Brexit, for once some facts.

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
Is the Ann Summers store open tomorrow? Asking for a friend.

If they are shut, I’ll send my friend to B&Q. They should be able to get the materials they need to make something from there.

• :D
Reactions: oyster

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
The link below provides some info about how other countries are doing regarding getting the vaccine into peoples arms. I think most countries are struggling with this, France in particular is having a hard time (stop laughing Barry ;))does anyone know why they are so against vaccines?

I think we have the capacity to make half a million of the Oxford vaccine a week here in the UK, but the plan is to inject 2 million people a week before too long. I am not sure how we are going to do that, are we intending to ramp up the capacity from 0.5 M to 2 M in the AZ facility or are we hoping to import more vaccine.

The impression I get from reading the article linked below is that countries who manufacture vaccines are going to look after their own people first (it sounds like that is what India is going to be doing) before they think about exporting any vaccine. I can understand why they would do this, politicians are going to be under a lot of pressure from their own populations to not export vaccines if many of their own populations have not been vaccinated.

Here is the link
Covid vaccinations: slow start around world brings dose of reality | Coronavirus | The Guardian

• Informative
Reactions: POLLY and oyster

Jesus H Christ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 31, 2020
The link below provides some info about how other countries are doing regarding getting the vaccine into peoples arms. I think most countries are struggling with this, France in particular is having a hard time (stop laughing Barry ;))does anyone know why they are so against vaccines?

I think we have the capacity to make half a million of the Oxford vaccine a week here in the UK, but the plan is to inject 2 million people a week before too long. I am not sure how we are going to do that, are we intending to ramp up the capacity from 0.5 M to 2 M in the AZ facility or are we hoping to import more vaccine.

The impression I get from reading the article linked below is that countries who manufacture vaccines are going to look after their own people first (it sounds like that is what India is going to be doing) before they think about exporting any vaccine. I can understand why they would do this, politicians are going to be under a lot of pressure from their own populations to not export vaccines if many of their own populations have not been vaccinated.

Here is the link
Covid vaccinations: slow start around world brings dose of reality | Coronavirus | The Guardian
Maybe the licensing agreement should have included a paragraph ensuring that anyone manufacturing under licence is obligated to supply a percentage to the country which developed the vaccine?

I can foresee the U.K. being severely lagging behind other countries in the vaccination role out. It would not surprise me at all to see other countries with a greater supply of the Oxford vaccine than ourselves. I have a sinking feeling that this government will **** it all up, yet again.

When India get going, churning this stuff out, they will probably sell it into the EU, and then we will be reduced to buying our own vaccine at grossly inflated prices from EU nations.

I wonder how long before you can pay to skip the queue to be vaccinated? The urge to profit from this national emergency must be overwhelming for some people.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Maybe the licensing agreement should have included a paragraph ensuring that anyone manufacturing under licence is obligated to supply a percentage to the country which developed the vaccine?

I can foresee the U.K. being severely lagging behind other countries in the vaccination role out. It would not surprise me at all to see other countries with a greater supply of the Oxford vaccine than ourselves. I have a sinking feeling that this government will **** it all up, yet again.

When India get going, churning this stuff out, they will probably sell it into the EU, and then we will be reduced to buying our own vaccine at grossly inflated prices from EU nations.

I wonder how long before you can pay to skip the queue to be vaccinated? The urge to profit from this national emergency must be overwhelming for some people.
I checked if any had appeared on Ebay, no so far today... :D
Mind you there is a newly formed company here that it might be worth checking with in case they have any surplus stocks, or a little something under the counter.
Flashing a Conservative party member badge might help there
It opens up a world of opportunity you know.
And remember when you do to say the passwords
"Brexit Bonus" ;)

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Only the Express would have the warped imagination to gaslight in this fashion
"
Brexit LIVE: EU crumbles as Irish fishermen turn on allies - 'Macron got what HE wanted!'
IRISH fishermen have turned on their European allies over their English Channel access and quota allowances, arguing France got what they demanded in the post-Brexit trade deal with the UK."

What will these idiots come out with next?

Reactions: oyster

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
A US military B757, occasionally used for presidential transport, has booked a landing slot at Prestwick Airport on the day of Biden's inauguration. The advance notice is to allow security arrangements to be put in place and for Police Scotland to move its panda car to Ayrshire.
I wonder if Trump is intending to join the other orange morons in the west of Scotland.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
A US military B757, occasionally used for presidential transport, has booked a landing slot at Prestwick Airport on the day of Biden's inauguration. The advance notice is to allow security arrangements to be put in place and for Police Scotland to move its panda car to Ayrshire.
I wonder if Trump is intending to join the other orange morons in the west of Scotland.
Or is it for Pence? Or is it a distraction?

Imagine Trump deciding to live beyond the reach of USA law (as he might see it). How would we react? Allow him to live there regardless visa requirements, USA law suits, and whatever other things might be significant? Seeming to conduct his campaigns from Scotland?

How much more impetus could that give Scottish independence? If UK government allowed him to remain, I can see the SNP doing everything they can to get rid of him. With support from many even non-SNP voters.

(Not long enough for Police Scotland to move the real pandas from Edinburgh zoo - back to China. They can't afford the rental.)

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The US election is getting very interesting. there's all sorts of weird things going around at the moment, like pictures of a bathroom said to be clipped from a video telling one of the judges involved to come clean or the rest of the video will be shown.

Project veritas claims that they had completely infiltrated Georgia and are about to release their evidence. The Attorny for North Georgia has suddenly and inexplicably resigned.

Patrick Byrne says that they have seized the shredded remains of hundreds of thousands thousands of ballots that were shredded after the counting, and not only can they show that some of them are counterfeit, but they have the actual shipping docs with them that showed they came from China. Putting all the diffent witnesses and evidence together, they're saying that there was a massive operation of printing ballots in Michigan, shipping them to new York boiler room, where they were filled in by a team of people, then shipped on to Pensylvania, where they were counted. Pensylvania has its own printing, so none shoud come from Michigan, but micro-examination of the evidential ones, shows that they did. They say that they have witnesses, videos, etc. from every stage of the journey.

The Gateway Pundit has posted:
The state of Wisconsin has reportedly announced that it will introduce a resolution on Thursday morning to decertify the state’s electoral college votes and award them to President Trump.

Jovan Pulitzer has shown to a hearing in Georgia that there were two types of ballot paper: Normal ones were sent to dem areas and a second type that had an alignment mark mismatch were sent to the the republican areas. When the papers were scanned by the machines, they couldn't read the ones with the alignment mark mispositioned, so the machine rejected them for adjudication, which means that the machine operator had to enter manually who the vote was for. 97.5% of the votes were adjudicated according to the data from the system. Normally, that would be in the range 0% to 2%. If this is true, you've got to hand it to the guys that came up with that idea, and also to the guys that found it.

I think what's happening now is that the dirt is starting to fly. People were bought off or had a lot to gain in another way, and now the other side is threatening to release their dirt on them, some of it will be bluff based on rumours. I guess the ones with the most dirt or the ones with the strongest nerves win.

The Biden side has been very quiet while all this is going on. The only news I've heard from his side is that he cancelled his inauguration rally. Some are saying because nobody bought any tickets, others are saying because of covid. Meanwhile, Trump supporters are flocking to Trump's stop the Steal rally tomorrow, and the authorities are trying to do everything to stop them.

Tomorrow will be a very interesting day for anybody following this. Is Biden quietly confident or is he scared to say anything? I can't get enough of this story that I've been following for 4 years. It'll be a shame when it comes to an end.

Where's Hunter? The computer repair shop owner is suing Twitter for $1/2billion and the trusworthy lawyers are saying that he's going to win.

Ghislaine Maxwell is still in jail waiting for her case to come up. They got Jean-Luc Brunel too recently, and some are saying that he's likely to squeal like a pig. I wonder if what they know or say will have any influence on the election result.

Last edited:
Reactions: POLLY

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's Trump taking a party of his friends to play golf at Balmedie, flying on by helicopter from there. They're using Prestwick for security reasons.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Would be a wise move by Trump.

Following the USA's attempt to extradite Gary MacKinnon failing on grounds of Gary's mental condition, Trump wouldn't have the slightest difficulty in getting us to accept that he's too mentally ill for extradition and trial.

Reactions: oyster and Woosh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Here is the link
What's the vaccine going to do? They said that the virus has mutated. Vaccines have to be developed separately for seperate mutations. That's why you have to have a new flu jab every year. The Covid vaccine will be for the old version of the virus and it'll be a year before they have one for the present version.

Reactions: POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What's the vaccine going to do? They said that the virus has mutated. Vaccines have to be developed separately for seperate mutations.
that's the old way of making vaccine, using the whole virus.
The new way of making vaccines work on a small section of the virus's genome.
As long as the mutated virus contains that same section, the vaccine should work in the same way. It's like using fingerprinting to identify someone rather than his images.

Advertisers