Cannondale Super V BBS02

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I thought I'd do a quick thread on my recent BBS02 500W build. I purchased the motor from Eclipse bikes and batteries from Insat Intl after research here. Both companies have been great to deal with and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

The original idea was to fit the BBS to the uber-rare Super V 3000 DH we have, but after much swearing and scratching of head I discovered that there was no way it would fit, so the wifes 1996 Super V 900 Carbon was dusted off, re-commissioned and given a new lease of life.

The brake /motor cutout magnetic switch has been fitted to the left/rear brake lever and the bite point slackened off so I can use it as a clutch for downshifting. The 48t dinnerplate that doubled as a chainwheel has been junked in favour of a home-made adaptor and 34t Raceface NW one (although there is a 38t version going to be fitted soon as the 22mph top speed is lacking in places). 12 gauge silicone wire was used throughout with colour matched heatshrink to minimise the impact of the wires. Two batteries can be used, depending on use; a 22.3Ah using Boston Powercells and a 11.6Ah/Samsung 29e in a Topeak saddlebag, giving me a 100+ and 50 mile range respectively.

I decided to build this after riding a Haibike for a few months and getting the bug. For a sixth of the price of the new Haibike, I now have a bike that will run rings around up in the hills, weighs in at 42lbs ready to ride and looks a lot better (IMO of course). The Haibike has now been donated to the missus for her to learn on and hopefully get the bug too.

Another 500W motor has been purchased and will soon be fitted to a 2004 S-Works Enduro with some tasty parts thrown in, to enable friends to come out and enjoy the Pennines with us. Until then, here's a couple of pics from my phone of the Super V (sorry about the quality and orientation!)...

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
neat!

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Advertisers