Campaigning for cycling with local authroities

mark sutton

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2016
Hi All,

Didn't think this one was suitable for the main forum, but i've just spent some time compiling a bit of an archive that might be of use to anyone battling their local authority on cycling issues.

Plenty of evidence, best practice, myth-busting and suppliers of share bikes etc all rounded up in one place: http://cyclingindustry.news/the-advocates-resource-the-evidence-you-need-to-build-a-case-for-cycling-in-your-area/

Feel free to use or even to suggest improvements or additions as this is a rolling document.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Nice one Mark - will pass that on.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Hi All,

Didn't think this one was suitable for the main forum, but i've just spent some time compiling a bit of an archive that might be of use to anyone battling their local authority on cycling issues.

Great contribution, many thanks. I'll forward it to my LA. I last tackled them on the idea of making cycling more accessible by suggesting that all A & B roads be made one-way for motor vehicles and two
-way for cycles. They are obviously considering the suggestion in depth because I haven't received their decision yet (five years after I posted it to them!)

Advertisers