Flour, Bread and Cooking

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Without added sugar (important for pompholyx), sounds great, will give it a go as a coronation treat while rehearsing my version of the oath of allegiance..
Honey and sultanas could cause problems? The coffee grinder is to make oat flour, and to throroughly mix in baking powder (adds fluffiness, well a bit, it's oats which contains zero gluten. If you leave it to stand after mixing in grated apple, for about 20 minutes, then mix again, a bit of fluffiness can happen after baking at high temperature). Consuming oats does cause a blood sugar spike, like all carbs, but I have no idea if that would affect your condition.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
One year, I had grown such a heavy crop of courgettes that I didn't know what on earth to do with them. Even my neighbours were sick of courgettes. So I put them through my electric vegetable juicer and used that instead of water to make delicious glowing green incredible hulk bread. It's Ph didn't impede yeast growth. I'm about to do the same for the insane number of pumpkins from this year's harvest, for nutritious orange loaves. I'll post a pic or two, when I feel overwhelmed by my 45 remaining pumpkins, and start frantically juicing them to make space.
@oyster (who I belive has discovered there's more to life than these forums). GREEN BREAD CROWNED BRITAIN'S BEST! Delicious glowing green bread it was, made with juiced courgettes. I should have added chocolate inclusions and entered that competition. Mine weren't at all bitter...

Green bread is crowned Britain's best loaf

Advertisers