Converting an Intuvia to Purion

Virtualmeuk

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 10, 2016
Warwickshire
Does anyone know if this is possible and whats involved.

I really want to get rid of the intuvia as it takes up way to much space and it to big and gets in the way all the time.

Would love to go to the smaller Purion display.

MarkH

Nov 14, 2015
It's possible to exchange the intuvia for the Purion. The motor has to be removed so you can remove the intuvia plug and lead then refit the purion. Pretty easy job for a Bosch ebike trained dealer.

Reactions: GregorM

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
I'm also interested in this. I guess warranty is voided if you do it yourself? I Thought it could be a nice oportunity to update software also

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Virtualmeuk

Nov 10, 2016
Warwickshire
Thanks for the reply's.

Trouble is for me that i am miles away from a proper approved Bosch dealer and i have all the skills to do it myself anyway. I have never taken a bike to a shop to be fixed and have been working on them myself for more that 30 years. I also used to work for an electronics firm for 2 years building all sorts of weird and wonderful one off machines and cabinets so i have a fair amount of electronics experience.

Don't know why you would void warranty? after all, if you are not splicing into or hacking anything just unplugging and re plugging etc then that should not void any warranties. The same would be if you were replacing a car stereo that would not void your warranty on a car.

I was more concerned whether you would have to get a software update or make any modifications to any parts to make it fit.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I'm also interested in this. I guess warranty is voided if you do it yourself? I Thought it could be a nice oportunity to update software also

I am going down this road so asked Scott about this very thing and its implications on my Warranty..
response was..
"There are no implications on the warranty doing this but I would suggest you get the dealer to fit this, the screw heads are tiny! If you go ahead then ask Ilkley Cycles to give me a call before ordering as there are 2 different internals on the purion connector so there’s a chance he could order the wrong one if he isn’t aware of this".

Regards,

Mike.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Ok. Cool. Must ask my supplier also just to be sure.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
active line motors

performance/cx motors

• Informative
Reactions: Gubbins

MarkH

Nov 14, 2015
The Purion has one type of connector which is the same as the Intuvia. Two colour variations are offered and thats it. Doing the fitting yourself won't void the warranty but if you damage anything while fitting it, that then wouldn't be covered by warranty because you broke it yourself....obvious really.

Virtualmeuk

Nov 10, 2016
Warwickshire
So i fitted it this weekend. Couldn't have been simpler to be honest. Looks a lot better in my opinion and frees up the stem real estate for my garmin. After a short ride, the only thing that is slightly annoying is you cant see which setting you are in if you forget so end up flicking up and down to see. Not a massive problem.

Reactions: Deere John

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
how bright is the back light compared to the old screen?

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
So i fitted it this weekend. Couldn't have been simpler to be honest. Looks a lot better in my opinion and frees up the stem real estate for my garmin. After a short ride, the only thing that is slightly annoying is you cant see which setting you are in if you forget so end up flicking up and down to see. Not a massive problem.
cool! I also have a Garmin so I would like to get rid of the "dashboard" thing. Can you see the assist level bar as on the Intuvia?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
The Intuvia is much smaller than the Nyon.

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Still looks bigger that I thought it would..
yes, agree. And also the brighter display will be bad at night, and no bar for assist level. Hmm. I think I pass this for now actually. I find the Intuvia's information handy, even though I have a Garmin beside, but I use to have map view on that one. But I would buy one instantly if the information could be customized and the brigthness adjusted :)

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My view is.. if you want maps use a phone!
There are cheap ones out there so no need to spend the earth or risk a posh one on the bars.
I intend to fit purion and either mount my garmin centrally or buy a throw away phone and use that.
Not sure how seeing the assistance level helps....

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
My view is.. if you want maps use a phone!
There are cheap ones out there so no need to spend the earth or risk a posh one on the bars.
I intend to fit purion and either mount my garmin centrally or buy a throw away phone and use that.
Not sure how seeing the assistance level helps....
why would I use a phone when I have a GPS? :) it helps understanding how the assist works, you get a feel for how hard the motor push, really interesting to see, on my fatbike not much assist is needed going straight on asphalt, but when I bike just beside the road the assist level doubles. That is nice information to have I think, especially if you're going on long rides. But not necessary by any means of course :)

Actually, if you're having a Garmin beside the Garmin display is not necessary at all. You have the power meter on the battery pack. You have +/- buttons. The display could be removed completely. It would be cool if there was such a version and the Bosch system sending the data through ANT+ to your Garmin instead :)

• Agree
Reactions: Virtualmeuk

Advertisers