Fitting issues with Badass 3.4 on Trek PowerFly LT 8

Olis4

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2018
West Midlands
Hi everyone,

I was excited to fit my badass tuning module to my Trek PowerFly 8 but it clips the spokes.

WhatsApp Image 2018-05-01 at 09.23.10.jpeg

I've ended up ordering the 10mm adaptor plate and now i'm doubting my decision and wondering if it will fit even with the adaptor.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks and happy biking!

D

Deleted member 4366

Can't you make your own adaptor out of a bit of joggled aluminium strip with two holes drilled in it?

Reactions: Olis4

Anthony27

Jun 29, 2018
Lausanne Area, Switzerland
Hello. I'm just wondering if you found a way around the difficulty. Thinking out loud, how about fitting the magnet on an outer spoke (relative to the sensor)? It would still be close enough to the sensor and wouldn't touch the box.

It's difficult to tell from the photo, but does the box clear the spokes at least?

Olis4

Apr 25, 2018
West Midlands
Hello. I'm just wondering if you found a way around the difficulty. Thinking out loud, how about fitting the magnet on an outer spoke (relative to the sensor)? It would still be close enough to the sensor and wouldn't touch the box.

It's difficult to tell from the photo, but does the box clear the spokes at least?
The box didn't clear the spokes so I bought a 10mm adaptor plate and it fits fine now

Anthony27

Jun 29, 2018
The box didn't clear the spokes so I bought a 10mm adaptor plate and it fits fine now
Thanks. I read about that but I'm not sure about what the adaptor plate. Where does it go ? I presume it creates more space between the spokes and the frame so is it like a washer you fit on the rear wheel hub?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
as long as the magnet passes the dongle the adaptor lets you move the dongle if there is a spoke clearance problem.

Reactions: Anthony27

Anthony27

Jun 29, 2018
Excellent! Many thanks. Very clear. I'm still waiting for the box to be delivered, but now I have a backup plan if there's not enough clearance with the spokes.

The bike is my daily means of transport on a 30-mile commute, so I really need it to work !

Advertisers