Hoverboard charging port help

LIMI200

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 13, 2017
Space
Hello, I need help with a hoverboard I have.

The charging port came completely off and there were 4 cables hanging, 2 black, 2 red.

I opened the hoverboard and looked a bit online and understood that I need to solder the 2 black wires together and the 2 red wires together and then solder them to the charging port:
(I guessed that the bottom third pin had no use as there were no soldering marks on it left like the others)

I did so but I think I got the order of the red and black wires incorrect, which I am not sure what it led to.
After connecting I tried charging and it didn't work, realized maybe it was the opposite connection, then switched the red and black but the hoverboard still doesn't charge now.

Please help I don't know what to do I hope I didn't ruin anything, and please let me know what could've been caused if I connected the black and the red wires the opposite way and tried charging it.
Thank you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

If you connect the charger the wrong way round, it would normally blow the charger fuse. There can be one in the charger and/or one in the hoverboard. Before going any further, you need to get a voltmeter to test both to see whether they're both OK.

Advertisers