How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

the remote is a bit hit and miss as will start recording but most times will stop and start recording again.

low light is not as good as a go pro and it does not have img stabiliser.

sound quality is also not as good as a go pro.

the menu screen only has 1 button to go through the settings.

batt lasts about 1 hr tho you will fill the 32gb mem card in 4k in about that time anyway.

uploading to you tube takes forever still got 2 vids uploading

Last edited:

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK

the remote is a bit hit and miss as will start recording but most times will stop and start recording again.

low light is not as good as a go pro and it does not have img stabiliser.

sound quality is also not as good as a go pro.

the menu screen only has 1 button to go through the settings.

batt lasts about 1 hr tho you will fill the 32gb mem card in 4k in about that time anyway.

uploading to you tube takes forever still got 2 vids uploading
hmmm. I think for the money it's fine.

Go pros have issues in dark as well due to lense aperture etc. I've found that 1080p /60 frames gives the best compromise. Don't get hung up on 4k as most devices don't output in 4k including go pros and about 99% of tv's. 4K as i'm sure your aware is totally overrated and misunderstood, as well as being misleading by the marketing companies.

Anyway, you'll still get most av lovers (myself included) wishing they could buy a plasma tv.

I'm lucky to have a home cinema (gets me away from missus ;)) and although i have so called 4k ability i mostly watch films in 1080p/60 as unless you but the ultra hd blue rays which are expensive, nearly all other media is not anywhere near 4k.

Anyway, i'm waffling on now and i haven't even touched on hdmi versions / abilities.

Not even sure 4k will survive, look what happened to 3d!:)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need a gfx card that can do 4k then you can turn up the resolution. we will have 8k screens not far from now ;)

tho what i want is a 60fps 4k cam now that will eat any size mem card :)

but for what i paid for the eken £63 inc delivery id buy this over any go pro.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
you need a gfx card that can do 4k then you can turn up the resolution. we will have 8k screens not far from now ;)

tho what i want is a 60fps 4k cam now that will eat any size mem card :)

but for what i paid for the eken £63 inc delivery id buy this over any go pro.
I found streaming 4k a pain, especially with 3 kids in house on on internet grrr. Just spent £600 on an hdmi switch which will pass through 4k, not many will do this. I wasted money, as this won't be compatible with 8k, or 16k. Can't keep up with it. I've decided not to upgrade any further and not to look as happy with 132" screen 1080p/60 looks great!.

Oh, my eyes are getting worse, but this is what god does to make my missus look better ;)

Agree go pros are over priced. I'm waiting for my new dji compact drone to be delivered. I'm hoping it will follow me in woods. Knowing my luck it will hit a tree!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

any one got any ideas where that red is coming from? as it is not there b4 i used that software to render it.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Highside43 trying to get a free ride in the Air Ambulance...video doesn't show how vertical it was or the smooth wet rock lol (warning - profanities within)

Last edited:

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
...and this was the morning ride, the bar-mounted camera picked up every little noise from the bike and moves with the bars, so next time I'll use a chest mount...cracking morning out with very competent riders

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Nice! I did some of the Marin trail on my standard mtb last spring and it was a killer! It was the day I decided to look into emtb's. A defining moment. I'd love to hit it now on my Haibike.
The camera footage looks good. Funny how it never shows the steepness though?

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
General consensus was we'll be back to ride the Marin Trail again Chris...not too hectic and great views, although there's no way I could do it on an "analogue" bike in a morning:confused:...post up next time you're going there (or any of the N.Wales tracks) and if I'm free, I'll meet up with you:)

The camera does flatten out the terrain, really noticeable on the Tarw Du footage as in real life it looked near vertical:eek:...like a sheep, I followed Highside43 off the first one then remembered I'm not Captain Scarlet and bottled it for the second one:D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Bwahaha:D...the start of that vid had me flinching as you went through the town centre, how the f**k you didn't hit someone is beyond me;)...not something I do or would recommend:eek:
Get a small bell too, you'll be amazed how people get out of the way and are polite about it, rather than the dirty looks you're getting off the pedestrians on the canal bank:)
Great compilation though SW:cool:...as I've said before, the site really needs to get a group meet/trail-ride sorted and I'm sure some good footage/memories would come out of it!

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont need a bell they jump out of my way just fine :D and if not there the ones that end up on there ass;)

• :D

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I can hear the Pedelecs Police gnashing their teeth from here mate:D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats why its in the sclass forum we have no speed limit ;)

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
You're still getting strange red blotches appearing on the vid SW...pretty clear otherwise:)

Advertisers