How many people are using there e-bike off-road?

bebbe

Pedelecer
Oct 17, 2014
Managed to put in a Friday tour today. Mostley all forrest. Really fun biking. But I took a nosedive frome a wooden bridge. So both me and my bike fell right in to the mud [emoji23]

Skickas från min iPhone via DX8

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Sherman

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
Soon one year with my KTM. It has developed an annoying creak somewhere and yesterday I spent some time trying to fix the problem. First I gave the headset a complete clean&grease, did not help. Next I checked if the bolts are tight in the motor. First time I opened the motor (Bosch 2015) and this is how it looked after one year of offroad/wet/mud/snow. Lots of fine sand everywhere.

I only opened the non-drive side. All the bolts were tight and the creak is still there :-( Next step is to remove the whole motor and clean everything. Other suggestions?

bosch1.jpg
bosch2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
That is pretty much how my motor looks after every few weeks of riding. :)

I regularly drop it for cleaning purposes. I also apply ACF50 to help prevent the build up of corrosion.

Even the motor on the new bike has already been out twice. First time to fit the Reverb, and now it is out again to clean the bike after the weekend ride.

This might be of help to you.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/cube-reaction-hybrid-pro-bosch-cx-500wh.23332/page-2#post-295764

If the creaking noise isn't the motor mounts, it could be a pedal crank bolt.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
will the cx motor fit on the full sus bike you think?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Nah, but I could just do what a few others do, and not ride in wet or mud. :D

Maybe not! :)
That's not going to happen is it?!
I've noted your ride preferences over recent times and you're not shy of a bit of wet mud / 2 foot deep full on stream!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that cube 1 was 10 quid but soon shot up in price ;(

you would think you would get a cover free for the cost of the batts:rolleyes:

mike barnard

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2016
selsdon,surrey
Soon one year with my KTM. It has developed an annoying creak somewhere and yesterday I spent some time trying to fix the problem. First I gave the headset a complete clean&grease, did not help. Next I checked if the bolts are tight in the motor. First time I opened the motor (Bosch 2015) and this is how it looked after one year of offroad/wet/mud/snow. Lots of fine sand everywhere.

I only opened the non-drive side. All the bolts were tight and the creak is still there :-( Next step is to remove the whole motor and clean everything. Other suggestions?

View attachment 13749
View attachment 13750

mike barnard

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2016
selsdon,surrey

View attachment 13749
View attachment 13750
If you remove the drive side bearing you will maybe find that it has got some dust and grit in it,the bearing should float in the bearing housing,it is located by a wave washer,clean it out and apply some Bosch grease,it usually gets rid of clicking and creaking

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
grrrr i have lost 1 of my bolts ffs bike dead ;(

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Quality bikes, these Haibike FS models. :D

Didn't you read the Haibike release statement, that states that all Haibike full suspension bikes, require the factory upgrade cable tie kit. Please contact your nearest Haibike dealer, for free modification.

You should know that this search needs to be at the top of your favourites list.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcable+ties.TRS0&_nkw=cable+ties&_sacat=0

Nothing inspires me to want a full suspension Haibike.

One meticulously maintained, ultra reliable, well engineered bike, already for tomorrow evenings organised group ride, taking in Hornshurst Wood. :)

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Advertisers