Busch & Müller IQ-X 150

Trekkie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 22, 2018
Leicestershire
followimg on from another thread of mine regarding lights I’ve just fitted a B&M IQ-X 150. Some pictures attached. I will post how it goes after my commute tomorrow.

Attachments

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That holder is really crappy unless you have the right bars. Mine flare out at just the wrong place. Also the light up there is very exposed as I found out when the bike fell over in the train...

The beam is much rounder than I expected on your garage door, my b+m lights are all very rectangular. Waiting for your on road report.

Trekkie

Jul 22, 2018
Leicestershire
I’m afraid I didn’t make it out the door with the bike today, got up and it was pouring down so took the car. Hopefully Friday will be the day for bike commuting,
Regarding the mount, I was surprised it wasn’t metal when it arrived but seems to fit ok.

Trekkie

Jul 22, 2018
Leicestershire
So, did my commute today, 16 miles each way mainly on unlit country lanes. First impressions of the light are good, it’s not as bright as I was expecting but the beam contol is excellent. The beam has a definite horizontal cut off at about 10 metres in front of the bike, from the cut off back there is a bright section which gives you enough light to see any potential issues. Maximum speed on my ride was about 22 mph and there seemed to be enough light to see any hazards and take action. There was no discernible change in battery usage based on the 2 hours of use.

I have also bought a supernova E3 taillight that i’ll fit this weekend. Looking forward to having a set of decent integrated lights.

Advertisers