Edge Fast4Ward/Kuo A2B

squeak24

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 21, 2017
London
Hi

I purchased an Edge Fast4Ward back in 2011. Due to health issues and living 70 miles away from work I haven't really used it that much over the past couple of years. I got it primarily to cycle to work, but still have that option of being able to take it onto the Tube and Trains in Rush Hour.

So things have improved health wise, and I am moving closer to work, I got the bike out this afternoon to make sure everything was in working order tighten up anything that could fall off. Then I noticed the Motor Cable that runs from the battery to the motor has frayed. I have sent an email to A2B for assistance to see if they do spares, but it looks like a standard cable that I could get from Maplin. I am an Electronics Engineer and doesn't look too difficult to replace (albeit I will have to get my Dad to Solder it, I am rubbish at that, unless I could crimp it of course. Does anyone know what type of cable it has. I presume it will be some kind of IEC cable, but without going through all of them I can't pin it down. I've been in an office too long to remember that stuff anymore

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

D

Deleted member 4366

We need photos of the damage and the cable's two connectors.

squeak24

Apr 21, 2017
London
thanks for the speed response, I will take a picture of the damage tomorrow, but this is the connector on the half that is damaged.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

That looks like a battery wire. Can i see a photo from much further out so that I can see what it is? Where does it go to?

squeak24

Apr 21, 2017
London
yeah, it is the cable that runs from the battery then joins onto the second part that goes to the motor. I am away for a few days for work at the moment so can't take any more images until I get back.

squeak24

Apr 21, 2017
London
what I am wanting to know is what type of cable is it, is it something I cn buy from Maplin? Looking at the pins it looks like a standard type of cable but with the way they line up and the way it is inserted into the female part of the socket I don't want to get the wrong type.

Advertisers