Brexit, for once some facts.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
debt interest payment will hit record level in 2028: £548 billions. It's not a misprint!
This year, it's only £115 billions. It's already a lot of money. So why this chancellor give to the highest earners as much tax free pension contribution as they want?

the total cost of paying for the nation's £2.5 trillion debt pile is set to hit an eye-watering £548 billion by 2028 – enough to fund the next three years of healthcare.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
debt interest payment will hit record level in 2028: £548 billions. It's not a misprint!
This year, it's only £115 billions. It's already a lot of money. So why this chancellor give to the highest earners as much tax free pension contribution as they want?

the total cost of paying for the nation's £2.5 trillion debt pile is set to hit an eye-watering £548 billion by 2028 – enough to fund the next three years of healthcare.
I will thankfully probably be dead by then, but I do feel very sorry for the young who will be facing this future. It really is an terrible injustice.

The chancellor's excuse is to keep the senior doctors working, but whether that will happen is a moot point.

We are far from alone of course, the USA six times our population has ten times the national debt, but they are much better able to service it with their productivity level.

Conversely Russia has the lowest national debt of all the large countries, at 18% of GDP around one sixth of those of the UK and USA, some 107% and 128% respectively.

Strange how invasion works for them but not for the USA and UK. Perhaps because they so rarely ever invade other countries while we do it all the time?

Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This is for the Russian invasion. I'm not ready for the Russian invasion

UK launches emergency phone alerts public warning system

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
UK launches emergency phone alerts public warning system
Only works on 4G and 5G.

Only claimed to reach 90%, so in truth less than 80% of mobile phone users** and 70% of the public at large if we are lucky.

So another useless waste of money like smart meters.

** Ask the energy suppliers about the high proportion of smart meters that don't work due to no signal.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i dont think the table from IKEA can handle a direct impact from a thermal nuclear weapon tho :oops:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Think the warning for that is bit like taking brace position on plane as it crashes.. To kiss your bits goodbye.
i do that every time i go out on my bike went round m8s got pissed and rode home with my sunglasses on with no light in the near dark.

i locked the rear 2 times and nearly got splatted skidding in front of a car then done it again at a round about then fire man sam tried to kill me going to fast round a corner and pushed me to the curb it was that close lol. :p

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the frogs are celebrating again :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Pensioners really are more energetic and heathier over there, must be all that wine garlic and cheese.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
everything is going to $hit last night about 8 amazon turn up with my robot like wtf then had to go to the jcp today and my adviser was eus got a bit pi$$ED i kept calling her that and why and said you logo was on upside down sue, if you change it to Zeus that will solve that one but you aint no god but if you revese that word it looks like one of those.

7.45pm fkn amazon turn up again and give me another robot and its the same fkn one and i only paid for one like wtf :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

its a link to the future :p

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The DUP have indicated that they will vote AGAINST the Windsor Framework .. No surprise there... On one level I expect them to privately hope that it goes through, and by voting NO SURRENDER , they keep their scruples intact . And allow themselves the luxury of denying democracy in NI. It has been rightly said that the DUP will not miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
:p

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Back in the "(EU)SSR"
'Do not pass GO, do not collect..' :D
European Electronic Communications Code (EECC)
"Although the UK has left the EU, under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement, the UK remains under an obligation to implement EU Directives into domestic law. ".
Oops!

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Back in the "(EU)SSR"
'Do not pass GO, do not collect..' :D
European Electronic Communications Code (EECC)
"Although the UK has left the EU, under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement, the UK remains under an obligation to implement EU Directives into domestic law. ".
Oops!
Of course we we haven't really left the EU.

With typically British ingenuity we've only left the best bits.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
“I just think time is moving on, opportunities are moving on.

“But there’s one thing you always need to remember is not to annoy people too much in life.

“If I was a northern politician today, I wouldn’t want to annoy Washington, I wouldn’t like to annoy Westminster, I wouldn’t like to annoy the British government, I wouldn’t like to annoy the European Parliament, I wouldn’t like to annoy the Irish government.

“And I certainly wouldn’t like to annoy them all.”

Spoken today by Bertie Aherrn ..who was the Irish PM , back in the day of the actual signing of the Good Friday Agreement..and he was not talking about the Alliance or SF!

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No it's not an April fools joke:

Russia has automatically taken on the rotating job of being head of the UN Security Council, a function to ensure world peace.

President Vladimir Putin says he will be speaking about a new world order as part of the job.

That's if he can stop himself giggling at finding himself in this post.

Last edited:

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Russia has automatically taken on the rotating job of being head of the UN Security Council, a function to ensure world peace.

President Vladimir Putin says he will be speaking about a new world order as part of the job.
Hmmm.
Is he going to support the current push for a new world order?
Or is he going to try and warn the world about the current push for a new world order ??

Advertisers