Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Quick update on my nextbase-412gw, if anyone's interested ;)
Like they say, this realy is plug it in and forget it, so much so I'd forgot to get back here :rolleyes:
For the first few trips I took it into the house and reviewed the footage (exelent picture quality both day and night) I also wi-fi'd it to my iPad for a better/bigger picture, great image but sooooo sloooooow transferring the data you wouldn't bother unless there was an incident :eek: Anywho hard wired should be OK.

After just a few days I lost interest in watching where I'd been and now leave it in the car, (I did ask the halfords fitter about theft and he has fitted loads and as yet not heard of any being stolen from cars. ) I'll still take it out if I park anywhere remotely iffy.*

Bottom line
it powers up when I switch the ignition on and bleeps to remind me it's there and working, I have the peace of mind knowing I have a independent witness when needed, what's not to like, sweet :cool:

One unexpected side effect, it's made me a better driver ;)
Now there's a record of my driving, I'm not so quick to squeeze in that questionable gap or nip over on Amber :confused: I have turned the on screen speed display off ( nobody's perfect :p)

iffy*
Un related Funny story, back in my motorcycle days I knew someone nicknamed "iffy" along with a few others he went to a Harley swap meet (bikers car boot), they shared a stall and wrote there names on each of there items.
Strangely "iffy" sold nothing. It was only at the end of the day that the penny dropped, a potential customer asked " so what's iffy about this crankcase" LOL:D

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
One unexpected side effect, it's made me a better driver ;)
Now there's a record of my driving, I'm not so quick to squeeze in that questionable gap or nip over on Amber :confused: I have turned the on screen speed display off ( nobody's perfect :p)
Thanks for the update Gringo and your comments on the picture quality echo my own on the older model.

As for the screen information, I like to have it displayed so that in the event of police or jurors ever watching footage from my camera, I want to be able to demonstrate that there was no recklessness nor contempt for the law on my part involved in any incident.

Equally, that precludes any question of deliberately avoiding speed information being made available for scrutiny.

Glad you're happy with the NB model - it's so much better film quality than most of the others.

Tom

Advertisers