Brexit, for once some facts.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
maybe because we don't like the way Trump fights dirty.
Winning is important but the way you win is also important.
The way Trump conducted himself since 2016 is a horrific car crash in slow motion.
Which is dirtier - the way Trump calls people names on Twitter or the billionaires that forced the lockdown and made 1/2 trillion out of it?

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
No, the theory is that the Kraken was used to watch what was going on with the voting computers and to collect evidence. One would assume that that's how they knew about what was on the German servers that inspired their seizure.
Well its no goood if this vital information just rattles around in 8chan, CT sites and on a pedelec forum - why aren't the supposed facts underpinning your notions being presented to the courts by Trump and his cracpot legal team rather than ramblings about checkers distanced away from counters, and when pressed they say they're saying there wasn't any fraud more the imagined possibility - heck he's the President in charge of the military which you say has all the evidence. Is it all chaff and bluster till he runs out of steam and before he inevitably concedes.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and flecc

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
What a sensible way of spending NHS money:

NHS to enlist 'sensible' celebrities to persuade people to take coronavirus vaccine

Exclusive: People who are ‘known and loved’ will front campaign amid fears of low take-up
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/nov/29/nhs-enlist-sensible-celebrities-coronavirus-vaccine-take-up

The government, SAGE, NHS people, etc., have all burned through all the credibility and trust they might ever have had. Not that I will be trusting anyone who propagandises about the vaccine. (However much my own beliefs just might happen to align with what they are told to say.)

Ant and Dec
Strictly "stars"
David Attenborough
Judi Dench

I sincerely hope Marcus Rashford doesn't agree to do it. It will undermine his reputation and campaign.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
There's always winners somewhere when a crisis erupts, the worst example of profiteering was the face mask scandal. One type of face protector I use when I'm working on craft stuff cutting grinding etc went from a few pounds to £49.95 ! It was the same item, sellers just jumped in and filled their boots.
If you are as rich as Bezos then the gains will be huge, I use Amazon all the time so I'm helping him stay rich.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
There's always winners somewhere when a crisis erupts, the worst example of profiteering was the face mask scandal. One type of face protector I use when I'm working on craft stuff cutting grinding etc went from a few pounds to £49.95 ! It was the same item, sellers just jumped in and filled their boots.
If you are as rich as Bezos then the gains will be huge, I use Amazon all the time so I'm helping him stay rich.
I have managed to avoid Amazon - mostly - this year. Annoying, though, when products are cheaper on Amazon than through the company's own site.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Every attempt to scrap Obamacare is intended to ensure that the poor become worse off. (There has been no attempt to define, let alone provide, a replacement.)

We also have the bizarre situation in which Gates is slammed for trying to provide vaccines (for whatever disease). Yet, if we believe some of this crap, that should be the very last thing he should be choosing to do.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have managed to avoid Amazon - mostly - this year. Annoying, though, when products are cheaper on Amazon than through the company's own site.
The best way is the win, win way, avoid the consumption wherever possible.

That's best for the planet and your wealth.

• Agree

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Amazon use buying/selling algorithms on their website, if you know how they work you can outwit them. The software that runs those algorithms is written by humans so it's not perfect, you can get the better of it.
A couple of years back I had my eye on a DAB radio, every time I thought I'd found what I wanted I saw a better one so eventually I hunted down something that had everything. Radio,CD,MP3 playback, Bluetooth the lot but at a price...so I waited.
After a while it went up in price, that's the algorithm kicking in because someone has made a purchase.
Some people seeing that the stock level has dropped will dive in quick thinking they might sell out so the price stays high, then the sales drop off. After a while the price will drop(algorithm again) then you can jump yourself, buy the item and watch as it increases in price again. I got my Radio alright and paid £149 instead of £399, it's like a game of cards sometimes. I don't have a problem with Amazon because I know how it works, you just have to watch and study...you too could become a Jeff Bezos :)

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
That's fake news. We've been through all that before. Why are you recycling it?
This guy really is like a whack-a-mole. No matter how hard you whack him up he pops ten seconds later out of a different hole!

I swear we should be paying somebody money to do this.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
That's fake news. We've been through all that before. Why are you recycling it?
From your cosy Trumpian world of alternative facts I can understand why you reject it out of hand.

Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History

Founded in 1989, the Center for Public Integrity (CPI) is one of the country’s oldest and largest nonpartisan, nonprofit investigative news organizations with a mission “to serve democracy by revealing abuses of power, corruption and betrayal of public trust by powerful public and private institutions, using the tools of investigative journalism.” With over 50 staff members, the CPI is one of the largest nonprofit investigative centers in America. The Center releases its reports via its website to media outlets throughout the U.S. and around the globe. They won the Pulitzer Prize in 2014.

A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.

Overall, we rate the Center for Public Integrity (CPI) Left-Center Biased based on story selection and advocacy that favors mostly liberal positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/6/2016) Updated (10/18/2019)

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
The best way is the win, win way, avoid the consumption wherever possible.

That's best for the planet and your wealth.
Maybe. Buying stuff is nice too. Consuming things keeps life interesting. New gadgets and stuff that does interesting stuff. Why not? Two hundred years ago 95% of the population worked on the land farming. Now look.

OK so some idealists will tell you those days were better when consumption was less. I say boll0ocks to that. And the richer a country gets the more it takes care of the environment. So consumption does not just exponentially get out of control. People with money take more care because they're not so desperate. Poor countries with low consumption are the ones throwing all the plastic in the rivers and building coal-fired power stations.

And until they have our wealth they will continue to do so.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
From your cosy Trumpian world of alternative facts I can understand why you reject it out of hand.

Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History

Founded in 1989, the Center for Public Integrity (CPI) is one of the country’s oldest and largest nonpartisan, nonprofit investigative news organizations with a mission “to serve democracy by revealing abuses of power, corruption and betrayal of public trust by powerful public and private institutions, using the tools of investigative journalism.” With over 50 staff members, the CPI is one of the largest nonprofit investigative centers in America. The Center releases its reports via its website to media outlets throughout the U.S. and around the globe. They won the Pulitzer Prize in 2014.

A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.

Overall, we rate the Center for Public Integrity (CPI) Left-Center Biased based on story selection and advocacy that favors mostly liberal positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/6/2016) Updated (10/18/2019)

Wicky whacks the mole back in its hole!

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Why are you complaining things are cheaper somewhere new - like the same thing - cheaper. Why would anybody complain about that?

What because some guy who thought the thing up and developed this amazing machine (which is what Amazon is) that manages to price goods depending on how many people actually want them and sort out the logistics of getting them to those people - as well as provide massively new markets for millions of new products.... is going to make a buck out of it?

I say bravo whatever who cares if the consumer gets a better deal?

Have you seen what happens when you let governments figure this stuff out? (if not read some 1950s USSR history).

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Poor countries with low consumption are the ones throwing all the plastic in the rivers

This about sums up how up until recently the West has treated its waste

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012

This about sums up how up until recently the West has treated its waste

I remember reading somewhere (Scientific American?) something like 90% of plastic waste in the oceans comes from one or two rivers in Asia.

Advertisers