EMTB Mode first ride...

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Had my bike updated yesterday and here are my views on how it works for me/
First, what hasnt changed..
For the frugal among us that dont like using electricity, Eco and Tour remain unchanged, and for those who run Turbo, then no change there either.
My usage is 65% Road, 25% Trail/Towpath and 10% in the rough.
So whats different? Bearing in mind I have a Purion so no power graphic to show how much power is being applied
Riding back from Ilkley takes me on the grove in traffic and the bike felt to be in tour but when I spotted a gap to nip through it was instant full power when I pushed on the pedals and then calming back down when I eased off. Next its up Wells Road and onto Ilkley moor which is up to 22% gradient and normally ridden in Turbo so no change there, until I stop for a drink and then restart on the hill. Normally a hill start in Turbo using SPD pedals is not the smoothest, trying to clip in first time with the bike wanting to do a wheely but now it was much better and more controllable, so narrow chicane type gates will be easier to navigate without having to select a lower mode. Last lap is on the towpath where the new mode shows its difference by cruising along nicely obviously in a lower power mode with turbo instantly available by just pushing harder on the pedals.
The bike also has an improvement on the cut of in that it floats in and out much smoother than before, although this could be due to other aspects of the update and not necessarily down to EMTB mode.
All in all I am well pleased with it.

Related Articles

Advertisers