Byocycle cut out

phil01

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2017
Dartford Kent
Hi, I have a byocycle city speed folder and was impressed that talked my mum into buying a used but very low usage byocycle Chameleon so she can commute to the local hospital to visit my dad.

She came out of visiting last Sat eve and powered the bike up, all display lit and then found she had NO assistance at all by throttle or assist,
I collected the bike and got it home, checked everything out and all wires battery base volts and connectors fully intact with no physical or water damage,
What I did notice is that If you power up and leave it it stays in that state but with no assistance, but the moment you move the bike 10mm forward or backwards then the display will flash power level 4 LED but this will only flash 8f you move the bike.
Also noticed that If you lift when rear wheel of the ground and then operate throttle it will start to spin the wheel for 3 secs then cut out and then flash no4 power level LED, also it then really growls like an angry dog.
I suspect a hall sensor but that is far as I can diagnose.

I spoke to BYOcycles and was disappointed to hear that hall sensors are not sold as a replacement....new motor required.

Please if anyone can help or advise me to trace and diagnose the fault, I have a good mechanical and electrical background as been a mechanic for 44yrs and a Lexus master tech for 22yrs, but no experience of e bikes.
Many many thanks as I need to get mum sorted asap

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Advertisers