes but ...see #2
1. you are correct, the WA was endorsed by 27 leaders but has not been ratified by both parliaments.
2. I don't think there is any obstacle in ratifying the WA after a no deal brexit. It's a simple treaty.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
By

Bringing down the government/vote of no confidence. Of course boris will never take it that far. He should have put "hard brexit" on the side of a bus.
for them to bring down the government they will need some conservatives to vote against their own party. Some are saying they will but when push comes to shove and they realise it will be the death of the party they may reconsider

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
woo hold on there Tex.. I don't recall backpedaling on the HSE statement?
Ok i accept that was rantish, but was solely based on my own experience and not something seen/heard elsewhere clarified by a 2nd personal account... I strongly believe it was a relevant analogy to shake the pot with.
However it was only a reference point for me to join the debate and a further 20 questions to clarify the use of common sense within these new restrictions was not a relevant point... That said the people needing clarity on common sense questions which would only confuse children for the briefest of moments! Well they would probably need instruction on climbing a set of stairs to accompany the 3 points of contact rule! o_O we are back at my first case in point. The people behind the desks can't/won't/don't think outside their tiny, little, box!

I didn't have a gripe with the GM food, tbh i'm errr, 'Meh' about it!
It's that our peers are being so arrogant as to refuse a trade deal with that as their excuse... " yea ok, we will import it, but..."
US was our largest trading partner (last time i checked) it should have never got to this point, "sod it we'll just make do for now and sort it out after we slam that door!"...
Bit late phoning home to find out ya parents have turned your old room into a sex den! #ohfudge
That's potentially excusable but they wont let us (the people) decide if we want to pick it up off a shelf or not. Basic honest to goodness 'Free choice' isn't there a name for a regime like that?

Or look at it another way, we've been brown nosing USA long enough... May as well lube up, get hazed and join the club! bffs ;)

New isn't always better:
Valves are still prefered over modern tech for certain applications. Mag reel backups, LP's aren't going anywhere (but wtf is a Philips CDI? ) ...
Old isn't always perfect either, Think of all those criminals! Compo claims for pulling their back out after a night stealing those crt tv's)...

When not even the people that call themselves leaders, can suck it it for 5 mins and agree the only thing you can make with lemons is F'in lemonade, what is the point of freaking... just cross ya fingers, wait for the dust to settle!
Either that or make sure you're 100% off grid by the time the door hits us in the ass! Haha
Hi Flatcap.. please do not go.. It can get a bit rough in here, and one can be challenged to defend any assertion... but that is fair. Some people resort to personal abuse ,instead of argument,and that is not justifiable...
On a personal level I can sympathise with incompetence in ones bossess. Your sorry tale of carrying files up a stairs evokes similar memories. One continues to fight against these crazy restrictions from people who have read the manual and never understood its purpose. Then eventually one just gives up, says whatever and carrys on. I was getting to that stage, when the opportunity to retire .
The only comment I would make is that they are invariably not EU rules, but a failure to read and understand by the local individual.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
And GM foods? an entirely separate issue to Brexit
Should be - but not if we leave and that is both why and when we change our rules to allow GMO products which are currently not allowed. And bromine-based flour conditioner. And the fabled chlorinated chickens.

Advertisers