Front light for country roads

Trekkie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 22, 2018
Leicestershire
I commute a couple of times a week on my Trek Powerfly and cover about 12 miles on unlit roads. Currently I have a Cateye Volt 700 and another 400 lumen backup light. This issue is on full brightness they are just about enough to see but I am guessing because of the poor beam control I get flashed by cars coming the other way (they are angled down)

My bike is pre wired for lights (6V) so I was thinking of either a B&M IQ-X 150 or a supernova M99. Does anyone have either of these? If so it would be great to get your feedback.

Thanks

Roger.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Lupine SL

a bit expensive but the beam image is like a car dip light
Also has inbuilt sensor control for auto switch between day run light and dip

Reactions: Trekkie

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
@8000lm thats all you will be able to see and blind anyone else lol ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its the best bang for your bucks output wise esp compared to lupine ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id not care as long as i can see where im going :D

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
id not care as long as i can see where im going :D
I here you
But when the car coming towards you can’t see you because your dazzling them and flattens you it’s not so good then :(

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I commute a couple of times a week on my Trek Powerfly and cover about 12 miles on unlit roads. Currently I have a Cateye Volt 700 and another 400 lumen backup light. This issue is on full brightness they are just about enough to see but I am guessing because of the poor beam control I get flashed by cars coming the other way (they are angled down)

My bike is pre wired for lights (6V) so I was thinking of either a B&M IQ-X 150 or a supernova M99. Does anyone have either of these? If so it would be great to get your feedback.

Thanks

Roger.
I ride a trike on unlit Basque Country roads, trikes get quite fast on 10% downhills...

Currently I use a b+m IXON IQ Premium AA cell powered 70 lux light and I haven't been scared yet. I will replace it with the 150 lux battery powered headlight when it fits in my budget. The other solution I have is to use the IXON with another IXON 40 lux for 130 lux total.

Reactions: Trekkie

Advertisers