Brown marks on my Kalkhoff battery

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Hi Osho (Peter),

Looks like arcing on the negative terminal. Checked my wife's new Tasman, which hasn't done that much in mileage, only 176 miles and not all of that assisted, and hers also has similar arcing marks on the -ve terminal. She is still using her old ProConnect on which she's covered 11,500 essentially trouble free miles, which I have to say I think was a better build quality. Also I note that the terminal block that the battery locates into 'floats' in it's mounting (i.e. is loose and not fixed). The old ProConnect connectors were fixed.

Add to that, I just discovered that because her new bike is a 26" wheel size, the trip meter, and therefore the max assist speed is inaccurate by at least 5%, it overestimates distance (as measured by GPS) so it will have to go back to have it's software changed. They are obviously all programmed to be the 27" wheel. Quality control seems to be missing a bit nowadays either at the factory or pre delivery checks by 50cycles. Cannot remember if yours is a 26 or 27 inch wheel?

Mike

Reactions: Osho

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
osho

Ckeck out one-box's post below, he's had to have a battery replacement due to. -ve terminal problem . We need to watch this one closely.

2015 Kalkoff Tasman Impulse 8 HS 17Ah low step 46cm frame

Reactions: Osho

Advertisers