Change LCD display for more speed

Andreas

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Hi,

I need your advice on an idea of mine.

My pedelec, an Ecoride Ambassador 2016 with 28 inch wheels, is of course restricted to 25 km/h (27 km/h in reality). In the display there is not, at least what I know of, possible to make any settings of interest.

I managed to find an online partslist för Ecoride with pretty much all parts on their bikes listed. Here I noticed that the dispaly, they all look the same, has diferent parts number depending on Wheel size.

Is it possible that just changing the display to one intended for a bike with smaller wheels would increase the speed? A display för a 26 inch wheels bike would if this theory works increase the speed by about 7%.

The Engine is a Bafang and is marked BF1604D10872-1 and I have no idea of the rpm. However it is clearly the speedlimiter the cuts at 27 km/h and not the Engine.

Thanx for Reading, I look forward to your adwise.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Led or lcd handle bar display .

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
If you can chop and change wheel size, then why not try it yourself? You can always change it back if it doesn't work.

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
The wheel size just gives you the correct speed of the bike so putting in a bigger or smaller size will only show the wrong speed and not make the bike any faster or slower

Reactions: Pemby66

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
The LCD screens on the parts list are all the same, prob. just set for different wheel sizes. I see on some of the controllers that there is a black and white wire connected together, this could be speed limiting, try disconnecting them.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Its ok showing us a parts list link but what we really need to see is an actual pic of your bikes controllers wiring nicely separated and a pic of the handle bar display that's on your bike.

• Agree

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The LCD screens on the parts list are all the same, prob. just set for different wheel sizes. I see on some of the controllers that there is a black and white wire connected together, this could be speed limiting, try disconnecting them.
The controller is Lishui AFAIK they are not known for having restriction wiring , best bet is a speed increae via a lcd/display.
My Lishui with basic kingmeter display and other compatible displays I have all allow speed adjustment.

• Informative

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
If you can chop and change wheel size, then why not try it yourself? You can always change it back if it doesn't work.
I can not change the wheel size in my display. To change the wheel size I need to order a new dispaly and I just wanted check with you guys first.

• Informative

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
I have tried this and disconnecting them enabels the twist throttle but the speed limit is still there unfortunately.

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Its ok showing us a parts list link but what we really need to see is an actual pic of your bikes controllers wiring nicely separated and a pic of the handle bar display that's on your bike.
Sure, here is a pic of the controller I had in my phone. I can fix better pics with the Cables as soon as I get to the garage on thursday.

My display looks just like this one:

https://www.google.se/search?q=display+ecoride+ambassador&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVxfCn957aAhWHKiwKHVxvAfIQ_AUICigB&biw=1477&bih=741#imgrc=bgIidmVwpwKPBM:

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pictures please !!!!:mad:.

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
The controller is Lishui AFAIK they are not known for having restriction wiring , best bet is a speed increae via a lcd/display.
My Lishui with basic kingmeter display and other compatible displays I have all allow speed adjustment.
Ok, so this means the display trick might work? Is it a better bet to go with a kingmeter than with the original display for smaller Wheel bike?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your display looks to be an lcd, I assume it has a wired remote button pad to change assist levels etc and to turn the bikes system on and off. If it has + & - buttons try holding them simultaneously for about 10 secs, you should be able to get in to some basic settings.

• Agree

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Your display looks to be an lcd, I assume it has a wired remote button pad to change assist levels etc and to turn the bikes system on and off. If it has + & - buttons try holding them simultaneously for about 10 secs, you should be able to get in to some basic settings.
Yes, its an LCD. I tried and managed to get to the settings menu. The meter looks very much like this meter:

http://www.esonic.lt/manuals/WH527.pdf

Only that I can not reach all the settings from the link above. I only manage to reach level och backlighet etc. The other menus with speed settings etc are not available on me display.

Is it maby possible that I may reach them if I change the display for a Kingmeter WH527?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Try disconnecting the linked white and black wire as they both emit from the controller, they might be speed restriction wires. White is often associated with a speed link.

Just read #10 :rolleyes:, you have already tried.

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Try disconnecting the linked white and black wire as they both emit from the controller, they might be speed restriction wires. White is often associated with a speed link.
This I have tried. Speed is still unfortunately still 25 km/h but it enables the twist throttle.

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Update, since no one seem to know for sure I decided to give it a try. I ordered a King-meter display yesterday and as soon as it arrives I will try and se if it will bring me the opportunity to change the max speed.

Reactions: Wheel-E

Advertisers