Help! Cube in the motor

Krisztina

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 7, 2024
Hey Guys,

We try to fix my motor, the hall sensor was faulty. When we opened the motor a little ( it's looks magnet but I'm not sure it's actually is) cube felt off from it. Now we have no idea where it's goes back. Could anyone give me a idea pls? Thank you

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have a look on the inside of the cover plate.

Reactions: Krisztina

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It's for the speed sensor. The speed sensor is the black thing next to one of the cross-head screws, where the number 005 is printed. The magnet must pass directly over it. I would guess that it was stuck to one of those flat semi- circles on the side-plate, but best to take measurements to make sure. It's not even needed if you can't sort it. Instead, you can use an external wheel magnet type speed sensor.

Reactions: Krisztina

Krisztina

Apr 7, 2024
It's for the speed sensor. The speed sensor is the black thing next to one of the cross-head screws, where the number 005 is printed. The magnet must pass directly over it. I would guess that it was stuck to one of those flat semi- circles on the side-plate, but best to take measurements to make sure. It's not even needed if you can't sort it. Instead, you can use an external wheel magnet type speed sensor.
Thank you so much, you saved my life :)

Krisztina

Apr 7, 2024
Could i be cheeky and just ask you to draw me a X where that cube is goes to pls? I tried to find it on the google, but it's feels like I'm the one who got this issue ;(
Is it causing that issue also as the PAS doesn't works when the bike is on the floor but if for example i will pick up the bike then it's gonna start to work? Seems to be not enough power in it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20240409_222255[1].jpg

speed sensor.

20240409_222309[1].jpg

so glue magnet so it passes over that sensor on the outer inside plate..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Use 2 part epoxy glue , it should be strong once set after 24hrs.

Whilst the motor cover is off check that bearing you can see marked as 6003RS, rotate it with your finger to feel how it runs. If it feels gritty or notchy at all in operation then replace it .

20240408_161142.jpg

Last edited:

Krisztina

Apr 7, 2024
Hey guys, we found out that was a gear key, but i don't know how it's came from the top of the motor :) we fixed that, so it's works now, my walking assist also, but my pas doesn't even i have no error code on. Should i get error code if the speed sensor doesn't work?

Advertisers