Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Nobody more competent, more socially minded or any body with more capability will be replacing Johnson. It will be somebody more likely to toe party line and will not have been elected.
Don't forget the last time when 6 candidates run in the selection to replace TM.
This time, we know that the likely candidates are Sunak, Truss, Gove and Hunt.
where is your proof that they are worse than BJ?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Really? how many tens of thousands died as a consequence of their actions?
The man needs to be arrested immediately on a charge of crimes against the people
Think you are getting Blair and Johnson confused OG??
And by the way OG. If Johnson goes it will be the very group of people who were against locking down getting rid of him and that very same group of people choosing his successor.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Don't forget the last time when 6 candidates run in the selection to replace TM.
This time, we know that the likely candidates are Sunak, Truss, Gove and Hunt.
where is your proof that they are worse than BJ?
Are you getting a vote then Woosh?
And perhaps in isolation or personally they are well qualified, but that's almost irrelevant. They will be in power at the command of mentioned back benchers and 1922 Committee. They will by sheer reason of their route to no 10 be far more influenced by right of party. And they will not have been put their by electorate. Which to my mind is another wrong but seems you approve.
We have no idea either who is in running or who will be eventual winner and absolutely no say in the choice,at any stage of selection. It's not democracy... Was wrong when Blair did it and wrong now.(can't remember who exactly but many on here said it was wrong when Cameron resigned handing power to an unelected PM?)
We should be forced into a GE, but if that were case, none of this would be happening.
Why can't Starmer call for a no confidence vote in Government?? I wonder?
Most of you are forgetting Tories got in power with an 83 seat majority with Johnson as figure head.. "oh, we don't like him now, he's too left wing, let's get rid of him and put IDS in charge".. And you are supporting it. Madness.
Suspect IDS, much as he won't be pm, will certainly be pulling strings. Again, I wonder why..??
But if you want a more right wing government, fine, support getting rid of Boris. We might get a more competent PM? Who knows? IDS perhaps. Nobody else.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum, and many on here are supportive.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Are you getting a vote then Woosh?
And perhaps in isolation or personally they are well qualified, but that's almost irrelevant. They will be in power at the command of mentioned back benchers and 1922 Committee. They will by sheer reason of their route to no 10 be far more influenced by right of party. And they will not have been put their by electorate. Which to my mind is another wrong but seems you approve.
We have no idea either who is in running or who will be eventual winner and absolutely no say in the choice,at any stage of selection. It's not democracy... Was wrong when Blair did it and wrong now.(can't remember who exactly but many on here said it was wrong when Cameron resigned handing power to an unelected PM?)
We should be forced into a GE, but if that were case, none of this would be happening.
Why can't Starmer call for a no confidence vote in Government?? I wonder?
are you up to date with the selection procedure?
Assume that you are, the parliamentary conservative party will put two best candidates to members vote. Even if the ERG/CRG tries tactically to eliminate both Hunt and Gove, they are unlikely to succeed in eliminating both.
That will probably leave Sunak and Hunt or Sunak and Gove to face the membership.
So we are talking about those likely 3. At the last race (2019), Hunt came second, Gove came third. It was rumored that the ERG tactically voted for Hunt to eliminate Gove. They feared Gove may beat Johnson.
My question to you is why do you think BJ is better than all of those 3?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
are you up to date with the selection procedure?
Assume that you are, the parliamentary conservative party will put two best candidates to members vote. Even if the ERG/CRG tries tactically to eliminate both Hunt and Gove, they are unlikely to succeed in eliminating both.
That will probably leave Sunak and Hunt or Sunak and Gove to face the membership.
So we are talking about those likely 3. At the last race (2019), Hunt came second, Gove came third. It was rumored that the ERG tactically voted for Hunt to eliminate Gove. They feared Gove may beat Johnson.
My question to you is why do you think BJ is better than all of those 3?
He was the one who won the election.
He is the elected PM, yours will be an MP selected by your post GE selection process.
And it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever who you or I would prefer. Its out of our hands.
Who goes forward and who is in race is pure speculation on your part.
Not convinced about any of the mentioned even after consideration they were not the elected PM.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He was the one who won the election.
He is the elected PM, yours will be an MP selected by your post GE selection process.
We are talking about who will replace BJ, probably in time for the next PM to open the conservative party conference in October.
My question to you was 'where is your proof that they (Sunak, Hunt and Gove) are worse than BJ?'
One of them will be likely that next PM.
I understand the first line of your reply, but not the second line, 'Why my PM will be an MP selected by your post GE selection process'?

Can you put that in plain English?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I understand the first line of your reply, but not the second line, 'Why my PM will be an MP selected by your post GE selection process'?

Can you put that in plain English?
As the self appointed translator for this thread, I believe Zlatan is saying that BJ isn't going anywhere,

So the next PM will be whoever wins the next GE, and given it's primarily the English who will decide that, it could even be BJ again, because they really can be that stupid.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
As the self appointed translator for this thread, I believe Zlatan is saying that BJ isn't going anywhere,

So the next PM will be whoever wins the next GE, and given it's primarily the English who will decide that, it could even be BJ again, because they really can be that stupid.
thank you for the translation. He could have simply said that BJ isn't going anywhere.
zlatan is stubborn alright.
I reckon BJ will go by July before the summer recess.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
thank you for the translation. He could have simply said that BJ isn't going anywhere.
zlatan is stubborn alright.
Putting it simpler, any PM elected by the party after the last GE (ie now) was not actually put in office by the electorate. He/she will be elected to PM purely by the party. (ie after the small event of last election)
To appoint a PM with electorate approval we need a GE. Country didn't just elect Tories, it elected Tories led by Johnson.
Imagine Starmer won election, then his own party sack him for having a drink with a group of other revellers and elect Diane Abott as new PM..
Boris is being hunted out by Cummings and Stuart Brady for completely different reasons. Cummings will skulk into the unknown in a few months, Brady will be pulling strings of whoever gets appointed PM for next 2 years and then they will wheel Boris back out to win next election.
Leave him in power or get rid of him for real reasons. Parties will be forgotten next year.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I hope he survives for the following reasons:

1) A replacement will give this government a chance to straighten out enough over the next two years to win again, given the huge electoral imbalance in the UK. That would mean 7 more years of them.

2) Without a clear winner we could be back to a hung parliament.

3) That in turn could mean back to the yo-yo of alternate governments without Labour getting sufficient majorities to undo the Tory harm each time.

That is why I want BJ to stay and escalate the harm he's doing for a couple more years, since it could finally drive the public to reject him and the Tory government long term, rather than just off the hook for five years.

Reactions: Zlatan

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
... with an expensive bridge/tunnel obsession:

Research into Johnson’s planned Irish Sea bridge cost taxpayers £900,000
Study found it would be ‘impossible to justify’ creating a fixed link between Scotland and Northern Ireland
Pity .. I was prepared to tell him that for 10K

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm sure any of us could! About five minutes with a browser would be sufficient.
We actually did at the time, very thoroughly and free.

Our research showed that the depth of the sea trench across the obvious route was so great that it ruled out any feasability of either a tunnel or a bridge.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster and Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Think you are getting Blair and Johnson confused OG??
And by the way OG. If Johnson goes it will be the very group of people who were against locking down getting rid of him and that very same group of people choosing his successor.
No I am not. We can't change the past even if you insist on clinging to it, but we can change the future, but first clear out the present monster. and then the next in due course , for who knows what this idiot will do next?

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Zlatan and Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No I am not. We can't change the past even if you insist on clinging to it, but we can change the future, but first clear out the present monster. and then the next in due course , for who knows what this idiot will do next?
Levelling accusations against Johnson which are provably wrong or absolutely impossible to prove true are one of reasons he has flourished. The entire set of accusations get dismissed.
With UK sat in 31st position on World Wide rankings of deaths per 1 million with a rate almost one third of country with highest(Peru has 6000 plus deaths per million, we have 2234) it just sounds the normal we hate Boris narrative.
Perhaps you could offer some data showing exactly how he has killed these thousands of people. An especially ironic opinion when many think Government has locked down far too much and over reacted to covid, especially so with Omicron. In fact I suspect the root cause of the current fiasco is the right of his Party thinking he has hurt economy and spent too much trying to fight the pandemic. IDS wanted to do nothing, just let it run wild.
Said it before, but it's coming to pass, we should all be careful what we wish for. Get rid of Boris and who knows who we will get.

Throughout the pandemic UK has fairly constantly been around 10% better than Italy and 10% worse than France(on deaths per million) . Both countries with similar socioeconomic/geographic /ethnic /population densities to ours. ... So just claiming Johnson is somehow responsible for thousands of deaths is at best debatable and does not follow the data.
Your statement can certainly not be proven.Its an opinion based on prejudice.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Your statement can certainly not be proven.Its an opinion based on prejudice.
Just follow the polls. Labour has 13% lead at the moment. Not because Starmer has said anything interesting but because BJ digs a bigger hole all by himself for himself one week after another.
BJ is on the way out, that why's Labour likes him to stay to consolidate their lead.
At the last PMQ, Bruce asked the audience again, if anyone in the audience would speak for BJ. None raised their hand. In the previous week, one put up his hand and defended BJ in a similar way like you do here. So his support in BBCQT goes from 1 to zero despite the selected audience has about 50% voted for BJ last time.

Another PM would certainly entice conservative voters back.

Last edited:

Advertisers