Help! Hailong 1 battery mount replacement

James Torr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 3, 2018
Hey folks, looking for some technical advice here. I have a 5 year old Hailong 1 battery mount/controller that is on the blink. Getting short circuit warnings on the dash. I've swapped over components with a friend's bike and everything seems to work apart from the mount, so I'm guessing it's this. This originally came from Yosepower, but they don't sell the 4 pin mount any more.

I will get in touch to see if they have any, but as a backup, I'd like to look into alternatives.

I've seen Hailong 1 mounts on eBay like this, but the plug coming out of the kit is completely different. See the attached file with the white background.

What's the best option here? The wiring looks pretty intense, I can solder, but there must be thirty wires there - some with the same colour. Has anyone been up against this and found a suitable replacement, or a simpler option for connecting it up to the motor/dash/throttle etc?

Attachments

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
Ebike Batteries sell replacement battery plugs and sockets for the H1 mount:-
Hailong 4 & 5-Pin Male & Female Discharge connectors – eBike Batteries
You could try just replacing the male plug on the end of the controller (just two wires).
If that doesn't work you might have a controller fault?
The alternative is a new integrated controller mount, but they now have 5 gold pins instead of the 4 square ones you have:-
Slider for Hailong-I Battery / or with Integrated Controller – YOSE POWER UK
You would then need to replace the female socket on your battery with a 5 gold pins one- again Ebike Batteries sell them. There's a few Youtube videos - here's one:-
How to Change a HAILONG Ebike Battery Discharge Connector - YouTube
The mount shown with the white background is just a stand-alone mount to connect the battery to a separate controller - hence just the two wires (red and black). If you bought one you'd find the aluminium heat sink is empty apart from the two wires to the plug. It also looks like an H2 mount - an H1 battery won't fit.

Last edited:

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
Thinking about this a bit more, you say your controller-battery mount is 5 years old?
I don't know when it happened, but Yose changed from KT controllers and displays to Lishui controllers and displays a while ago. If yours is a KT controller and you replace it with the one in the link I posted, you will also have to change the display (Lishui C500).
If your controller is a KT your best bet is to email Yose with a photo of the label and hope they still have spares.

Reactions: Bikes4two

James Torr

Sep 3, 2018
Yeah pretty sure it's not the Lishui display. Hopefully they'll have some spares! If not, I guess the Lishui display won't be super expensive...

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
Cheers @saneagle! I can't see the controller for sale on BMS, but TBK have it. I'll double check it later but I'm pretty sure this is it. No accessories or cables necessary I think, just swap the internals of the case around and I should be good to go, assuming I've not screwed up my diagnosis!
Cheers @saneagle! I can't see the controller for sale on BMS, but TBK have it. I'll double check it later but I'm pretty sure this is it. No accessories or cables necessary I think, just swap the internals of the case around and I should be good to go, assuming I've not screwed up my diagnosis!
Yes, that looks like the right one. All you will need to do is remove the 4-pin male connector from the old controller and solder the wires to the new one. Alternatively, TBK sell them so you could buy a new one at the same time.
Hailong 4Pins Power Discharge Connector Male or Female [Hailong 4Pins Power connector] - $2.85 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (topbikekit.com)

James Torr

Sep 3, 2018
TBK were pretty quick off the ball responding via email, in fact really good for AliEx/Chinese suppliers. Quite impressed.

They directed me to the AliEx page for the item, which after a little working out, I ordered. It works out slightly cheaper than their website. I also ordered the 4 pin connector in case that's an issue.

Cheers for the help @Cadence and @saneagle! Now the long wait till they arrive in the UK! Hopefully it'll be a bit quicker than the stated July arrival time, they usually are in my experience.

Reactions: Cadence

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
TBK were pretty quick off the ball responding via email, in fact really good for AliEx/Chinese suppliers. Quite impressed.

They directed me to the AliEx page for the item, which after a little working out, I ordered. It works out slightly cheaper than their website. I also ordered the 4 pin connector in case that's an issue.

Cheers for the help @Cadence and @saneagle! Now the long wait till they arrive in the UK! Hopefully it'll be a bit quicker than the stated July arrival time, they usually are in my experience.
Normally one to two weeks.

Advertisers