Haibike 29er x duro tubless tyre recommendations for tow path rides

skerly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2016
Surrey
Morning team..

I have had a few issues with random blow outs on my 29er running marathon plus tyres.. even the bike shop are puzzled.. literally the inner tube explodes even if the bike is in the garage..

So I am looking for move to tubless but am having problems finding the right size tyre with e bike support.. any recommendations?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
When you say blow outs, is the tyre blowing off the rim or do you simply mean a puncture that goes bang?

Either way, you need to get to the bottom of that before going tubeless.

skerly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2016
Surrey
When you say blow outs, is the tyre blowing off the rim or do you simply mean a puncture that goes bang?

Either way, you need to get to the bottom of that before going tubeless.
Hi Rob.. it's strange.. with no intervention the inner tube explodes.. psi at 60 on tyres supporting 50 to 80.. didn't even ride it out last time.. took it to the bike shop.. they replaced the tyres and tape etc.. they had two blow outs..am thinking the wheel is somehow nipped

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
It's still not clear, does the tyre bead blow off the rim?

If that's happening with new tyres, it does suggest the wheel is not gripping the tyre correctly.

Does this happen to the same wheel each time?

Marathon Plus tyres are as tough as tyres get, so if you bought new wheels there wouldn't be any need to go to tubeless.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
This doesn't sound right at all. I've done over 3000 miles on a set of Marathon plus tires without a single puncture. In fact the rear one's so worn it's now a slick!
Are you sure there isn't something sticking in the tyre that's puncturing the tube? Are your tyres the right size for the rims?

Advertisers