How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fairly local ride of 32 miles today mostly on FP's, bridleway and forest, unfortunately nearly every where is caked in Eddie's favourite stuff but most enjoyable.

Water tower nr Handcross ( would be nice as a house conversion).

DSCF0272.JPG

This trail was downhill and not to bad except for fallen debris. DSCF0269.JPG

And finally a brook running through the woods. DSCF0268.JPG

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Must admit that I'm sitting here trying to physic myself up for going out tonight.

The thought of all that mud, and now howling strong wind as well, currently isn't very inspiring. It doesn't sound overly pleasant out there. I do want to keep putting in the miles though, so I guess that a wet and muddy night it will be.

It would have been the perfect night for a ride through one of the two local army camps, but I can hear a Chinook currently going past, so that might not be the best place to go. I wasn't exactly made very welcome the last time that I was caught in there.:oops: Shame, as there are some superb road stone tracks to be ridden. An evening of dry off road riding would have made a welcome change.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That Chinook rumble past hear earlier on a E/S/E track.
I didn't get much traction in the real boggy goo today lots of slipping and sliding but stayed on with the help of the odd foot plant, plan to go out again Thursday but will do a road ride with Oxydrive now I have rebuilt the wheel with new spokes.

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Well... Nice day yesterday a little sunshine and mild temperatures so I took the opportunity for the first ride of the year. What a mistake that was thick glutinous mud everywhere with the bike slipping, sliding, wheel spinning and opposite locking everywhere after persevering for over an hour I gave up and made for the main road and for the first time ever turboed all the way home. The 4th photo is debris left in the bushes after the recent floods which took out the bridges in Yorkshire. 20160124_133148.jpg 20160124_133617.jpg 20160124_135543.jpg 20160124_133148.jpg

Attachments

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
No fun when it's like that. :(

I had similar tonight in several places, but thankfully the tracks were four or five times wider, which helped greatly.

It actually turned out to a reasonable ride in the end. My regular ride partner phoned to ask if I was going out, and that was the push that I needed.
The wind dropped, and the sky almost cleared.
Next outing Wednesday evening.

NealH, I know exactly where that water tower is. :)

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Here was my route of last week once the rain subsided - along to Symonds Yat with a plan to combine it with the Forest of Dean and Goodrich Castle. Alas, the rope ferry across the River Wye wasn't operating so there had to be a change of route....

[/IMG] IMG_20160122_145349.jpg

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Father Xmas arrived today. :)

One Rockshox Reverb Stealth.

Choosen for several reasons.

• I wanted hydraulic operation over cable.
  • I hate the look of external hose routing.
  • All parts are available should it ever require a rebuild/service.
  • SRAM aren't so far away from me, and have been very helpful to me in the past.
  • The Reverb Stealth does consistently well in test reviews.
  • And it's currently discounted.
I still haven't pulled the bike down for it's winter nut and bolt rebuild yet, so whether I'll wait or fit it now, I'm unsure. I want to replace the gear selection cable, and also swap the Nyon wiring for full Intuvia, and as both mean removing the motor, I might wait until I can find more time.
I have the time, but I'd rather be out riding at the moment, and speaking of which, last night's ride was cancelled, and I suspect that things are going to be pretty wet and muddy for tonight's ride. If nothing else gets done to the bike, a new chain is going on this weekend. The current chain has only covered approx. 200 miles, but the winter conditions have taken it's toll upon it. Never mind.

How about this for an mtb winter warmer! ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
o_O 1st time you've shown a pic of your wife :oops:.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And we all understand why! What we don't understand now is all those night rides... :rolleyes:

Reactions: EddiePJ and Nealh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you just push it in then as ill have to get one of those in mine :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
does the case need removing, or just the lock ring and sprocket.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well santa brought my new stem

its to the mm if it will work with the screen or not its flat if i use it upside down.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Just the crank arm, lock ring and sprocket. Make sure that you thoroughly get everything spotless and clean before fitting it though.
What does the ring do?

My German isn't up to Soundwave and Eddie's.

Advertisers