eddieo and indalo banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cyclezee

It could be too late, everyone posting in this thread might yet be banned and the thread locked. :(
Well I should be for all my typos and as for you Mr Tony Fleccia, you have just posted far to many times:p

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Well what a shame if these two have been banned from the forum for good. However, the forum is Russ' train set and he can take it home or stop us playing with it whenever he likes.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the various threads of late, but a quick scan has not revealed anything which jumps out as being overly offensive. Has there been a mistake?

I think everyone knows that since 1997, no one is allowed to cause offence to another person. Even if we have no idea what it is that the recipient might find offensive, it is still no excuse. We are indeed a bunch of hyper sensitive, mollycoddled, wimps. Why can't a simple apology for any offence caused, past, present or future be offered and Indalo / eddieo reinstated. It's all a bit silly and a shame because I found some of their posts quite amusing.

Last edited:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Although i would never stoop so low as to complain about anybody.eddieo has had a few warnings in the past, and i can fully understand the need to attempt to moderate some of his postings(rantings),he does get very carried away at times,but he posts with a passion for ebikes and should be allowed back after a short cooling off period.maybe a ban could be short at first and eventually become permanent after three or more warnings.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I understand a number of you are concerned about the ban of two members and without going into too much detail, the ban was due to a conversation that was disrespectful of another member, therefore was a breach of the T&Cs and led to a number of complaints.

I have emailed both, Eddie has apologised and his account has been reinstated, the same offer is available to Indalo.

While this is my 'train set' I take everyones' enjoyment of this forum very seriously.

I will leave this thread up for the rest of the weekend and then it will be removed.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I understand a number of you are concerned about the ban of two members and without going into too much detail, the ban was due to a conversation that was disrespectful of another member, therefore was a breach of the T&Cs and led to a number of complaints.

I have emailed both, Eddie has apologised and his account has been reinstated, the same offer is available to Indalo.

While this is my 'train set' I take everyones' enjoyment of this forum very seriously.

I will leave this thread up for the rest of the weekend and then it will be removed.

I think that is very fair Russ and glad to see common sense prevails.

Maybe now we can get back to bikes, help, advice, support, and sometimes the humour, that this site is renowned for.

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

I think that is very fair Russ and glad to see common sense prevails.

Maybe now we can get back to bikes, help, advice, support, and sometimes the humour, that this site is renowned for.

Ditto to what Lynda has written.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Ditto to what Lynda has written.
And I'd like to ditto what Cyclezee has already dittoed and thereby make an implied ditto of funkylyn's post.

I'm pleased that we can all play with the train set again and I'm looking forward to seeing, "eddio the engine" emerge from the naughty tunnel, hopefully without a tender behind. (and Indalo too)

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Good outcome.
Perhaps in the future as members we should be more vigilant if we see something developing and try to dilute the situation before it escalates out of hand.
Let us all stand up and be counted and make sure the train stays on the rails!

p.s. glad we have an edit button to correct posts I'm always getting mine wrong. I'm going to spell check all mine from now on.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi!

BAN was nothing to do within recent shennanigans...I received a "members area" communique from Indalo and wrongly assumed it was some sort of PM and not for public attention....WRONG!

From memory it was not serious or really derogatory just silly banter.

Interesting thread this one as it reminds me of that age old question "what did you do in the war daddy" Also keep your friends close and your enemy's closer...A few of you are invited around for tea this afternoon (you know who you are:D)

in all seriousness it was a bit of a shock and totally out of the blue...draconiam or what! a 2 strikes and out system should be in place or something like it......:rolleyes:

I hope Indalo comes back on board real soon or else I wil be starting a strike or dirty protest......

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
To live outside of the law you have to be honest........(Bob Dylan)

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
Welcome back Eddieo & hoopefully Indalo. I haven't a clue what's gone on recently, but you both add alot to the forums from what I've seen. Keep it cool :cool:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Wow I missed all of this. Anyway glad to see your back. I've not always agreed with some statements but never thought there without reason.
I don't think I've ever been offended by you either.

Even if you did. It's on the computer and I'm sure if anyone was to meet up in person views would be took on board in a much more acceptable way. Still it would have been a sad day to loose a member

Just like when d8veh left for a bit. I really thought his posts where useful and still remain to be. I learnt alot from members and wouldn't want to loose any of you.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Please come back indalo....then we can all continue to be one, sometimes happy, sometimes argumentative, but always informative and helpful, family.........just like in the real world :D

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Eddie you are so lucky to be allowed back so soon,maybe you should take your two minute ban as a wake up call,and moderate your postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers