Haibike battery lock seized

Earthskyouch20

Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2016
Hampshire
As the title suggests, lock is seized!
I eventually got battery off with a combination of twisting key, hitting the lock/battery and swearing!
I've removed lock from bike but can't get it to operate.
I lube it every ride and bike is less than six months old.
The latch pushes in and out freely, it feels like the lock mechanism itself is jammed.
I've been told this is a common problem, so does anyone any have any helpful suggestions please?
TIA

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The swearing is probably the most effective strategy. Haibikes use Bosch?. It is the only real gripe I have had has been the efficacy of the retaining lock. Initially, it would not properly lock and the battery moved to a disconnect position . I cured that by clamping a bungee cord around it.
Now after 18 months it had decided to lock, and I am having a hard time opening it. I always charge the battery off bike, .. no cluttering of hallway.
When the battery is out, does rotating the key in the lock cause the internal cam to move .. I put a dose of muc off lubricant on mine the other day...and it feels freer.

Reactions: Earthskyouch20

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Earthskyouch20

Earthskyouch20

Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2016
Hampshire
The swearing is probably the most effective strategy. Haibikes use Bosch?. It is the only real gripe I have had has been the efficacy of the retaining lock. Initially, it would not properly lock and the battery moved to a disconnect position . I cured that by clamping a bungee cord around it.
Now after 18 months it had decided to lock, and I am having a hard time opening it. I always charge the battery off bike, .. no cluttering of hallway.
When the battery is out, does rotating the key in the lock cause the internal cam to move .. I put a dose of muc off lubricant on mine the other day...and it feels freer.

Earthskyouch20

Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2016
Hampshire
The actual latch bolt moves freely but key doesn't turn it. Key barely does quarter turn, stops dead, doesn't feel like just grit in there.

Earthskyouch20

Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2016
Hampshire
So I took it to the locksmiths and they took it into workshop, basically oiled it, kept working the key and brought it back functioning! He thought maybe the key not very well cut.

Advertisers