Freego hawk speed limit

Pharisee

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 9, 2011
This probably won't help a great deal but as no-one else has answered....
The controller on my 905se City S has a pair of white wires that end in a small plug and socket with a loop of white wire that effectively connects the two wires together. Removing that shorting link will remove the 15 mph restriction. Don't expect it to make a great difference, though. With the restriction removed, my 905 will pull along a level road at 18-20 mph without me pedalling.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there is no speed limiter on your bike.

kuksoolchris

Oct 2, 2014
Inverness
Hey guys. Thanks for the replys.

The manual states that the speed is electronically limited to 15.5mph.

I can't find any wires that are linked together but thanks for the post. I would be happy with 18mph on the flat tends to be what I average on runs would be nice if the bike did most of the work up to 18.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the manual is wrong. The fact that assistance is not cut when you ride at over 16mph shows that it's porkie pie.
Speed limiter uses an LCD that can accept user inputs for wheel size, speed, unit (kmph or mph) and choice of external speed sensor or internal motor revolution counting.

kuksoolchris

Oct 2, 2014
Inverness
After much experiments I must agree with the manual. That motor will not spin any faster than the speed to give 15mph at the wheel. The motor doesn't switch off once peddling faster but is defiantly programmed not to go above 15mph. Very annoying!

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
After much experiments I must agree with the manual. That motor will not spin any faster than the speed to give 15mph at the wheel. The motor doesn't switch off once peddling faster but is defiantly programmed not to go above 15mph. Very annoying!
If the motor doesn't switch off can't you just put a higher gear on the bike?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@kuksoolchris: from the top of a hill, turn on the electrics and throttle up. If the bike is limited, the power to the motor will be cut when you reach 16mph. If it doesn't then the bike does not have speed limiter.

Advertisers