:D Boris ?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Sorry Flecc ( et al ) but having just seen the results of a nationwide poll on whether the general public wanted Boris for PM......71% said YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And having seen and heard people chanting boris...boris...boris.....at the closing ceremony yesterday.......

My question (again) is......could he really ? will he ? too many skeletons to come out ? too funny ? too eccentric ?

I dont know, but I do know he is a highly educated intelligent man......so.....whats his game plan....any new comments ?

I am only wanting to resurrect this topic as, although as you know I am already a Boris fan, I was still truly amazed to hear that 71% would want him as PM..... :cool:

Lynda :)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Highly educated intelligent men, and woman should not qualify for such a high position as them seem be more likely to be unstable, and live in a world that does not include reality.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
We need someone highly educated and intelligent who DOES still live in the same real world.

I dont think they are any more or less likely to be unstable though :confused:

If this survey is to be believed, then , maybe, just maybe, we may be in for a surprise........

We have had 'serious' for years....maybe now might be the time for a different perspective......someone who is FUN but still educated enough to cope with the serious parts of being PM.

I think Im tempted to give him a try......as they often say, laughter is the greatest medicine.....

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Yes I can do that....laughing all the way to financial armageddon all good fun

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Oh......come on Jazper.......wheres your sense of fun and adventure gone........could it REALLY be any worse ??

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's been the position for a long time Lynda, Boris being suggested for PM as a joke originally to show disgust at what we had already in that position (Blair). But since the public enjoy entertainment and Boris certainly entertains, it's become a serious proposal.

There's long standing precedent, for the Roman Emperors who put on the best games were popular with the people while often being the worst leaders. Nero was a classic example.

Since the record shows that Boris Johnson relies almost completely on what predecessors have done and a body of advisors, I don't think his being PM would have any ill effect, nor any good one. As Private Frazer would have it, given our prospects we're all doomed anyway!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
LOL...good to see you havent lost your sense of fun Flecc, we could all do with a bit more I think :D

Interesting analogy with the Roman emperors though....point taken !

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Send in the clowns, always seems like something dark and weird in those costumes favorite with a lot of psychos ..how many kids are frightened by them,..? He might as well join the Circus.... after all we are becoming the laughing stock of the world.. roll up roll up..

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Since the record shows that Boris Johnson relies almost completely on what predecessors have done and a body of advisors, I don't think his being PM would have any ill effect, nor any good one. As Private Frazer would have it, given our prospects we're all doomed anyway!
So building on what as gone before and listening to people who know better is a bad idea ?.

Do agree cant see how he could be any worse than the clowns we have had now and in the past.

Doubt it would ever happen even Boris has said its a stupid idea (so hes not that dumb) but as they say never say never

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So building on what as gone before and listening to people who know better is a bad idea ?.
I wish that was the case, but unfortunately it's not for two reasons. First he hasn't built on what his predecessors have started, just let it complete. Second, the advisors are those he's appointed and three have had to be thrown out as a result of wrongdoing.

His only original idea is a Thames island airport instead of a third runway for Heathrow, so that both sides of London can suffer aircraft blight instead of just one.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Boris is a 'fun' person and no doubt great to be in his company. That is why people flock to him without thought.
Such magnetic personalities do not make good leaders, Tony Blair being a good example.
I do not trust politicians who are good at talking and persuading on principle.
Consider their deeds, not words.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I tend to agree with you Mike.....but he really makes me laugh !

The reason I posted this was because I was genuinely amazed to hear the poll results of 71% in favour of him becoming PM.....mind you.....polls ....who can ever trust them :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I was genuinely amazed to hear the poll results of 71% in favour of him becoming PM.....
When the public vote in favour of any politician becoming PM, in truth it's invariably a vote against what they have at present. Yes Cameron and Clegg, they mean you.

Advertisers