Fooled in purchasing Wisper 905SE Sport old model

vassilis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 16, 2009
Hi everyone and many thanks to all of you for your support and comments.

I had not written anything on this forum for a while, as I was communicating with Andy of EBS to try and reach a solution to this.

I can now confirm that this matter has been sorted out as we've agreed to a mutually acceptable settlement with Andy.

I will post my comments on the bike on a separate thread. Already Wisper has indicated that it will provide me with an exchange front-brake caliper as the front brake is currently not really useful.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Hi everyone and many thanks to all of you for your support and comments.

I had not written anything on this forum for a while, as I was communicating with Andy of EBS to try and reach a solution to this.

I can now confirm that this matter has been sorted out as we've agreed to a mutually acceptable settlement with Andy.

I will post my comments on the bike on a separate thread. Already Wisper has indicated that it will provide me with an exchange front-brake caliper as the front brake is currently not really useful.
Good. :)
You'll probably need to change the brake lever as well as the pull ratio will be different. I may be wrong but I think I know both the old and new brakes in question.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
interesting

I know this is an old post and all settled now, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth as I found it very interesting since Wisper is top of my short-list for a new bike..

As a retailer myself (not in the bike industry though) I would never get into a situation like this with a customer. Regardless of whether this was an innocent mistake or intentional misrepresentation, once it was clear the customer was unhappy, they should of made immediate contact with the customer and took whatever steps it took to put it right.

As far as I can see, the options were either to financially compensate the customer and take a hit, or alternatively accept a return back and send a new model wisper bike (perhaps an Eco model one) and swallow the shipping cost.

At the end of the day, what is more important, losing <£200 or losing your customer and the damage to your reputation? It's a no-brainer. Customer satisfaction and providing first class service should be the top of priority of any business, if your business is going to grow and do well. Mistakes happen, but it's how you deal with them and conduct your business that counts.

That said, what stood out for me is how David at Wisper stepped in and went far beyond their warranty obligations. This is the sign of a good business that stands by its products and values its customers. It's a rare thing to see these days where customers are treated as numbers not people by big businesses.

It certainly fills me with great confidence in Wisper bikes, should I decide to buy one and if anything were to go wrong. I think a lesson here is choose your retailer as carefully as your bike. And check your bike carefully before assembling and riding it!

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks for your comments Morphix!

Our bikes very rarely fail, so if and when one has a problem we believe it to be in everyones best interest to get it back on the road quickly with a minimum of fuss and inconvenience. We have a firm belief that if a customer invests in our business by buying one of our bikes they should be repaid for their confidence by enjoying trouble free Wispering for many years.

All the best

David

Advertisers