E-bike trailers help

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's rather a lot in the way on the left hand side of that bike model, so I think it would have to be offered up to the bike to see if there's enough room to clamp it onto the two frame tubes. It looks debateable. Here's an enlargement I've made of that part of the bike:

Clipboard01.jpg

And here's where it fits (or not):

Clipboard02.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
Thanks I have tried that and it doesn't Line up or fit correctly in my view. I just think this is for a particular bike from a particular decade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
If it's for a child get a weehoo, it mounts on the seatpost and works great. In the past I have filed a small amount of material from a hitch to use an axle mount style. Avoid chainstay mount styles they come loose too easily. If it's just for cargo there are seatpost mounted models for that too

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks I have tried that and it doesn't Line up or fit correctly in my view. I just think this is for a particular bike from a particular decade.
These have sometimes been what comes with a trailer, but meant for normal unpowered bikes with rim brakes. Disc and other hub mounted brakes and rear hub motors present all sorts of problems for low mounted trailer hitches.

On two of my bikes I devised rear ball joints with both my trailers having the equivalent cup on the tow arm. Solved all the problems.

Advertisers