Help Needed with Onebot S9 E-Bike Controller Issue

levistus

Just Joined
Sep 26, 2022
Hello fellow e-bike enthusiasts,
I'm seeking assistance with an issue I've been experiencing with my Onebot S9 electric bicycle. I recently replaced the original controller with the S866 display controller, and while the bike functions well most of the time, I've encountered a peculiar problem during the battery recharge process.
Here's what happens: When I plug in the charger and the battery is fully charged, the display shows a full battery icon. However, when I attempt to turn on the motor right after disconnecting the charging cable, it doesn't engage, and within seconds, the battery indicator drops to empty. Subsequently, it continues to display an empty battery icon.
I've ruled out the charger as the culprit because, after leaving the bike unused for approximately 4-6 hours and trying to power it on several times by turning it off and on, it miraculously starts working again, and the battery indicator correctly shows a full charge.
I'm at a loss as to what might be causing this issue. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with their e-bike, particularly when switching to the S866 display controller? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to ensure my e-bike operates reliably.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Advertisers