Can anyone identify this plug

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Can anyone point me to one of these please, it is in one of my slide in batteries, I could strip down the battery to get it but there is still a reasonable amount of life left in the battery. I need it to be able to make up a patch lead from kettle plug to this two pin socket. Or maybe someone has an old battery about to be dumped with one in.
Thanks for any help.power plug.jpg

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I've spent a good half hour looking for the same socket - I'm usually pretty good at locating stuff online

I've totally failed, sorry to say

D8veh has an easy way round that though

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks, yeh I`m usually pretty good at searching out fittings myself, I have this fitting on my Aurora for the original battery and also both of my Alien conversion kits.
I could put a Kettle chassis socket in but that would prevent me from using the aurora battery that still has a fair bit of life left. I could use the worst alien conversion battery and remove the male fitting which would allow me to make a short patch lead up for use with the Li-poly and then remove it for the Aurora battery.
Shame alien have finished, they probably had some duff batteries laying around.
If i can`t find one I`ll probably have to drill a hole in the controller housing and solder in a short second lead to a separate kettle plug socket at the side.
Of course there will come a time when any of my batteries that use that fitting will be dead and a kettle plug substitute in it`s place will be the answer.
I don`t want to go to the trouble of fitting a switch so the new kettle plug patch will be live when the aurora battery is in situ but that`s not a problem.
There must be a hell of a lot of these unusual 2 pin sockets in use so it`s strange that we can`t track them down.

Thanks for looking lads.

Dave

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks, yeh I`m usually pretty good at searching out fittings myself, I have this fitting on my Aurora for the original battery and also both of my Alien conversion kits.
I could put a Kettle chassis socket in but that would prevent me from using the aurora battery that still has a fair bit of life left. I could use the worst alien conversion battery and remove the male fitting which would allow me to make a short patch lead up for use with the Li-poly and then remove it for the Aurora battery.
Shame alien have finished, they probably had some duff batteries laying around.
If i can`t find one I`ll probably have to drill a hole in the controller housing and solder in a short second lead to a separate kettle plug socket at the side.
Of course there will come a time when any of my batteries that use that fitting will be dead and a kettle plug substitute in it`s place will be the answer.
I don`t want to go to the trouble of fitting a switch so the new kettle plug patch will be live when the aurora battery is in situ but that`s not a problem.
There must be a hell of a lot of these unusual 2 pin sockets in use so it`s strange that we can`t track them down.

Thanks for looking lads.

Dave
I stripped down the oldest battery and made up a patch lead with the built in chassis plug, works fine (is it the only one of it`s kind in existence:)
Just some thoughts, the battery components , fittings ,wiring etc etc are very well made and the soldering and quality of the cabling is very good. What a pity that such a very well made item has such a short life span considering how well made it is and the cost of replacements or equivalents. I`m used to electronic equipment in as much as my radios and something put together as well as that if it were a transmitting radio could last a lifetime almost.

Advertisers