How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it was you that told me to use my own strava to record my rides and i get 1 kom and you chuck toys out of the pram cos i can remove the flags and nothing you can do about it pmsl.

if i wanted it i could take the lot anyway or are you that stupid ?

and just to prove a point i am not that fit drink and smoke so even with a dongle i cant take kom from road bikes on the flat.

ill try tho ;)

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Great day up in the Lakes today exploring the routes around Grizedale.

https://www.strava.com/activities/740462792

I was with a group, so don't expect setting the Strava segments alight. Only crashed once as well! Bike performed flawlessly, although I did seem to have the forks/rear shock a tad hard - going to drop 10psi out of each. Used 310wh out of 666wh.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Been out solo Tues/Weds/Thurs for a night ride, then Fri morn, Fri eve and topped the week off with a local ride with my riding buddy today (200+ miles)...conditions have got more slippy as the week's gone on and I had a spectacular "change of direction" today whilst climbing a path at speed with rather large drops either side, thank f**k for Hope V4's!! Spot of pic whoring...

DSC_0074.JPG
DSC_0076.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you should get a action cam and post up some vids ;)

skip to 3mins whoops pmsl

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
The s works looks fantastic. Where's the battery?
It's in the saddlebag Chris...48V 11.6Ah Samsung 29s...and my bike thanks you for the compliment;)

you should get a action cam and post up some vids ;)
skip to 3mins whoops pmsl
Oops indeed SW:confused:...I'm thinking of going all modern and getting a basic Go-Pro as you're not the first person to say that...and it'd be good to take someone along on some of the drop-offs we do (54mph max today on Roych Clough and avg of 12.4 on a 30 mile round-run:cool:)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Hmmm...food for though SW...may just go for the Hero4 copy at that price. I'm liking the remote to start/stop filming too:cool:

Prepare for some vids in the New Year then...the photo's just don't portray the tracks well at all

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The GoPro Session 4 is under £150 now. Waterproof without the need for extra casing, very small, easy to fix in a number of discreet positions. Battery charges really quickly. Here's an example of night footage and shows my new light set up too :)

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
The GoPro Session 4 is under £150 now. Waterproof without the need for extra casing, very small, easy to fix in a number of discreet positions. Battery charges really quickly. Here's an example of night footage and shows my new light set up too :)
Thanks for that Darren...didn't realise that the GoPro was that cheap (had £400ish in my head for some reason) and will look into it further as I'd rather have a "branded" one;)

The vid quality isn't too bad considering you're in woods with only artificial light...and your new light setup looks bright, but the thing that struck me is there seems to be no helmet light to be able to pick the track out whilst your bars are facing the other direction, there's a coupe of times where the track just disappears into the darkness as you twist and turn but it could just be the camera not picking it up:confused:

Thanks for that Darren...didn't realise that the GoPro was that cheap (had £400ish in my head for some reason) and will look into it further as I'd rather have a "branded" one;)

The vid quality isn't too bad considering you're in woods with only artificial light...and your new light setup looks bright, but the thing that struck me is there seems to be no helmet light to be able to pick the track out whilst your bars are facing the other direction, there's a coupe of times where the track just disappears into the darkness as you twist and turn but it could just be the camera not picking it up:confused:
I am wearing a helmet light too, but it doesn't pick out the path very well.
That's the camera in it's least favorite conditions I'd say, in any form of daylight it's remarkable even in it's lower res settings. But then they all look pretty good these days, even the cheaper Chinese copies.
For a genuine go pro product I think this is a good compact package and offers value for money. Here's some daytime footage too :)

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Just had a cursory look on Google and now understand that I was thinking of the Hero4, as I'd not seen the little Session version. I like the look of the Session (and the quality of the cliff path vid above), it's amazingly stealthy/compact which is what I'm after (don't want to look like a BBC outside broadcast vehicle)...Looks like today will be decision time and I'll ask Santa to bring me one of the choices, thanks for your input guys:cool:

Reactions: brightonebikes

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Update on the camera choice...went for the Hero 5 Session in the end as I really like the micro-size/quality and picking it up this afternoon...so my next question is what mounting positions do you guys use/recommend? Helmet, chest and bar/seatpost mounts seem to be my options:)

Update on the camera choice...went for the Hero 5 Session in the end as I really like the micro-size/quality and picking it up this afternoon...so my next question is what mounting positions do you guys use/recommend? Helmet, chest and bar/seatpost mounts seem to be my options:)
Nice choice, I'm pleased with my session 4.
Mounts wise, all of the above for varied footage and depending which direction the mud is flicking this time of year.
Personally I'm a fan of the chest harness, but also keen to buy one of the clamp on arms to create some more extraordinary angles from a rear stay or suchlike.
Editing software, I opt for the ease of Windows movie maker, others seem to over complicate the task.

Sent from here to there with computer wizardry.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Thanks for your reply Darren:)...chest mount and bar mount ordered (not from GoPro at their prices I might add:confused:)

Advertisers